Video Games What Anime would you like to see made into a game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Lime, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Um, MamiyaOtaru, how do you set up The Sabers, exactly? I downloaded the application and all the skin thingies appear. But what do I do?

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Skin thingies?!

lol!

Oh, yes, the wonderful Sabers!

First of all (just in case), this is a Mod, so you'll need to have Maxis' popular The Sims. If you grabbed "the Sabers Complete", it'll pop 'em in the right section. Otherwise, you've just got to do a little copying, and you've got yer skins, it's pretty easy from there...

1) Optional Startup Screen - very nicely done. To get this working in place of the normal one, copy setup.bmp in the folder "..\The Sims\UIGraphics\Other" and CreditBtn.bmp into "..\The Sims\UIGraphics\Nbhd"

2) Get those skins a-workin - unzip the zips once, and then a second time. Textures.zip goes in "..\The Sims\GameData\Textures" and Skins.zip go in "..\The Sims\GameData\Skins" Afterwards, when you cycle thru the females characters, you can piece together the right marionettes (or if you're strange, mix and match them...)

3) Mood it - Replace the standard dull music with some choices of your own. Fully your preference (I toss in SMJ, Mamiya merges the Pillows into teh game). To do this, just go into your Music Data folder in the Sims and copy either your mp3 file or a link to it...

BakaMattSu, how come when he types the address, Mamiya doesn't get censored?? :confused:

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

hahaha I wondered about that. I guess it just censors you to show that you're human, while everyone already knows it about me :)

Good explanation BMS! And I'm glad that at least one more person has discovered The Sabers. Here's hoping they get off their butts and expand it some more!

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I think we should put together a petition to get them going again.... Their wonderful site has been dormant since mid-last year!

Then after we've got all the names, we can ship 'em off to:

"Any questions or comments? Send them to: dono17@yahoo.com"

I mean, it's fun and all, but I wanna add an Otaru to the mix...

BakaMattSu, Not to mention being able to send neighbour Hanagata home when he invites himself over...

5. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO, BakaMattSu ~

Now lemme see if it works...

BTW, The Sims is included in The Sabers - Complete ?

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

'fraid not... you'll need some sort of copy of the game...

I believe a demo version might work, though. I think Mamiya tried it out that way...? Problem is, you'll have to find some copy or another to get it working...The Sabers is really just an add-on...

BakaMattSu, guessing it probably didn't work out for you...

7. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Re: .......

*That Guy know more about it than I do ;)*
    There is a RK game either on the PS or an emulation, anyways it's japanese and untransulated:( IF there were such a game do you think it will turn out like Ominusha? DO you prefer a RK action or RPG?

Bubble gum Crisis: TOkyo 2040 would another good anime game! :) There is a detective conan game, again japanese... I hope one day they will consider transulating and exporting the games... There are a looooooootttt of anime games at TOkyo!

=B me want to go to JAPAN!

8. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Everytime I try to load the sabers (I have The sims up to the Sims house party) it doesn't put it in all the right folders. And I try to put them in all the right folders myself (Bad mistake ^^;;;;) and it just closes on me in the middle of the game, or the game wont open to my neighborhood, and I dont know what to do now ;.; Please help!!!