Video Games what were the games you were most afraid!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pardal, Feb 21, 2005.

1. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

i'm usually not afraid of games but there were some i got a bit scared playing them, like "resident evil", "project zero" etc... i'm playing "Doom 3" now and the game gives me the freaks! :dizzy2:
    i play it with a friend of mine in the dark and i get spoked such easily with it... gosh.. altough it's a good game!

1 person likes this.
  2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Resident Evil, the orignal one for PSone. I hate when that damn dog ran across the window. Scared the beejezs out of me...

Despite being a chicken for that game, I am still getting RE4 for PS2 (Yes, it's been announced)

- Teddz

3. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

When I first started playing it, Eternal Darkness for GCN scared me. Now it doesn't, but at first... While I've never played the RE series, I'd have to say that would probably be up there as well.

1 person likes this.
  4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
    Wandering through the first couple levels in the castle, some guard freaked me out so bad my heart jumped, I could feel a pulse roll through the artery in my neck. Then the level in the crypt.. it was too much for me: I had to take a break for a week before I could go back to it.

Half Life 2
    Once I got to Ravenholm, I got so unnerved that I basically couldn't take it and turned on God mode (invincibility). Then when I saw the first
    fast zombies jumping across the rooftops
    and that first one charged at me, even God mode wasn't enough. I turned on no clip and flew up above the level and shot things from there. It really made me wuss out bad.

Both had me really scared. I was able to play through Wolfenstein without cheating, but it was the one that actually got the biggest physical reaction out of me, so it's a bit of a tie.

1 person likes this.
  5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Fatal Frame

I'd say it makes Resident Evil look like a walk through Disn... err, I guess a park, since I'm looking for places that aren't scary. :p:D Anyway, you play the part of a young schoolgirl, (fun) walking through a mansion haunted with ghosts. Yes, that's right, ghosts. Your weapon? A camera. I dunno what it was, but this game got me scared in a way no Resident Evil game ever could. Just... creepy.

6. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

omg Wolfenstein! AHA i remember playing the old Wolfenstein 3D and 3D Advanced back in the day! awesome! *snicker* lol anyway for me it was Silent Hill for PS1....i played that alone in my basement in the dark and freaked the crap outa myself >_<

7. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

HL2.... I feel for you MO :D I got scared shitless with those

Doom3 darned Imps

8. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

the game you're talking about is "project Zero" and yes... it's Creepy :dizzy2:
    have anyone played "Enemy Zero"?

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Ahh, so it's one of those games with two names? (I checked on GameFAQS, both names went to "Fatal Frame")

What about the sequel? Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly? Has anyone played that? After the first one, I'm a bit unnerved at the thought of a second.

10. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I remember playing Doom III for the first time. Everything scared the **** out of me, going out from the elevator, noticing how the light got darker when the elevator closed...and the sound of 4 ****ing zombies waiting for your blood.

AND THE DOORS! THOSE DOORS!

- Teddz

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I know exactly how you feel. This is the scariest game I've played yet. When you got a really good laptop, the best graphics (high procesor,yada yada yada..), really good sound, and playing home alone, by yourself, in the middle of the night, Doom III scared the ever living s*** out of me! Mostly when in some missions, the kinda rush you in a way I can't explain.

I recomend this game for anyone that has a really good computer, or just wait for the X-Box version, much easier if you wanna save money. I think it'll be better, since it's on LIVE, and you get to be scared in co-op play, meaning, with someone shouting RUN!!! on your headstet. All in all, they'd both be good!

-SakataKentaro

12. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Yeah...I got info on what you speak of. Ive played it.
    Here's some info straight off of XBOX Nation, for those "unknowners" (is that a word or not!?) to the game.

