Square Enix When is FF7 and FF8 remakes coming out on PS2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Akusi, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Akusi

Akusi New Member

When is Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy 8 remakes coming out on PS2

2. Eiri yuki

Eiri yuki New Member

there will be remakin of them?...never knew:p

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

They were making them?

Coulda fooled me.

I dont even think a remake is necessary.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

This is a rumor that has been floating around for quite some time, and it is simply that - a rumor. The only remakes due are the recent Origins (ff1 & ff2 for PSX). As Neph pointed out, very little updated will be needed on those wonderful two games for quite soem time yet.

5. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Well they could re-do the CG sequences in FF7 & actually involve Vincent & Yuffie in them... But a whole game remake for that... nah

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i don't see really why they would remake 8...and i've only heard the rumor about 7. and the reason they will never put vincent or yuffie in the bg stuff, well, they ARE hidden characters. nonessential plot elements. you can finish teh story with out knowing of them and be just fine.

7. Eiri yuki

Eiri yuki New Member

still...it would be great if they do it...7 and 8 r better then 1 and 2.

8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

First off I want to ask.

Why would they even bother Remaking the game or the CGI. and what ever possessed anything to think they would Remake the game.
    Common sense tells you that there is absolutely no need or use in remaking the game.. its fine how it is..

Anyway I don’t think you will ever see them Remake any of the game ever..

KaME

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

they remade 1 and 2 and also fixed a couple of things. have you even seen the orgiinal versions of 1 or 2? it's pretty good for nes (famicon) but there were some major flaws in design. they look like 6 now graphically, and have pretty much 6's buy/sell screens, you can pass your attack onto another creature instead of the "ineffective" message, they increased the number of letters you can use to name characters...and there's never been an official release of 2 in english.
    those 2 games needed it a hell of a lot more. 7 can wait. and i doubt 8 will ever have that done. ya see, 7 is still making money, i know i ususally sell a copy every time i go in to work.

10. Eiri yuki

Eiri yuki New Member

well...the looks of the game may become better...i mean if ff7 was made with the same looks as ff8 it would be much better...MUCH MUCH BETTER!

11. Angel from hell

But i like yuffie:shy3:

Damn rumor makers should have evil rumors spread around about them

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

yuffie alsways annoyed me, but i understand your pain...i would looooooove cg of vincent..purrr

13. Akusi

Akusi New Member

Its not a rumor

they decided to make Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 8 remakes the day the PlayStation 2 really came out and they sent Final Fantasy 10 onto Shelfs they said they were gonna do a remake for them for the fans who liked the game and no matter how you look at it there gonna have to because when you think about it square is running low on moneys and remaking final fantasy 7 and final fantasy 8 on the ps2 with new premo graphics so many fans would buy them giving square more moneys money that they need so yeah there going to they have been talking about it for quite some time now

14. Angel from hell

*Sigh* oh well wether it's true or not here is a picture to both tide us over for now

Attached Files:

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Considering the fact that the supposed announcement was two years ago, and nothing, not even a single stray screenshot of development has surfaced (of which screenies of the ff games are always plastered about during development), I can't help but be skeptical.

I have no idea where you are getting the "square is running low on money" bit, largely considering that: FFX was a big hit, FFXI is flourishing in Japan despite a technically difficult start, FFX-2 sold over a million units on it's first day of release, and now they're merging with the other large RPG company, Enix...

"they" have been talking about it for quite some time now? Perhaps you could elaborate on just who you mean... "they" meaning Square, and you have tapped their phones? or "they" meaning a reliable news source you can link to? or is "they" just a few people you've talked to while being hyped up.

I dunno, the prospect doesn't sound too bad. But I've seen remakes of favorite games and movies in the past, and even though the remakes are flashier and higher-budget, they just don't quite capture the essence of the original...

Want more rumors to chomp on? I got one that's been around for a few months...

With X-2, Squaresoft for the first time repeated a world of Final Fantasy, which was something new for the company. Now, with its obvious success, there apparently had been mulling over a VII-2. Yep, a sequel to Final Fantasy 7. It only makes sense, considering it is the most beloved game of the series overall. Why an actual discussion and not an immediate project launch, then? "they did not want to let down scores of impassioned fans with a sub-par sequel." Makes sense to me. It's like making a space fantasy for three movies, putting them aside for 20 years, and then making prequels to them. Can you imagine how subpar they would seem? ^_^

Well now I'm rambling, so I'll stop. Let's hear a little more feedback here.

What do you think of a possible re-release of these two games? Would you buy 'em? And, what's your stance of FF7-2?

16. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I would buy a remake of VII, I'd probably buy a remake of VIII too, but I don't see that happening. But there is absolutely no evidence that such a game is being made. A sequel would be more likely along the vein of X-2, but I'd be somewhat wary about that. BMS' point is valid there. I'd still buy it, but there's a danger they could **** up what is in my oppinion the greatest story in any game ever.

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

In response to BMS, I think if they made an FF7-2 I probably wouldn't like it all that much. The original FF7 was simply an incredible story that held my attention nearly all the way, and pretty much all the story lines were closed. I don't want to see Aeris return, I don't want Sephiroth to magically come back, I sure as hell don't want to see some new Even-More-Ultimate-Evil-Force conveniently arise to threaten the world again.

I would like to see a Final Fantasy 7 series. That would be great, especially if they didn't kiddify it.

But as it stands, I'm pretty content with FF7 as it is.

18. Eiri yuki

Eiri yuki New Member

we all know that, but won't it be cool if u played it again?

19. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Why not just play through it again as it is (as I am currently doing)?

I wouldn't give a crap how much better the graphics were, as it is already the prefect game to me :)

Graphics aren't everything, fool.

20. Quistis

Quistis New Member

What chould they change about the game? It seems fine to me.