Square Enix whats your favorite final fantasy game and why?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hitokiri_Gensai, Mar 27, 2003.

?

whats your favorite Final Fantasy Game?

1. Final Fantasy 1

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Final Fantasy 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Final Fantasy 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Final Fantasy 4

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Final Fantasy 5

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. Final Fantasy 6

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Final Fantasy 7

39 vote(s)
    44.3%
  8. Final Fantasy 8

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  9. Final Fantasy 9

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  10. Final Fantasy 10

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

I loved FFVIII. I liked the characters, the GF's, and The story. Very cool game. I hated VII.

2. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I dont know how you could hate FF7 it was the perfect game....cool story ....long gameplay....cool chracters....awesome ending....and so on..

3. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

I wish i could change my vote to VIII...

IX was like... HORRIBLE!!!!!

*****This may contain a few spoilers*****

Final Fantasy VII - Very great game, set the bar for all other final fantasies to follow (except IX), the CG animation, for the time, was wonderful. The materia system to this day, i think, is still the best magic system ever! I loved the entire thing! The women were awsome! (oops... did i say that out load???) Had a very nice storyline. Had an awsome replay value 9.5/10 If you buy two games, make sure FFVII is one of them

Final Fantasy VIII - One of the best... no... wait... The Best FF i ever played! The GF system kicked soo much butt! The character animation was and still is, breathtaking, especially in CG's (but, you cant compare it to X's, cause they looked real). The weapons were very original i thought, why, i could have never thought of a gun blade! It had the best storyline of any FF ever! Again... really nice women! (oops...) Also, best card game ever! (beside Magic: The Gathering) On top of that, it undesputibly has the best music of any RPG ever made or probably ever to be made! 10/10 If you buy just one RPG in your entire life, you best buy FFVIII

Final Fantasy IX - Let me start out by saying... oh god... ok... Now, I completly despise FFIX! The character animation was the worst i have ever seen, they look like mokeys, their heads are twice the size, if not larger, than their bodies! Almost all of their weapons were strait from another FF! The music was crap, Only two freaking people could summon, terrible card game. They could have done soooo much better that what they did do! It was, on top of that, ungodly boring, i started and played to the end of the third disk, and i still hated it... and come to think of it... still do! dont even ask me how bad the women were! 0/10 Every copy of this video game should be burned!

Final Fantasy X - Now here was a RPG! It set the bar even higher from where VII set it! But, VIII is still above it. I love this, though not as good as VIII. The characters were umbeleivably made well, at some times, i forgot that they werent real. The sphere system was ok... i wasnt a huge fan of it, but it was good. Auron was hands down the coolest. One HUGE problem i have with it, is that the main character, Tidus didnt seem like the main character, the game revolved a lot more on Yuna. Again... this game didnt have a strong storyline. Also, the final boss, was like the easiest thing i have ever seen, in fact, about every boss was easy in this game... But, the graphics and replay value make up for these flaws. 9/10 Great, definatly buy it, but, buy VII and VIII first

4. Kami

Kami New Member

I thought that FFVIII was the best. I loved the story line and I could never get enough of Squall and Seifer. The fact that the story line was so catching to me kept me playing. I think that my next favorite was probably 6. I thought that the first FF game was so cute and I loved the four player bit.

5. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

I really like 8, dont get mad at me..lol! I can explain why. This game was my first FF game...and I could not help but fall in love with the characters! Selphie is exactly like me!!"Woo Hoo, We're flying!!":D

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

And let me start out by saying... oh god, I love this game...

Oh, come on, the animation wasn't that bad. I found it quite good. I have seen far worse - check out Trogdor in my sig. :p

If I see this as an argument to as why FFIX was no good, I will seriously scream. There is one character (and race) in the game with a tail - Zidane. "oh my god, he's a stupid monkey". *sigh* And don't even get into the DBZ theories. Red XIII from FF7 was a big animal. Kimahri from FFX was a big blue beast as well. He's not the only animalistic character.

And they're more proportionate in FFVII? No way. Run around with your block-handed Spikey-headed Cloud on the world map and compare his head size to Zidane's. Now there's a large head.

FFIX's character designs were intentionally lighter than the previous FFVIII's installment. It makes the game get an overall pure innocent fantasy feel. FFVIII was so realistic and sterile it was to the point of boring to me.