Publisher: Tecmo MSRP:$49,99 (US) ERSB:Mature

Fatal Frame 2, casts two girls as the main characters....Mio and her twin, Mayo. In this game, they recieve an enchanted camera with the power to exorsice the spirits attacking you. Phisically, you are harmless to them, but with this Kodak (not really a Kodak), you are their ultimate threat.
    The game also has a feature, which allows you to change from third person to first person (preffer first, since its way spookier like that). Lot of good graphics and amazing gameplay is what make this game great.
    If you have an active imagination, you might wanna avoid this game. You can play it if you want, just dont plan on getting any restfull sleep.//
    Jason Allen
    -XBOX Nation, December 2004 Issue (Page 083)

There you have it...
    I...i could have said the same thing. Exept that looks a bit more proffessional.
    For spookyness, ill stick with this game. First person view, ghosts pop out of nowhere. I love it!

Note: I Paraphrased the entire text on it, so its different. Just like 3 sentences that are equal. Still, I give credit to all.

-KaiyonTormentor

13. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Hell, I can't even handle rollercoaster rides so that kind of puts me in the absolute wuss category ^^.

Well, first off. Resident Evil... played it on a crap TV with mashed up volume control, volume was pretty high since me and my friend were watching TV just before this. First zombie around that corner... >_< That look he gave me during that FMV sequence just put me off, adding to that the sound of the zombie and the fact the TV volume was buggered (and the remote misplaced somewhere). Was pathetic... nearly used up all my pistol ammo on that one zombie, but then quitted. THAT WAS ENOUGH!

Return to castle Wolfenstein. (Great game btw) I just hate dark places... that mission when you visit the underground crypt had me turn the volume low and walked around with the bazooka. Had to face those yellow fleshy zombies... Forget the thompson or the mp40, I just want whatever I see gone in a blast before the image gets embedded into my mind.

Believe it or not... Final Fantasy 7. Good game... nice soundtrack, sometimes you just want to listen to the music at loud volumes. So you start walking around in the fields, then all of a sudden the beginning of battle music jumps in (for those who don't know... the experience is kind of like having someone hitting a percussion set whilst you're half asleep)... that is some scary **** sometimes you know... you just don't expect it. Got heart attacks numerous times @_@

- Shen

14. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I always used to watch the stairs, cause i can still remember jumping out of my seat when that big thing just suddenly smashed its way through the stairs and started puching the crap out of me.
    Also when i was younger, Another World on the Mega Drive, that big monster dog thing at the start hunted me, i still remember the look of it on the FMV when it first appeared, i think turned off the console rather then see what it did to me.

15. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Dude, you serious? It really coming out for PS2? Awesome!!! Ive been wanting to play that game. But anyways on to the topic. I would say resident evil 2. Because when I played it all these zombies breaking through windows and doors unexpectedly scared the crap out of me.

16. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Lol, Only Bizzarro/Safer Sephiroth scared me. Look at 'em guys. Listen to that music.
    In 1997...this was preety scary.

And before that, the only game that caused me true horror....was Mortal Kombat 3. That was like 1995 i think. Jesus those people were scary. Especially that last boss. Then you have fatalities to give you nightmares....

-KaiyonTormentor

17. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

think of a game where you have enemies but you don't see them...
    you are on a space ship and all of the sudent you are attacked by an unknowen force... all your crew is death exept one or another and you must find the responsible for this.
    the problem is that you don't see the enemies. :eek: .you have a sensor that makes a sound like a bip and it gets faster as the monster aproaches!!!!
    but the thing is that you don't see the monster and you don't usually have a weapon. you have to solve some riddles in the game. it's name is "Enemy Zero", thats why i asked if anyone knew it.... it's darn dificult..

18. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

Nintendo Gamecube

Resident Evil 4.. Total creepiness.. I have an LCD monitor which I use to play video games or watch animes with, well I adjust the brightness a little bit toward a dim setting, it gives the game its full effect.. You could hear me yelling "Die you bastards"! from my room.. great game by the way.

19. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I agree. All Resident Evil games freak me out, but I love JIll!!!!!!!!!!!

20. -Vicious-

-Vicious- New Member

the only game to ever scare me was elmos letter adventures. :eek: i think i was scared because it was so easy. i dont know why i ever even played this game. :dizzy2: