Saber Marionette Which Character from Saber Marionette J is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Jun 15, 2004.

?

Who is your favorite character from Saber Marionette J?

1. Otaru

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Lime

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Cherry

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. Bloodberry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Faust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tiger

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  7. Luchs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Panther

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Lorelei

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. Hanagata

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I just found this little tidbit.

Q: Who's your favorite SABER MARIONETTE?

KT: Tiger. She is based on an original character I designed long ago for another project. I like her the best. And the hardest to draw is Lime.

KT is Kotobuki Tsukasa

Also:

Q: How do you come up with character designs?

KT: Whoever I'm working for has an archetype already established. I draw several different designs based on that and we discuss them and choose a set of designs.

It makes you wonder how they could have looked, if the creators had chosen a different design sketch.

Source

2. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I can't believe I didn't post here earlier, I'm sure I said something similare before. Well,

Don't you know already?

Mochiron! Cherry

Time writting this: Like an hour :p

3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Maybe I said this earlier, but oh well! Nothing like a fresh thread to share our feelings! ^_^

I like both Lime and Lorelei a lot. Because I identify myself with Lime... i'd say we have kinda the same... feelings... (I'm hyperactive, distracted, very sensitive... well this is the very deep inner me, i don't share that a lot... fear of rejection maybe? :confused: Well actually i have many different aspects of myself, but deep inside I feel like Lime... feels kinda fragile if you ask). Anyway my favorite character so far is Lorelei. Ironically, not because of the series, but because of my fanfics. Maybe she's not the same Lorelei that in the series (or is she?), but I like overall her... motherhood. Her matureness, the way she (in my fic) treats the girls... she's ... special. Too bad she appeared in very few episodes, even to be considered a minor character. Maybe I like her because she can be the mother that Lime never had... who knows...

(Offtopic: Oh, the series have so much potential.... what happened to the fanfic writers out there? No contestants in the 2004-2005 fanfic contest. Do I have to declare it deserted? *cries* )

4. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

cherry of cource! when it comes down to it no one beats good ol smart cute funlovin caring cherry! shes the best! who wouldnt wanna gal like cherry? ^_^

(O BTW anyone know of any new or...newish cherry fan sites?)

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

* denotes thought

YAY, another Cherry fan!

*wait, it says, 'original.' And her location is Calgary. That can't be right. Cherry lives in Edmonton. Oh well.

Right, well, anyway. I'll be honest. I've said it before, but I believe it deserves repeating. Cherry is my favorite character. I love Cherry. She's perfect in every way. Her voice actor, Shiratori Yuri, did such a great job with Cherry's voice. She sounds so beautiful, so sweet, that I couldn't help but be captivated by it. Although, her voices in the English dubs aren't that great.

In J, she sounded too old, and her voice just... didn't have that 'kawaii' part to it. In J, it's a female voice. But that's it. Nothing special. J Again was okay. Ruby Marlowe did a pretty good job with her voice. But 'pretty good' isn't good enough for her. Cherry deserves perfect. Shiratori Yuri delivers that.

And, for J to X. I know that a voice actor named 'Kendra Masonchuk' did Cherry's voice in J to X, and that she did a tremendously... awful job at it. In J to X, the voice actor made her sound totally emotionless. Like she was reading a script, without caring for the character. I think that whoever picked the VAs for J to X could have done a FAR better job. J to X had by far the worst English dubbing of the three.

And that's the thing about VAs, though. Some of them seem to tend to refer to themselves as the characters they play. Crispin Freeman did it with Zelgadis (Slayers). Cynthia Martinez did the same with Lina (same series). I wonder, heh, if you do the same, 'originalcherry,' since you say you are a VA.

But, ehh, that's enough of my ranting. I don't want to make a new user feel threatened. Especially since I try to be the 'helpful' guy. Newbie, if you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to PM me, or one of the mods or admins. We'll all be glad to help. (BTW, your sig, while very kawaii, is too large. The limit is 300x125 pixels)

As for your last question, you've come to the right place. This forum is called home by the "Cherry Fanclub." A group that I am a founding member of. Along with Jedimdo and Wertitis, we started the club, and since then, 'Black Robed One' (who has, sadly, left BJP) and 'SaberJ2X' have joined. You can find a link to our webpage, managed by Webmaster Jedimdo, in my sig. I hope you enjoy it, and your time at Boards.jp.

6. Cherrygirl

*snrk* no im not gunna claim to BE cherry i r just plain ol me ^_^

thanx for the site! w00t

7. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Why my favorite character is the third Buddhist monk that appears in one of the X'ian episodes of J to X.

What?

~ AOI

8. Hoshi-kun

Hoshi-kun New Member

Oh, this is a really tough one. I like all the characters, but I find myself liking Cherry the most. She is generous, sweet, and, overall, a great housewife, but she has a tactful and temperamental side to balance her character out perfectly ^_^. She also has one of the best seiyuu voicing her so that’s always a plus. I may like Cherry the most, but Otaru reminds me a lot of myself. I voted for Otaru because I identify better with him and he doesn't get enough fan-love. In my opinion, he's one of the best shounen anime/manga protagonists out there.

9. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Ugh. Can't believe it took me forever to post here. Sigh.

Back to the query, I'd most especially vote for Cherry. Simply because she's the most prim, mild and ladylike of all. Not to mention I could relate with the petite thingy. Eh. Enough of height talks. Anyway, I always loved her reactions. Too cute. And of course, her voice. All compliments to Cherry's direction.

10. Cherrygirl

kudos to you! :D *claps*