Manga Where do u get MANGA?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by blood_pheonix, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Sci Fi Book store, Staffars Comics, Hot Shop, Press Stop...etc etc...

Stockholm has alot of Manga stuff....I'm gonna buy all the Oh! My Goddess TPB (Trade paper backs) own 3 already ^_^

lol, blood_phoenix, i know how you feel...i'm a chinese too, can't read chinese "that good" :sweat:

2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

If you really dont wanna buy or order you can get Manga Scans. They are cool. They scan each and every page of a manga and put that on an internet page where you can download. Or also if you just wanna read and not see the images you can get manga transcripts. I read both. They're fast and easy to download.

3. kanashimi

kanashimi New Member

I get all of my manga from WaldenBooks...I save up my lunch money to buy them. Sadly, I have a meager collection of about 20...One of the workers at the store is a huge anime fane, and he's the only reason they have like, three bookshelves of manga...Thank you Tokyopop! I wish I could read japanese, but that'll take me years...so translations work. yay

4. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

I get them in Japanese from Kinokuniya (from friends who live in the LA area).

5. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I've gotten 2 volumes of manga from friends who live in LA, a stack of 16 straight from japan, and another 10 english language editions that I kinda wish I hadn't gotten now that I'm addicted to translation...

oh yeah, I got them from a site called acclimate solution (aclimatesolution.com)

-UK

6. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

lol, Kogarashi that's the exact place I go for my manga's ofcourse in Japanese. Or I go wandering around for other book stores that sell manga in Japanese.

7. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I buy my manga at Borders and Suncoast.

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Hey, is there a place online were you can buy them in sets and save money (rather than buying one buy one)?

9. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

possibly. You could try AnimeGamers (www.animegamers.com), or Sasuga Books (don't remember the url, so look it up in a search engine). Kinokuniya has a website too, but it's in Japanese.

10. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

You can get a money order from a lot of places, not just banks.

Last time I had to get a money order, I just went to the local grocery store and bought one there.

You might also look into getting a debit card from your bank for your checking account. They work like a credit card, and can be used for anything you'd use a credit card for, but they draw out of your checking funds rather than placing you into debt. I've had one for a few years and really love it, it's very convienient.

- Ark