Square Enix When is FF7 and FF8 remakes coming out on PS2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Akusi, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Akusi

Akusi New Member

FFXI is dieing

Finaly Fantasy XI is like dieing big time they have wasted more money fixing it than building it right when they realeased it out they had so many bugs on there servers and so many consumer reports say that they concentrated too much on the game at hand and not on how its gonna run that was a big problem too many bugs to even think about realsing it in the states thats why it was postponed and they made a quick game to recover for it one they had in back up X-2 who would buy that its just something to buy time till they fix FFXI which looks like it will take another 2 years before being released in the states and lets hope its not gonna have many errors also only those with a dsl or higher connection will really be able to get into the game yes i will admit it will hit big but it will be knocked out of the water if star wars galaxies comes out before it but that game has been postponed so many times who knows when thats gonna come out

okay i just applied for the public beta test on squaresoft for FFXI if i get it which i most likely will i will be able to end this argument and help them out with the testing also they would not be changeing Final Fantasy 7 Or 8 if they remae them only the graphics maybe even give the characters sound that i think would be the greatest thing in the world New Better Graphics They Talk Same GamePlay i would buy it in a heart beat

ohhhhhh Final Fantasy XI testing :":runs around in a circle screaming for joy has goten dizzy than he finnaly runs into a wall :": ouchies

[edited by DrunkLeprachaun: No double posting. That be a rule right there.]

2. Quistis

Quistis New Member

It will take 2 years!!! Oh man, I was hoping it would be out soon. At least their fixing it. Congratulations on the testing.

3. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

If there are remakes coming I´m surely gonna buy them... I don´t know when the games are coming... If they are...

4. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Probably never, and hopefully never. FFVII is good but it isn't deserving enough to have it's own remake, and FFVIII sucks ***.

I hope Square ends the franchise somewhere near the future, maybe like after FFXII, everything they pump out nowadays are just plain mediocre.

5. Shenlong

Shenlong New Member

I haven't heard of a FFVII or a FFVIII game remake. I have heard of a movie that is sorta a continuation of FFVII. Its called Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children for those who didn't know. Its not going to be feature-length. Its coming out in Japan pretty soon. No plans for the shift to America yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Official Site for Advent Children: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

Site Where A Trailer of the Movie Can Be Found: http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_finalfantasy7_ac_2.html

EDIT: Crap, there's a thread about this already. Apologies. :sweat2:

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Actually, if Square-Enix goes the same way as Wild ARMs and WildARMS Alter Code: F, then I can see major importance.

If they drastically change the materia system (which people would hate) or the level-gaining system (which people would still hate) or include more in-depth easily accessible information to the backgrounds of the story (which people would probably STILL hate), then I'd say it's a big difference.

However, "real" Square fans get mad at every little change to their precious "Final Fantasy", so it's really no big deal

Fans always gripe about the change, yet Square-Enix tries to keep it as new...yet old school as possible.

Ever wonder why we're not happy? That's probably the reason.