Manga Where do u get MANGA?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by blood_pheonix, Dec 3, 2002.

1. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

Ok. now i have a HUGE problem. I live in australia. why is that a problem? well ill tell u. this is the place u come to get away from anime and manga. this is like, a no-go zone for anime and manga. then there is the occational series. like, the only reason i joined this site is because i have watched a few dvds and stuff of anime. yeah.
    so i wanna know where to get Manga comics from. they dont sell them in shops around here, and if they do they are, like 30 dollars an issue (eqal to around 15-20 dollars us)
    note:
    i dont want to read ones off websites and stuff
    i dont have a credit card, so i cannot buy it off the net
    even if i do buy it off the net, it will cost more for shipping, and it might be in another language
    so plz help

2. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

You can get some manga at places like Barns and Noble.

3. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

I have the same prob as him, exactly. I live in a little bumfeck town where no one but maybe....6 people actually appreciate the true beauty of that which we call anime. So, any suggestions would be good? Maybe I'll try chapters...which is TWO HOURS AWAY.......garrrrrrrgh. *dies*:dizzy2:

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Oh ye of little faith blood_pheonix. I have ordered online for quite a while, and I've never been disappointed when doing anime/manga. Granted, I've never done manga yet, but I have yet to be mucked up on with anime. I've only been disappointed with personal sellers. But, that's another matter altogether.

IF you have a Barnes & Noble, as Odango said, then you should have a small section devoted to just manga. It's under the kiddie section.

IF there is a Borders, then there should be one there too.

And yeah, it MIGHT be expensive, they're republished here and they cost about 9.99 each from TokyoPOP. So...a 5 dollar diff is pretty high, but I'd have expected that.

As for me, I go to the aformentioned stores, Barnes & Noble and Borders Bookstore. But, if I really have to get something that I know I won't find at those places, or if I'm near the college, then I just go to Orbit^2...which is the anime place right across the street. (Drools thinking about the Ranma ½ manga collection...)

5. Stos

Stos New Member

Right now I am very lucky that my library has them and I can read them for free. But if I was going to buy some I would just go to a suncoast store which is loacated for me in Clackamas Town Center in Portland (Oregon, USA). They also have a site www.suncoast.com but not sure if they have them right now cus they are in the middle of updating their site. I would also recommend is www.animenation.com just click on the books section and go to domestic manga for the english translated books.

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I get my mangas from two online stores.
    Animenation and Archonia.
    I too have no credit card so I pay by mail in check/moneyorder or band deposit...

7. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

I'm going to sound incredibly stupid but.....YOU CAN DO THAT??!?! ohh, dude, when I get money....can I ask you questions if I get lost?!? I hope so. *hands Skuld a lolly*:)

8. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

Im gonna sound even more stupid, but do u just stuff money in an envalope and send it away? is that wat u mean by moneyorder?:confused: :confused: :confused:

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Go to a bank, or some place that says they make money orders. Give 'em the amount, and the cash, and they'll process it into a form so you can send it in an envelope.

10. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

do u have to have a bank account? cause if u do, i dont have one.

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it depends on the bank. some require an account, some don't. you just need to ask around. i get manga thru the bookstores around here:barnes & nobles(mainly cause i worked there and you can get most stuff in a week *^-^*) tho, suncoast carries manga now too, so is cheaper for me..tho, it's just the tokyopop stuff. for actual raw manga, online stores...sasuga books is a place my bf goes to.(i think that's how it's spelled...)

12. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

You might want to check out a couple stores around your area for money orders if the banks require a account. I get mine from a liquor store down the street.

13. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

i dont even think they sell manga in this part of England where i live!

14. Chi

Chi New Member

Credis cards are good. Now if I can just get a job so I can money on my debit/credit card I'll be happpy.

15. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I Live in a suburb from Stockholm so i can get any kinds of Manga/Anime stuff i want :D. ...But try some internet shops like Ebay or something...

I SAW THIS SPECIAL EDITION BELLDANDY ACTION FIGURE FROM THE MOVIE AND ITS COSTS 560KR! (70$) GARRRRGGGGGGHHH :dizzy:

16. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I get every thing at LA, my second home. Actually it's where I was born.:) I get every thing at I mall at Little Tokyo.

17. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

aha

:glazed:
    well, i guess im lucky. i have like a 4 foot high stack of manga, all from borders and barnes and noble. 95% of it is, of course, ranma. the best stuff. i feel bad for all those people who cant get any.
    i cant find a sad face thing
    :(
    there

18. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

i am at sydney at the moment.
    i was walking through china town and i saw this shop.
    i went in and "halelooya"
    there, was a section all for manga!!!
    im like yes yes yes!!!
    and even better, for once in my life a had a decent amount of money ($70(about $40us))
    i am then about to buy, like, 50 (they sold them cheap) then i realised they where all in chinese. ARRRRRR!!!!:mad:
    (i am chinese, but i cant read chinese. i know. i am ashamed)

19. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

LOL, don't be BP. I'm part hispanic and don't even wanna start to learn spanish. :sweat:

20. kyrie

kyrie New Member

Sources

Sam Goody, Media Play, Walden Books....most of those book/music type stores. I have an aussi friend who got tons of it when she was in Australia...I think she ordered hers online though so i guess that doesn't help...

Ja Ne,
    Chi-rushi