NEWSFLASH! That's far from being something new to the FF series. One of Final Fantasy's continuing trademarks are to include previous elements. Almost every game includes a Masamune and Excalibur. Name an FF where you never encountered the infamous exploding Bomb monster - I challenge you. Who can forget Moogles or Chocobos? If IX loses points for this, all the FFs except the original few do, too.

Now, IX might contain a little bit more than the usual carryovers, but that was intentional. Starting with VI and carrying over to VIII, Final Fantasy started leaving it's traditional crystal roots, and became a more futuristic fantasy than traditional Wizards and Warriors...As the final PSX game for the series, IX was a tribute to those original 5 games, which were so much dearer to my heart than the newfangled "realistic look".

I loved the music, personally. One of my favorite Nobuo Uematsu compilations. He used a few orchestrated chorus-like numbers, a number of nods to earlier pieces he's done (the Gurgu Volcano was easily identifiable and had me singing along), and he didn't go extremist looking for a new sound styling. To date, I find FFV and FFVIII the least enjoyable work he's done, and both seem very experimental in nature - perhaps not fully polished, or maybe just unfinished pieces that he prematurely put together.

As opposed to what? That EVERYONE can summon like FFVI, FFVII and FFVIII? I personally abhor that model of summoning. Summons were welcome back in the early consoles as they were simply overpowered damage spells with large costs. Now, they're overdone IMO. Summons get so much exposure that they really lose that "my god that spell is cool" feel for me. In FFVIII you sit through the same cutscene each and every use. Gah, timewaster.

And it seems you have dual standards. "Only two freaking people could summon". I guess FFX must be even worse, as Yuna's the only Summoner there. Oh, crap.

Wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it more than FFVIII's, because there was a bit more strategy involved. I disliked the 100 card limit, though - that would likely be a pain when looking for those last 3 or 4 cards.

But if you find it terrible, who's forcing you to play? There's one game you have to sit through to finish the game, and that's it.

Oh man, if they did...I'd never be sick of the game. :D

A matter of tastes. Every game plot is different, and not everyone likes the same story. FFIX was a bit weak, but it was still not a bad story. I couldn't stop for the full weekend I played from beginning to end.

No pinups of little Eiko for you? LOL, I think you're playing the wrong game here. Final Fantasy is NOT a Dating Sim.

9.5/10 - Everyone who wants to burn it should instead give me the copy. I'll put it to good use.

7. Dwarf-man

Dwarf-man New Member

i only have played 7, 8 and 9 im almoste done whit ff9 and i was in the end at ff7 but then my memory card got earsed damn i was mad the and im only at the 2nd cd at ff8 but the best is ff7

8. DarkNd Destiny

DarkNd Destiny New Member

My Favorite Final Fantasy Games:

1 - FFVII
    2 - FFVIII
    3 - FFX

All had a great story and excellent characters.

:)

9. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

(SPOILERS) Although FFVII was one of the very few FF games where the villains weren't just evil, FFVII's point was more straight forward; save the world. Only little story plots were thrown in to throw it off track here and there, the only two good ones being that Cloud wasn't really good enough back then to chalk it up and make it into SOLDIER and that Aerith died (YAY!). While in Tactics, the one twist is all that it needs to just completely twist everything around; this being that everyone looks up to and worships as a prophet as he's the offspring of God Himself, and the legend of the Zodiac Braves, really is all complete and utter bullcrap, as this "son of God" is more equivalent to the devil than anything. It's a twist that's supposed to mess with your mind and make you question some belief systems. (END SPOILERS)

At least, that's how I see it... I could be wrong. *shrugs*

10. hatsuharufan

hatsuharufan New Member

Personally I liked number 7 the best (chocobo racing!). But I also like #10 and the appearance of familiar characters.

11. Z01

Z01 New Member

FF7

Sephiroth Is Kick A**, Aires Is Pretty Hot, But You Know What Really Pissed Me Off :anger: Was When Aires Was Killed, Because I Spent 10 Hours Getting here Final Limit Break - I Just Heard They Where Making A Sequal To FF7 Or Something FF7-2, Gota Check It Out!!!

FF9
    I Did Beat FF9 And I Have To Tell You They Got Really Good Summon Openings, But What Sucks Is That You Can Only See The Long Version Once

[edited by DrunkLeprachaun: Do not double post, if you forgot to add something in a post, use the edit button. You are new, so you will be given the benefit of the doubt this time.]

12. Bau

Bau New Member

Oh i forgot everyone judges games one the graphics... oh well

I must say when i got FF9 i was So excited to start playing it 'cause i only beat the game once through, my friend lent me his copy,
    after about 2 years of "i want this game" i finally baught it, and guess what!!!!

DISC 1 was !@#$%^ and since it was used i couldn't take it back that angered me, so after another long time about 3 months
    hahaha, i went to a pawn shop and found it for 15$
    well i baught it and Icould finally play the gamre again!!!
    i had a case of FF9 disc2,3,4. so i spreaad the joy of the game. i gave my disc 3 to a friend of mine, her Bros needed the Disc3.
    now i have Disc2,4 layin' around gatherin' dust.

ERRRR anyway to the point.

"there Sprites were deformed."
    you know what i say to that!!!
    BIG FREAKIN DEAL, i thought that it looked great. it made it all fantasy like. adn more interesting then those small headed FF8 characters.:p :p

"they look like monkeys"
    ***spoilers****
    well i guess you haven't beat the game then cause the reason zadine is like that was 'cause he was a genome from the planet
    Terra. and all of the genomes looked that way.

"only 2 people could summon"
    OH FREAKIN' GOD.
    guess what?????!!!!!!
    FFX
    THERES ONLY ONE!!!!!
    you can't have all the people be summoners fo G-heck sakes, and Dagger and Eika were from the Summoners village, garnet just had her Horn removed since her Step-mother, queen brine found her.

"there all so annoying"
    well sorry i didn't reallize that Squall in his leather and Fur wasn't classified as ANNOYING and stupid.
    Vivi-Black mage- let me see hes a Black mage do you want him in leather and Fur???!!!
    all the characters looked really good, and tewo of my head that looked...uniqie....hahaha. (Qunia and Amarent)

"the card game sucked"
    Oh god learn how to play it and then tell me it sucks. you do realize that the cards WILL lv. up as you us them!

"its so boring"
    hahahaha oh i forgot you all like the new and improve "gunblade"
    now that was just pathetic.
    and the the game play in this game was Great it was like the older FF's wicth i thought WAS great, "this is awsome a 3-D olden type FF game,"

i think that i covered everything

in my opinion FF game s should be more like this one so since you hate this one i take it that you hate the older one too.

Bau

13. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

FF8 is the best.

Because it has the best card game in ff games and i like it's story and it's gameplay>:D

14. single spark

single spark New Member

i think my favorite ff game is ff8. so far i've only played 3 ff games, ff8, ff9 and ff10. i like the story of ff8 and its kinda more challenging than the other two. though when its comes to animation i would definitely go with ff10.

15. Novus

Novus Gone

Booo! Those three are all ridiculously easy. If you want a challenge, you have to go old-school. I think difficulty peaked at around 4 or 5.

16. SwordfishII

SwordfishII New Member

Hmmm hears the way i see it

FF7-Awsome charectors awsome story awsome spells the whole materia thing rocks and fially its one of my first RPGs

FF8-Gaaaaaabage horrible crap of a story worst spell system i ever saw and compared to FF7 i would rather shoot a nail through my foot which i found out after or during playing FF8 is suprisingly soothing

FF9-not as bad as 8 but still sucks, Have you seen the main character Zindaine i think his name was What is he a rat thing?
    the story was quite bad spell system but still horrible bad
    cant come close to FF7

FFX-This one way kinda good not as good as FF7 though it had an ok story an ok group of characters except for auron hes awsome ok spells and skills but it was way to easy i have never ever died in it or even came close

I dont have anything else on FF6 FF5 or FF4 cause i only have chronicals and i havnt beaten them yet but FF5 was awsome good class system

17. Jet_Black

Jet_Black New Member

7 is far better then any other in the series I mean the charecters were great the story was great and there werent too many annoying movie sequences so my vote goes to 7 and besides I like sephiroth the best

18. SwordfishII

SwordfishII New Member

19. Jet_Black

Jet_Black New Member

huh *holds a lit lighter under his copy of 9* I don't wanna torture the prisoners that bad they don't deserve that kind of punishment I mean it's not like they ALL killed someone