Martial Arts What weapons can you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samurai Me, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

wellllll it should be mentioned that the shinobi we're NOT samurai and the sword was no more sacred than a rock, a mere tool. So they wouldnt have necessarily carried a fine sword by a high ranking smith. They more likely would have carried a cheaply made sword which might have been nothing more than a sharpened piece of steel. The sword wasnt so much a weapon as it was a tool for stepping on a wall or perhaps prying open a door or something. So why carry a fine blade when it mattered not how sharp it was or how strong it was?

2. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

uh huh. I read about how there swords to them were nothing more than tools. and that they used them for all kinds of things from making little step ladders to whatever they needed to complete there mission. And if they carried a fine blade then they would just ruin and waste a good peice of steel with all the things they needed it for. But mabye if were to keep discussing this we should make a Shinobi thread?

3. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

That makes sense. I don't know about everyone else who posted on this thread, but you guys have gone WAY over my head.

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

The market was flooded with cheap swords which resembled Chokuto, but were labelled ninja swords. This was basicly because the blades are easy to make when their straight and have a chisel tip.

5. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I'm agreeing with AD on that one. Just make a thread about it. This thread is only for "What weapons can you use?", not history on it.

6. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Ok back to weapons we can use.........welllllll its not really martial arts but I can shoot guns very well, I have been shooting since I was small and have won a few tournaments ^^ lol

7. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

You beat me to it! I'm deadly with a bow and arrow (I get a perfect score about 75% of the time), and I ain't too shabby with a .22 or a 12-Gauge. Just good enough to scare my friends:D . Oh, and I can hit a target from horseback at 50 feet pretty well. Don't ask me how I've tried it, but I have.

8. Hitokiri Tenma

Hitokiri Tenma New Member

I've been wanting to shoot a bow on horseback. My horse isn't trained enough yet.

9. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Well atleast you guys can ride horses LOL Me go on horse me go five feet and FALL....so from what I can see here shooting a bow off the back of a horse is HARD!!!