Video Games WoW! Flying Mounts!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Oh yeah, yet another reason to score the expansion. Seems like the grind from 60 to 70 is going to be even worse than 50 to 60. I hope the new zones are going to help allieviate that. I know they're going to add the Draeni, Blood Elves, the (Allies are going to be able to have Shamans as a result and It seems like the horde's finally going to get some Pallies), a ton of new zones and instances, world wide battle grounds as well as something about combining the BGs from different servers together, i.e. Dalaran goons can BG with ppl on Dalvengyr, ect, removing much of the wait time between battle ground queues. What else is on the horizon?

~W

3. Fudge_Monkeys

Man. It took me 3 years to get to level 60...
    =P i dont play too often
    If 60-70 is like 1-60 i really and going to be pissed =O

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Jewelcrafting tradeskill, slotted items ala Diablo 2, new dungeons (one of which is previewed as having both 20 and 40 man wings)... more of the same, but beefier.

The cross-server battlegrounds and world pvp areas are not part of the expansion - you'll see them both next patch alongside the Rogue class review.

I'd like to see a source for the paladin/shaman thing. I don't see it fitting in.

5. Fudge_Monkeys

Well It Makes Sense You know why?
    Blood Elves who use to be Alliance Should be able to be pallys
    Draene I cant See them being Shamans Sorry

6. wertitis

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

btw, if you watched the video to the end, you'd know there are quests youc an do to get different mounts. so you don't have to pay for them if you want one per se.

wert, on the burning crusade site, there's all the details of what's to come so far. ^^

caverns of time was officially announced recently too.

nice to see the skeleton in outlands got some armor on too. heh. he's huge.

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I think the fling mounts are a joke.

But it would be cool.

So will get back to playing this once it comes out.

9. Fudge_Monkeys

I think Blizz is serious one thing is.. Flying mounts are only allowed in Outland or Outworld forgot what its called
    The Outworld is made for flying mounts but the world outside of outworld isnt

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

Outland is the only place you will be able to use flying mounts. the world and some of the instances will require them to get from place to place. if you aren't 70, from what i understand, stay away from Outlands.

the only real rumor i've heard about there that has never been answered is that, in theory, Outlands is supposedly a PvP zone, reguardless of server...

which is annoying if you don't play on a pvp server because you don't want to pvp...

flying mounts are nothing new. in beta, Druids had a storm crow (instead of normal travel form) they could turn into, not a true flying mount, but they've played with it before.

and i think the videos and all being up on the official site should tell you they're serious. flying mounts aren't anything really new to anyone watching the burning crusade stuff. them revealing what the mounts will be and look like, is new however.

-----

btw basher, your sig...aren't there only the 2 of us from north dakota? o_O;...
    i don't have an anger problem...>.> err...that i express on the boards anyways...

11. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Other RL buddy of WoW actually said this was true.

Rats my BF lies.

Now I can't wait. But I doubt I will ever be able to fly a mount.

---

I believe there is just us, BB. I believe Sphinx was refering to how to the point we can be. I found it funny and added it to my sig. heh

12. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

I think theyd be cooler if you could use them out of Outland but I want to buy the expantion regardless. How about that Dranei Shaman and Bloodelf Palladin. Thats just crazy cool awsome

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

outland has masses of ground flying in the "air", so flying mounts are needed. there is nothing in azaroth that you would need them for, other that trying to get to areas that blizzard doesn't want you to see. like, north of strath, is a sudden drop and a large flat expanse where texture colors are kind of played with. there area actually alot of areas like that, that are just barely past eye sight. they're called "eye sores" or unfinished areas, because they're just filler areas. the world would look ugly if you could just fly over them. (get Yatlas and look around the actual minimaps, south of ZG is a good area for messed up texturing. zone heights vary insanely too, and mountains cover that up.

and then there's people that try to get to areas like, say, Hyjal, which is instanced off. (via a raid instance and a gate.) you can't fly over it, they don't even have flight paths that get you close enough to see the tree in the slightest.

and flying mounts in azeroth would just be stupid to boot. and would kind of cheapen the feel of them.

---------

ahhh ok basher. hehe i see and understand >.> so true, sometimes. heh

14. wertitis

You guys are missing out on one of the COOLEST things coming with that expansion- The Caverns of Time. You're going to be able to go back and replay some of the baddest moments in World of Warcraft history from the point of view of a regular ground unit.

Come on, doesn't being able to run the Battle of the World Tree as an instance at least make you a little excited. So much cool stuff on the way.

~W

15. Fudge_Monkeys

Hmmm IT does But i was wondering.. At the battle of the world tree i wonder if we get to play with horde players eh eh :D

16. wertitis

HA! If It's anything like when AQ finally opens up on a given realm it'll be the alliance fighting alongside the horde, with about equal number from both sides completely ignoring the common enemy and ganking whomever's flagged for PvP on the opposite faction.

But hey, Welcome to PvP.

~W

17. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

aliance and horde together eh? I bet some one would end up killing a horde player or vise versa but how could they communitcate orcish and gnomeish are the same you know :p maybe im dumb and dont know what I'm saying most likely yes but who knows

P.S. Off to play WoW for real so stop posting :p

18. Fudge_Monkeys

Yoooouuu Knoooww
    I Think you can learn languages som where in IF Not sure where i havent looked il do some research on that

19. Chane

Chane Audience of One

No. You can't.