Square Enix whats your favorite final fantasy game and why?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hitokiri_Gensai, Mar 27, 2003.

?

whats your favorite Final Fantasy Game?

1. Final Fantasy 1

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Final Fantasy 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Final Fantasy 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Final Fantasy 4

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Final Fantasy 5

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. Final Fantasy 6

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Final Fantasy 7

39 vote(s)
    44.3%
  8. Final Fantasy 8

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  9. Final Fantasy 9

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  10. Final Fantasy 10

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Final Fantasy VI is my favorite.. Best story line im yet to see, and best characters, everyone has their own thing.
    Final Fantasy IV is my second Fav. good story line cool characters
    Final Fantasy VII Brought FF back to North America is a Big way

8 had a good story. thats about it..
    10 is prety cool
    5 cant stand that one. worst story ive seen and the Job system is extreemly anoying.. I Dont like the fact that everyone can be the same fighter type.. it makes the characters themselves seem shallow as far as character development goes.

KaME

2. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

I don't remember which FF game was the first but I had played some of the NES ones and then I got FF8 which I liked cause of the speed in the battles and that it was a whole new system with junctioning and stuff

But I must say that FF9 is my favourite even though the fights are slower than FF8 but I really like the Technology vs Magic concept in the game that came back after such a long time

3. Eiri yuki

Eiri yuki New Member

thank god...at last...some ppl who sees that FF8 is graet:D

4. kawaii_turkey

kawaii_turkey New Member

keke

haven't played much of the earlier ff games but i plyed 6,7,8,9,10 and looking forward to ff online and ffx2 i usually judge games by their storyline and graphics i think ff 10 is da BEST!!!!!!!!!

5. Naraku

Naraku New Member

I liked Final Fantasy 8 the best because of the great storyline and because of Squall. He was the coolest main character!

I liked FFX a lot too and the graphics in that game were incredible but Tidus made me want to yank my hair out every time he opened his big mouth! Auron was awesome. He should have been the main character....grrr...stupid storyline!

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

i hated Tidus he whined WAYYYYYYY too much although i guess he kinda has the right too...but still i hated him and i agree that auron shoulda been the main character...and Yuna just kickedass in that game ^^

7. Bau

Bau New Member

FF10......good????.......:rolleyes: bah, so crapy. it had no plot. and in regaurds to grapics, well put it this way, if i want a movie, i'd go to blockbuster and rent one.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

i liked ff10 but ok...the graphics were well worth it tho...although i liked the opening to FF8 alot too

9. Metman

Metman Guest

I think some of you guys should go back and revisit the classics. FF6 is one of the best RPGs and all around games i have ever played... but if i were to put them in order

Best
    FF6
    FF7
    FF4
    FF10
    FF5
    FF8
    FF1
    FF9
    FF2
    FF3
    Worst

and i have played them all

10. I have only played 7,8,9 and 10 and clearly of those 4 7 was the best, I give it the best storyline of them all and very good music.

11. Gohan_Darkmoor

Gohan_Darkmoor New Member

****************Some Spoilers****************
    I chose FFVII because it was the second FF i ever played (FF1 was the first) and it was the first one i beat. Aside from that sentimental value this game holds for me, i LOVE the story line. That @$$ sephiroth.....killing aerith....... that was the ONE and only time a video game has made me cry.....when i first saw it, i had been working with aerith hard, and i loved her character. Then that jerk has to go and impale her! (hates sephiroth)
    Also, Cid Highwind is the man! He is awesome! Cids a stud, im telling you. One of the best, if not the best chars ever. The other reason is Reno! Reno is the only one who could ever beat Cid in a studlyness contest. His Electro-Mag Rod is a great weapon. He doesnt let his feelings get in the way of his objective (which i respect). He is also devious and knows how to get what he wants. Also, in the FFVII internet series fan-fic (which is awesome i HIGHLY recommend it to any true FF fan) Reno is a great char. He still retains his cocky demeanor, and his mercenary attitude, but he does soften up and he and the Turks join the Team. All in all, final fantasy vii is the greatest game of all time and it will take a true work to beat it (if thats at all possible)

1 person likes this.
  12. ::ZodiacStone::

::ZodiacStone:: New Member

That happened to me too. Areis was my favorite charecter in the whole game and when that happened. ::Sadness:: (Hates Sephiroth more::)

13. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Yes Final Fantasty Tactics is by Far the best FF game.

But FF8 had great summons and skills.

FF7 i disliked because it was so easy! Come on Knights Of Round= Rigged.

14. TomAnthony

TomAnthony New Member

You are kidding when you say "amazing graphics" right?Your point about Sabin is valid but Setzer he sucks.Oh but he makes a terrible joke when you find him in the world of ruin!
    He says:Time to get us another one......Airship that is!To Daryls Tomb!
    At that I laughed!And another thing about that game is all the bosses who are apparently the same size as you on the field are like a thousand times bigger than you in battle.

FF7 is really much better in the battle system,but the graphics have gotten dated now,even compared to FF9,which acctualy has pretty good graphics,for the playstation.

7 rules,end thread.

15. the wanderer

the wanderer New Member

FF4!!! cmon people! all should know that cecil could hand titus his butt on a silver platter with a side of cloud!

16. Firefly

Firefly New Member

I'll go with 8. It was the first one I played. (well, it's not like I played them all, only 7,8 and 9). I just loved it. 7 was a bit too dark for me and 9, well, it's not too bad. But 8 all the way. :)

17. Selphie Tilmit

Selphie Tilmit New Member

Hey,
    My fav FF is FF8. It has the best characters ever(I mean,it has Selphie in) the best storie and the best sub-stories.(will not continue due to spoilers) Also i know that many people don't understand the junctioning system ,and i feel deeply sorry for you if you don't, but if you do you will understand me when i say WOW !!!! I could just junction all day long let alone play it with all the other amazing stuff.
    I just think that this is the best and if you don't think so, you haven't found it's magic.

Selphie rocks!!!

Selphie

"I'm on the missile base infiltration team!"

"I have to be! They launched missiles at MY Trabia!"
    (after the devistating news)

Oh and anyone interested in ff8 send me an email at:sephie@hellokitty.com

Attached Files:

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

*laughs* no i wasnt kidding about the graphics. you find me a RPG for the SNES with batter graphics that Final Fantasy 6...

19. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

FF7 is the best. It had the best story line, the baddest villian (sephiroth, he reminded me of vicious), and the only ff game that actually kept me intrigued. Selphie as for junctioning goes....it just makes the game easier.

20. ::ZodiacStone::

::ZodiacStone:: New Member

Yes I have changed my desicon for faveorite game. I had said ten but after comparing storylines and charecters: Final Fantasy 7 is definatly my most fave!