Manga What Manga are better than the anime?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Yuna, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Yuna

Yuna New Member

I think the Video Girl Ai Manga is million times better than the anime. Cause many people told me to stay with the manga... So What other Manga's are better than thier anime's?

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Kenshin has a substantially climactic ending to it than the putsy anime version. I'm just about through the Jinshuu Arc (the final volumes) and I must say it is criminal that they never animated it...

I read through all of DNA^2 before viewing the Anime. The anime re-arranged things, stretched out some of the scenes, and completely removed one whole storyline. I liked the Manga slightly better in the end.

Other than that, I really hit more anime than manga, so I wouldn't know...

3. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

It's really a personal preference issue. For me, I'm newer to manga than anime, but I've already found that I prefer the manga over the anime in several cases. Each has it's own benefits, take Love Hina for an example, I like the story in the Manga, and the parodies and comedy in the Anime.
    In some ways, the ability to use Music and motion brings Anime to the fore, the combination thereof providing an excellent artform. But, on the other hand, Manga has it's own art, the pictures can be moving in their own right.
    I guess I don't have much of a rant to give here, I'll stop for now.

-UK

4. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I'd say the Sailormoon manga for the S movie was much better than the movie itself. Although, I must admit that the soundtrack is wonderful. (So wonderful that I bought it! ^^) Takeuchi-san really lets on that Himeko and Kakeru are in love. It was much better for Luna to catch them kissing than to hear the break-up. (Though I almost cried when I watched it in Japanese...) Besides, the side story included was also a sappy romantic one that wasn't included in the anime. (And the author's comments are always cute. ^^)

5. Riku

Riku New Member

I think the Gundam Wing Manga is alot better than the anime, o at least somethinglike that.

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Love Hina. the manga is a million times better then the anime itself!@

KaMe

7. Riku

Riku New Member

well all my goddes is btter than the anime.

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Oh my goddess/ Ah megami-sama manga is better than the anime O____________________O!

hmm that's it, I'm switching to manga! no wonder the anime was short...

9. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

What about the Akira manga? I presume it's got more of the bakstory than the film, seeing as it's the size of a few telephone directories. Is it good?

10. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well they say had Akira been made to the intire story that movie itself would have been about 10 hours long... man that be one long show@

hmmm im gonna get a friend to see if he can get the manga for me

@

Kame

11. DrunkLeprachaun

It's easy to get here, Forbidden planet has all four volumes. If you don't find it, you'll know how I feel, having to live on this miserable stinky smelly little Island([patriotism]which I realy like[/patriotism]), where I can hardly get anything at all.
    Ugh. Just venting steam.

12. Izer

Izer New Member

Silent Mobius. I've been a fan of the manga for several years now but the TV series is absolutely dire! :(

13. Kaori

Kaori New Member

hm...I liked Recca no Honou better in the manga and also Gensomaden Saiyuki in manga too. I prefer to read manga rather than to watch anime.

14. Chi

Chi New Member

most of the time the mangs is better than the anime.

15. Vash

Vash New Member

I have found that even though I really love anime any time I can get hold of the manga I prefer it. I think Inuyasha is a good example. The anime is great but the manga is far superior. Even in Japan when they make stuff for TV they start to pull their punches - black blood instead of red, and less of it; Sesshoumaru magically drawing the pearl out of Inuyasha's eye instead of gouging it out; the miko who created the Shikon no Tama looking like a pretty statue instead of a shrivelled mummy. And as well as taking the edge off it they haved screwed around with the relationship between Inuyasha, Kagome and Kikyou quite a bit.

That said, Akira is a great movie in its own right and the Excel Saga manga don't have Pedro or Nabeshin and best of all about the anime are the brilliant voices of the seiyuu!

16. Kusanagi san

Kusanagi san New Member

I thought the Yu Yu Hakusho and Akira manga were better than the anime because they were a lot more in depth than the series/movies

17. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

From what I've read, the Megami Kouhosei manga is MUCH better than the anime. ^^ I can't wait to order my copies, even if I can't read the vast majority of them!! ^^ (I will. Someday…! ^^)

18. petezilla

petezilla New Member

slamdunk

in the anime the players moves dribbles passes shoots don't even look close to the real thing which is really annoying if you are a basketball fan and you know how to shoot a jumpshot the right way.
    the manga doesn't have this problem of course as inoue knows how to play basketball

19. RichyX

RichyX New Member

There are 6 volumes so they don't exactly have 'em all.
    I've only got volume one so far (got cheated on an auction for 1-5 though, lost $90 on that :( ), it's very, very different so far.
    Kaneda is much more of a scumbag and just volume one seems to go to nearly the half way point of the film.

If it wasn't for the cost I'd have bought all the other volumes by now too, it's just that manga is kinda crappy value for me. I rarely read the same manga twice.

20. DrunkLeprachaun

It actualy has all 6, so does sub city. Hell, you can even get it in tower records. That was a misbrain thingy.