Video Games What Anime would you like to see made into a game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Lime, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

What anime would you like to see made into a game? And for what system?

I was going to say Saber Marionettes...but theres already one ^^...

2. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

I'd like to see a newer version of Saber Marionette J's Battle Saber! They could inprove the graphics, and maybe add in some human characters such as Soemon Obiichi or even Otaru himself! It'll be nice for it to be in PS2, but I don't have it unfortunately, so if it appears in PS2, it must appear on PSX as well!

3. Lime

o.o I think we need some anime shtuff for like Gamecube or something....Everything has PS2!

I think they should make a Saber Marionette RPG Game :D!!!!!

4. Sachiko

Isn't there one??? Or maybe it's just me.... ^^;;; but if not, an RPG will really kick butt!

I dunno about Gamecube cuz I don't own one :p

5. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Shameless Plug for BakaMattSu

Good news folks,our very own illustrious Bakagata Mattsurugi is turning his creative talents to creating a SMJ RPG using the PC version of RPG Maker! You can check out the details on his site: http://www.geocities.com/emmaworshiper

6. Lime

What could we do without him? :D!!!! :: passes out plushies of BakaMattsu:: ^^ ::huggles one:: Hes the best! ^^!!!!!!!

7. Sachiko

OH! And I didn't even noticed his awesome new layout ^^ Can't wait til his RPG project is finished!

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I'm still waiting for the Excel Saga dating sim to be released. You know, the one Ilpalazzo plays

Is there an english release of one of the 8 or so Love Hina games?

9. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

sorry, not yet, and there's likely never to be one... unless of course, we get some strange person making a multi-anime fighter... imagine Ryu Kumon vs. Yukito in his TA... ok, maybe that's not much of a challenge... that would be kinda tough admittedly...

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    is not a programmer

10. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I wish to have RUROUNI KENSHIN , I know that there is one, but I dont see it ... !

me too sad :(

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

But the real question is which version? The Ponta or the Turnip?

Don't get too excited yet...This BMS character is quick to claim lots of things and then not get anywhere on them...

BakaMattSu, darnit...those RPGMaker files were burnt on the same cd as SMJ OST 1...the one CD he's really getting frustrated at looking for!

12. UrashimaKeitaro

I've read reviews of the Rurouni Kenshin Fighter game, everything I read labeled it as a huge dissapointment, then pointed to the *unofficial* RK game, Last Blade, set in the same time period, characters based loosely enough on RK's that they don't infringe on copyrights, and a darn good fighter. It and it's sequel are both available for MAME if you know where to look (I.E. you could talk to me) I don't know much about the RK RPG, I saw some gameplay in a commercial on an episode I was watching, it's also not available in the states... too bad, ne?

-UK

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

'twas an arcade release?!

[Edit: Oh, I misread...you have mentioned Last Blade... My bad.]

BMS, short for something...;)

14. UrashimaKeitaro

yes, it was, a NEO-GEO game, it's easy to emulate, my old machine can handle it well, so I suspect anyone's could

-UK

15. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Here's a review of the Kenshin RPG I found on the net, I haven't played it myself but Musashi told me that it is really cool *looks over to Musashi*...

Rurouni Kenshin RPG
    Okay, that's not the official name for it, but still, that's how everyone refers to it. This game I've got to admit -has- to be one of the hardest damn things to understand. I'm not very skilled in the japanese language, so therefore this is my first mark against me. I love the series dearly, but so far the only thing I've figured out is A) You can play one of two characters. A boy, and a girl. The plot is basically the same for either, your character apparently hasn't any memory, and is saved by Kenshin at the very first of the game. He disappears. The plot gradually evolves from there. B) The layout of the game is pretty accurate and true to the locations in the Kenshin universe. Though, I think it's rather rude to be wandering into everyones houses and stuff. If a character is important enough, you get a picture (instead of just a name) next to their dialog box ( Like Megumi, or any other characters you've probably seen in the anime or so ). I haven't gotten very far in this game, but I've heard it gets better. I was never too good at RPG's either, this is my one fault. For the RPG fans, it has enough differences from 'other RPGs', during the combat sequences you have an ability to, depending on your characters skill and ability, can read your opponents moves. If you do a kick *** combo, your character does this 'I kicked ***' kind of speech. Is it worth it? There are nifty stickers and pictures that come with the game, and I'm sure it would kick *** if I actually knew and could read japanese. Worthy of checking out if you're any kind of Kenshin fan. As Sobakasu was the theme for the first video game, this one has a neat little sequence for the opening "1/2". All and all, pretty spiffy.

edit : that came from http://www.maison-otaku.net/~nuriko/games.htm there's a review to the fighting game there too :p

16. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Forget which anime should become a game! How about which anime-based games should be translated?

Although seeing an Akira game on PS2 would be cool ... kind of Shadowrun-ish, but hopefully better than that old Genesis game in that franchise ...

17. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I would like to see the animated series "Detective Conan" as a mystery-solve game.
    I remember once i played a game where a detective is given some clues and he should point out who is murderer.
    I would like to solve these kind of mysterious the cute-intelligent boy detective

:D

18. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

woah ... 0_o ... !

How did I forget about Konan !!!!!!

I can't believe that .... anyway, I agree with you Phat ... I like solving puzels, specially DETECTIVE ones .. ! ;)

19. Sachiko

OH! Is there a SLAYERS RPG??? If not, a Slayers RPG will be cool! :p

20. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

My favourite aready existing anime game has to be The Sabers That is off topic for the thread, but some people might not have heard about it yet. (doubt it, considering the level of SMJ fanatacism around here)

link follows:
    http://devoidofthought.com/cocktail.htm