Toys and Models What toys/figures have you collected

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaYasha, Aug 27, 2005.

1. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I was just wondering what toys/figures have you collected. So you still collect them? What made you start the collection ( ie - Favorite show, it was "cool" at the time, ect) How many do or did you have. What was your first one in your collection?
    ***(( A collection is having a certine type of toy/figure( Beenie Baby, Gi Joe, ect.. don't just put I bought a Beenie Baby like a while ago and then send... at least have like 5-10 of something for it to be a collection..))

Okay, I haven't really collected much of anything, but I do have a few that I did, and now well do.

1 GI JOE - I was like crazy with these things. I don't collect them anymore I started in like 3rd grade and stoped in about 6th and donated all them to kids at the Moss House ( Beaten Childerns home ). I had around.. I think 25 or something. Not including like the battle guns and stuff. Also there was this like Action figure like a GI Joe, but he wasn't.. I bought like this Jet/ Car for him and I bought like 10 of his people. I started this collection because my friend Derek had some and then I started buying them we were like competing with each other. lol My first was like.. just some random dude. lol

DBZ- Started in 5th grade ended around start of 7th.. I also don't collect these anymore. I started to Collect these when I was really into DBZ, and before well it turnt into ..no comment. I had a few... I since I no longer have the collection ( gave them to my friends who still liked DBZ after I got over it) I can't possibly count how many I had.. The only ones I can think of only goes up to twelve people.. hm.. maybe that is all I had. lol
    I think my first one was a Goku one.

As of now I am actually trying to get InuYasha Plushies.. I only have one right now, but I am trying to work at that.. also Hot Topic always has the same one everytime... the one I have is an InuYasha one with out the huge gaudy sword in his hand. I started this because well I like InuYasha a lot and I think the plushies are so cute, even if Kagome looks over wieght. lol :p

1 person likes this.
  2. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

There were these mini dragonball z figures about 1 and a half inch tall. I have all of those. And every single pokemon toy burger king has ever had. all 3 sets. >_>;;

3. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

I started to collect a few gi joe toys don't recall what they are from though then I statred to collect gundam models I had about ten or more. After a while on not finding a few models I took the others and started to customized the other ones I took the Gundam heavy arms from gundam wing I used the gatline gun and turned it into a arm like off of mech warrior then i started to build more booster packs and a few swords from other models. currently I have ground gundam of 8th ms team, the gundam astray red frame, freedom and the justice gundam

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I always had hot wheels thrown my way as a kid and have a huge collection, of which my nephews play with when they come over.

I was also big on lego back in the days, and that stuff is still fun to play with.

It's tough remembering what toys I had when I was younger.. Hmm, maybe I did spend some of my allowance on Kinder eggs and I still have mini toys from those around somewhere. The rest of my money was spent on Star Wars CCG.

1 person likes this.
  5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Practically a whole bunch of Star Wars Lightsabers. Obi-Wan, Anakin/Luke (Episode IV), Dokou, and some other cheap ones. I'm hoping to get the FX lightsaber, that I will most definetly show off if i get it. I also have a nice model of the ARC-170 Starfighter.

Not so much for other stuff, I'm not a toy collector myself. I used to have lots of DBZ toys, but they were lost to the depths of my room in time ^^

I also want that Advent Children figure of Cloud on his Fenrir, but they only sell it in Japan on the $270 bundle of AC :sad:

-Seishin

6. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

I have all the McFarlane Alien collectables including the Alien Queen. I also have all the original Kenner Alien toys as well the ones from Alien Resurrection...im big on the Aliens series can you tell? ^_^;; powertothealiensomgwoot!

1 person likes this.
  7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I used to own several GI joes and mostly transformers. Loved Legos though, I had several models as a kid. Oh and CARS! :D

Nowadays it's just über cool Mcfarlane toys and anime related ones.

Although I still need to get a copy of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles kit...

- Teddz

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I used to have a lot like special barbies, tnmt (I even had this big stuff animal), some choice cars, sailormoon things, and a bunch of others. Now I have nothing. That happens when you homes gets ruined. I am trying to get star wars. I have some pezs.

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Ah, the toys... I had so many from the past. Lego, Ninja turtles, Transformers, Power Rangers, you name it!

But moved on a bit, now more into models. I have 8 Gundam model kits on my desk. All 1/100 scale gundams from Seed/ Seed - Destiny. Also have a Macross model and a few racing cars by the window... Will bring in a picture some time :)

- Shen

10. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

I'm collecting stuffed dolls and just about every anime one I see. Then about the anime figure models.

1 person likes this.
  11. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

ooo Gundam models haha.....

ive got....er.....40 or so? haha (im serious!)

the prize of my collection was Wing Gundam Zero Custom Perfect Grade....spent like 150 on it alone....very kewl until it fell off my bedside table....now its quietly spending its days in the bottom of a box >_<

*whispers* if anyones thinking of buying one the Wing Zero model is extremely top heavy so be careful....specially if you spend that much on it haha :p

12. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I finish building this at my cousin's place in America, he didn't have time and left it out for years, I had two weeks there so I happily finished it for him. This was what got me into the whole Gundam modelling scene. That is by far the most complete and "perfect" gundam model around. Fantastic

My Gundam Models

These are all from Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed: Destiny, all are High grades except Strike Gundam (the one posing in mid-air), and all are on scale 1/100. Unfortunately, they may not "look as good" because I havn't painted them yet. I will do when I get the time.

- Shen

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

This is gonna take a while. I starting "collecting" in high school, because I saw Gundam Heavyarms in Endless Waltz, and I said...*YUM*. But, I've had many other toys when I was little.

MY *THE* LIST*:
    1/8th Belldandy Blue Battle Costume (Ah! My Goddess! The Movie)
    McFarlane 1st Edition Tenchi in Battle Armor
    1/118 Gundam Wing Zero Custom
    Gundam Wing Zero Custom Chibi
    1/118 Gundam Heavy Arms Custom (with his clown face)
    1/118 Gundam Sandrock Custom
    Meahara Shinobu Action Figure
    Aoyama Motoko Action Figure
    Aoyama Motoko Story Image! Figure in bathing suit
    Ciel on cross gashopon
    Tohno Shiki on box gashopon
    Arcueid Burnsteid on rail gashopon
    Arcueid Burnsteid on rail "limited edition" gashopon (transparent blue)
    Kamui gashopon (forgot where she was from)
    Sakura on tree Naruto story gashopon
    Sasuke using his Fire Flower Jutsu "limited edition" silver gashopon
    Kyuubi gashopon story image
    Asuka bikini gashopon
    Asuka 7" on rail resin figurine
    Mizuho Kazami in lingerie
    Haruko Haruhara poseable figure with Vespa
    Character from Onegai Twins gashopon
    Squall action figure
    Rinoa action figure
    Maya gashopon (evangelion)
    Ritsuko gashopon (eva)
    Galaxy Angel gashopon set (came with the DVD Box)
    and all 4 current Ninja Turtles toys.

=D

14. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Oh my god! You're rich! Or loaded! :p

How's ummm, giving those ummm (let's see) 20 bucks i gave you the other day huh?XD

My latest toy doesn't count as a toy. It's a $100 FX lightsaber. Darth Vader to be exact. Blade looks farking awsome, and ignites and shuts off just like a real lightsaber (even though lighstabers aren't real! :D). The design is perfect, nothing less from Master Replicas of course. Truly the second best design for a saber (the first is Obi-Wan, Episodes III and IV!)

It's a great thing to buy, especially if you cosplay a Jedi (or Darth Vader), but it's kinda expensive also. Still, it's the real thing, no fake rip-off.

-Seishin

15. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

LOL, I have that Master Replica Saber too! I really wanted the Mace one, but those are extremely limited. LOL.

I have mine over the 55" in the family room. I only pull 'er down if someone wants to see it.

As for my "collection", yeah, I got most of the gashopon while I was in Japan, and I have it in a large transparant curio sitting on my wall. Unfortunately, the light inside the curio has kinda warped some of the figures. =P

16. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Hah! You think Mace Windu is limited? Try getting the Yoda one. Best replica ever. It even comes sorta-beat up, making it look like the saber's been in tough battles, just like Yoda. It's been sold out for like ever.

I still see some Mace Windu left in Wal-Mart.
    I hope that means everybody!^o^
    Wow, that kinda sucks. You should put them in a nice wall stand, where everyone could see it. That's where i keep my Star Wars stuff (currently the Episode III stuff like the sabers and cans and such that were limited)

-Seishin

17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Hmm.. the thing is with me.. I keep everything.
    So I have toys from when I was a kid still.. anyways, this is more of what I have collected a lot of...

Beanie Babies:
    I have almost 20 beanie babies. From those, my favourite are the Manny the Manatee, Scorch the Dragon and Magic the Dragon. I was kind of stupid and went crazy buying the ones I really wanted though.. of course I haven't collected those thing since.. 8 years, no it's just the one or two that catches my eye now, like the sea turtle ^____^ and Pooky the Bear.

UFO dolls:
    I have.. a lot of UFO Catcher dolls.
    Among those are Eruda, Freya, Chii in Pajamas, Chii in Work outfit, 2 Atashis;
    I have a set of Digi Charat dolls,(Puchiko pic is in ufo catcher thread);
    An Ed & Ein UFO doll, a few Hello Kitty ones, Furuba's Yuki in mouse form, a very large Luffy on Merry and a large Gaara one.
    Kuroneko and Ein plushes.

Gashapon:
    I collect gashapon like mad (ok, within reason) let's see if I can remember all my sets and odd ones out..
    Sets: Chobits Series I & II
    .hack series II
    Bleach series I
    Hellsing Busts series I
    Naruto real collection gashapon series I,II & IV
    Naruto stamp series I
    Singles:
    Sailor Saturn
    Eternal Sailormoon
    Inuyasha sealed on tree
    mini gashapon of Luffy and Chopper

I also have 2 Takashi Murakami figures, a set of 12 Hamtaros in animal costumes (I use them for cell phone strap, etc).
    I have an Ace Heroine trading figure from Sakana No "Na" (need to get Pacifica and Rosette)

Action figures = tons
    I got Eva Units 00,02(metallic and normal),03 & 04 (husband has 2 Unit 01s)
    Two sets of the skyluv Love Hina figure series, 1 set opened, 1 set unopened.
    McFarlane Ryoko,Tenchi, Vash, Motoko Kusanagi. (some 2 of each)
    Trigun figures Meryl Strife and Nicholas D. Wolfwood.
    Haruko on Vespa figure (FLCL)

Pinky Street:
    I have about 13 I think, which include Arcueid, Rei & Asuka.

Beanz:
    Ok, I went crazy and got Pokemon crazy Beanz at about 50cents for 6.. so I have a bucket full.. don't ask..

Resin Kits:
    I just bought one off ebay, Mina from Samurai Spirits, I'm going to try out painting models, see how that turns out, then I'll probably get more ^__^

18. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Toys:

Power Rangers- Seasons 1-?
    Transformers- Biggest collection. Have at least one form exvery season.

Models:

Most are classics like an 87 cadillac and so on.
    Hot Wheels of course. These things ar elike the bomb.
    I do have a Zoid model, one of my favorites.

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

20. Ангел вчера

Um, people think I am childish becuase I proudly display my *toys*. Let me see.
    1.Kaneda on his red bike-Akira
    2.Kaneda with the laser gun-Akira
    3.Tetsup with machine arm, and mutant arm-Akira
    4.Kenshin 4 inch figure-Kenshin
    5.Shinomori Aoshi 4 inch figure-Kenshin
    6.Bahumat-FFX
    7.Seymour-FFX
    8.Morpheus in chair-Matrix
    9.Fight Scene Neo and someone else in the Chapaux-Matrix 2
    10.Aragorn as the king-Return of the King(I think)
    11.Frodo-Return of the King
    12.Ring Wraith-Fellowship(I think)
    13.Some star wars guy. He's grey and wrinkly.
    14-20.Spawn figures
    21-Skull with tribal marks all over it.

I wish I had more, I surf ebay and stuff all the time looking for stuff I want, but can't actually afford.