Recreation Yes, there is a chatroom.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by User18, Jan 1, 2006.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

IRC is not dead.. Its NOT the thing of the past.. For those of you who don't use it its because its oldschool.. and For an Old program it still runs better then MSN, AIM or any of the other things..

Why did the chat die out.. Because a lot of the core users who were the core users of this Site left that Chatroom..

But come on back.. bring some new life..

2. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Chatrooms are the friggen best XD:D

3. Orion

Orion Gears

I know, I was just kidding. I think I pulled a Stewie Griffin there. :p

That's what some people use it for. :rolleyes: Others use it to converse with their fellow members of BJP, right guys? Right? Huh? :p

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

On MSN. :p Seriously, AIM is garbage.

KaMe, do tell, what makes the chat better than a group convo on MSN?

5. Orion

Orion Gears

Then how come you're always on AIM and answer me, but don't answer me on YIM? Mr. "I'm Almost Never on AIM and Always on YIM". :p

The best part of a chat on BJP? Knowing that somehow, someway, you ARE being watched. :rolleyes:

6. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I don't use any of them the last time I used one was MSN messenger and that was a year ago!:p

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Because you never message me on YIM except when I'm at work or asleep. :p

Anyway, in terms of quality, it's YIM > MSN > AIM. Skype I avoid like the plague because I hate talking. :p

Back on the topic, I used to idle in the BJP chatroom, but at some point I just... stopped. I did remember coming on to see a few interesting chats between Teddz and Izzy, and once or twice I joined in a couple, but it really is easier to start a group chat on an IM program. Because you don't have to wait for people to join, you can invite whoever's already online, and have lots of fun.

Just ask Tohno. ;) (Or me, if you want to read the chatlog :p)

That's not to say there's anything wrong with chatrooms, it's just not as attractive to me as a simple IM program.

8. Orion

Orion Gears

Well then wake up. Duh. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna stay away from the BJP chat room for a while, I may jump in once in a while, but I'm not going to be as addicted to it as I am to having free time. *coughRagnarokcough* ;)

9. Reisti Skalchaste

I haven't been to BJP chat in months, what are you talking about? o_O

And no, I'm not going to wake up to talk to you when I have work the next day. :p

10. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I don't even bother you any more Ragnarok...that needs to change...considering I don't have aim anymore..

I was just in the Chat room but..i accidentaly exited out and now it won't let me back in -_-;

11. Orion

Orion Gears

Aw come on, you know I'm interesting. Everyone loves me. :) Uh, actually, some people *may* not like me. I don't think that many people have been on BJP chat in a long while. Did it kinda just, fade away?

12. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I think I went in the chatroom a few times last year because somebody asked me to, but once they'd left there was nobody talking for awhiiiiile =__=.... Iunno, I'm like (almost) everyone else here, I prefer messengers. And I'm always online and looking for new people to talk to, so talk away =)

Although if I heard that more people were visiting the chat, I might go in... maybe....

13. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Mostly what I think people do is when they first turn on their computer, they start their Messengers. So it's much faster than having to go on BJP, and loading the actual chat.

I guess Messengers are just easier and more reliable than the chat. But I dunno, I'll give it a go soon.

-Seishin

14. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

HAH! I was just there! DEAD! IT WAS DEAD! There was no one in there. Whereas if I scroll on over to AIM or MSN there's at least one or two BJP goons there.

Huzzah!

~W

15. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

of course its dead right now.. thats why this thread was made.. to REpopulate the thing..

group chats like msn are only good for those on your list.. While on IRC people who are not on your list can come and chat.. its far easier to meet and talk to new people over irc then it ever will be on msn, or the other programs.. Hell all i do is turn irc on.. log into the normal chat rooms.. if no one is there i just minimize the damn thing and periodically open it.. If something is important is going on normaly i have at least one other person in that chat who is on my msn yell at me and say.. HEY get into the chat.. Simple as one 2 3...

16. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I went to the chat room before...maybe 1 or 2 people if I was lucky...:p

17. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

if people come and just leave then the chat will always be dead.. if you join and just min and run idle then eventualy people will see others on and stick around..

that what you did with MSN.. same principle

18. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

It's been a while since I've idled in the chat - I was there the other day. I do remember when there was at least 15 members there at a time, all the time, and we used to slap each other with trouts... *Grins*

Although I'm guilty of neglecting our chat, I'd just like to point out that the chatroom was booming /after/ Messengers were invented. Y'know. Nothing's really changed other than the chat activity.

2 people like this.
  19. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Chatrooms are fun.. especially when you go into, say, a pepsi channel and talk about how much you love coca cola. Or even an anti-semite channel and start conversing with a bunch of your friends about how great of a movie Prince of Egypt is.

Once I get back to my computer in res I'll drop in the chatroom, after I install Mirc. What's another program running in the background anyways, right?

1 person likes this.