Celebrations World Youth Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by That guy!, Jul 29, 2002.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

YOU ARE THE SALT OF THE EARTH AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!

Okay, yup I'm a bit insane, and tired and passing out on the keyboard right now. But I thought that M2A should be like the first people I should tell about the trip. It was awesome!!! the first day we were in a field and I was almost passing out >< But I met people from Spain, England, Australia, and shared lunch with Columbians (thankfully Megz knew how to speak Spanish ;)). But one of the greatest part of it was when I proposed to Chibi Meg and she said YES! :D I just felt like I was called to propose her on Wednesday becase we had a huge speech about calls to Marriage and true love and Megan and I feel that way for one another. On a strange note, my group that I went to WYD with had like 150 people and we all had to share 2 showers, and a hose... but I ended up being a hoser a few times. AND I WAS 6 FEET FROM THE POPE AND GOT PICTURES OF HIM!!! and he was going by on his Pope-mobile, and the mass by him was excellent as well (best mass ever. That I've been to anyways ^^) It was kind of bad falling asleep at 1:00 and being waken up at 6:10 by rain pouring on me >< but I guess it was a wake up call for everyone :p The rain cleared for the mass though. Oh and there were tonnes of nationalities and religions and people there! I sort of went around to people with friends and asked them how to say "do you speak English?", I remember that in Vietnamese it is "Ban Coh Bui Tin Ai Couhn" (or something that way... didn't get the spelling). And I met Otaku as well, there was one guy with a DBZ shirt with Goku SSJ3 and the guy was like "what have you seen!" and I told him Neon Genesis Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin(stuff he may know...) and then I was pulled away by my group who were looking for something. I wanted to run on the computers there (there was a lobby to check your e-mail and stuff) to post a message saying "yo" when I was there but my group never headed that way (oi).

Well I have a tonne to say and little energy(because I've slept like 8 hours in the past week and walked like 200 km at least :p) BUT IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never felt so much love ever before from God and everyone in my life! Sorry if it's forbidden to talk about religion stuff on here anymore but I wanted to announce everything to everyone.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well! didn't you have a trip. *^-^* let me be the first in this thread to congrate you 2 on your engagment.*^-^*

3. YokoburiKinura

Now that sounds like a really exciting time. Congratulations on your engagment, too!

4. That guy!

Arigatou minna san :) *hugz0r* I thought that one of the best talks was by Jean Vanier, who is a Philosopher who runs a place called L'Arche where people with handicaps are taken care of and helped and educated, etc. And hearing JP2 speak was great too, but I couldn't understand him as much on thursday... but I could see that he had a lot more energy on Saturday and Sunday. OroOo, I'm really not used to air conditioning now though and I have a bad cold because of it :p

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

:D Congratulation that guy and ;) mrs.That guy!

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

You can talk about religion all you want man.. WHy because ill have something to say to anyone who says otherwise!!! ^_^!@

I think the Idea of world youth day is a great idea.. its Almost like the olympics.. Minus the sporting events.. Now as far as seeing the pope.. well to me he is just an old man who is past his glory. But its was very peaceful event wich makes it a great success..

KAME

7. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Wow Guy.....I thought that the M word was not gonna happen for a while....but <hugz> good for you guy....I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU BROTHER!!!

8. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I saw him on TV...

Today was the canonization mass for Juan Diego. But yesterday night i could see the poor old man getting up for the national anthem. This really moved me.

I don't know what to think... On one hand i wish he could rest... and on the other i see him and say what courage...

Now there's a man with convictions. This gives me strength to go on with my life in the sad times... *sigh*

9. Naru

Naru New Member

Hey That guy!

Im so happy for you I cant write much short for time....I really wanted to go to that. I regret not going, but ya i agree the stuff that pope manages to do.its amazing..That should be in the Guiness Book of Records!

10. That guy!

THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!! *hugz*

Well I'm back again I guess, this time my modem died because of a thunderstorm so I had to get a new one(and I've been a bit depressed because I miss you all!). But I have been working on making a website to put my journal and pictures up from World Youth Day.

It's so awesome how much energy the Pope has right now to travel to so many places. He seems to be getting worn out, but God is giving him strength :)

11. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

Congratulations on your engagment That guy..
    sorry for being late..

12. Hikaru

Hikaru New Member

LOL!

Congrats from me as well!

13. luvweaver

Oops! Forgot - congrats for the engagement from here, too!

:) When's the wedding?

14. That guy!

I remember when I told my parents, hehe... they told me that they do approve of course, but they don't think that we are ready for engagement quite yet... but more of a betrothement. Which I think is the same thing really. But Megz and I are going to wait until after University and until we have settled down in life with a job and everything. This may be like 6 years from now, but time matters not her and I believe, Love is beyond time.

15. luvweaver

So, how will your new nicknames be?

That guy! and That Meg! ?

Or Chibi Meg and That chibi! ?

Or perhaps Chibi guy! ?

:p

16. That guy!

Well "That girl!" has already been taken :p
    I sort of think that she was scared away though, because Musashi thought that she was Meg, and he sent this huge PM saying "I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!"... and yeah @_@x

But I think that we'll keep our nicknames the way they are now though ^.^x Well she can change hers if she wants to though ;) LOL... in the future, when M2A is like a mass of different message boards(or like the hugest site on the internet) I'll be sure to tell out kids about it ^^

17. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Change it! That girl wont come, so your girl could change her nickname to that girl, cuz that girl wont mind. If she came back and argued about it, we'll deal with it later! ^.^
    So...
    Change it!
    Change it!
    Change it!

18. Naru

Naru New Member

WOW! I thought your parents would not approve! it sounds like me and Musashi, but not engaged you know? Good luck for your future!

19. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Shhhhhhhhhh. They shouldn't know about us!!! ;) lol

20. Naru

Naru New Member

:p SOOOO It doesnt matter....not a lot of people would see this post...its not like were actually engaged sheesh! :rolleyes: