Art your vision of you

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bloodberry, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

have you ever done a self portrait ? or one of someone else that was really neat? if it's ok, i say post it up*^-^* i just need a new scanner and then can get my serious one up.*^-^* am also slowly doing on at work of a cover...*^_-*

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I have a self pic I did of myself in anime style about 2 to 3 years ago now.. but dont have it scaned!

if i get it scan ill post it!

KaMe

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I have a self-portrait I had to paint on masonite for first year studio art. I'll see if I can find it.. probably in Chatham.. then get it scanned. its kind of heavy.. so I can only hope it won't cave my scanner in..;)

4. Chibi Meg

Chibi Meg New Member

I have a couple sketches anime style but most of them are of me and Robbie - oro but no scanner at the moment >.<

5. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I have drawn a picture of me in anime style but it's really bad and old. I look anorexicly skinney in it.:p

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hosanna Heysanna Sanna Sanna Ho

I have a few of Megan and I together ;) I can't say I have a scanner though, and I gave them to her ^.^ I'm told by people that I look like Vash the Stampede though...

7. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Oh, I'm drawing one of myself in anime form ^.~

8. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I made a chibi of myself as GataFairy and of myself as me, but only the head and hands. (Because I suck at bodies in general ^^) I'm gonna pester my friend to scan it for me b/c it's this whole scene... ^^;; For my b-day! ^^

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

in theorymy bf's scanner died...and he keeps forgetting to take it home to fix...looks like we all have no scanners for the most part...(course, i'm prlly just making another assumption that's gonna be made fun of too...)

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

umm here's one pic. I did it in silverpoint. well, it is me. when I was lil :)

Attached Files:

11. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Wow Seraphim! That's awesome! I never drew a self-potrait.. hmm maybe I should :D...

12. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

My advice is to do it from a photo, rather than doing it in front of a mirror. Apart from the fact that your face, the angle you're holding it at, and the lighting all change, the perspective and scale seem to be harder to judge too(or is it just me?).
    I would post my atempt, but my scanner can't handle pencil too well.

13. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Seraphim!! I love your self-portrait! So realistic, and the details in the hair are great~! *___*

Hmmm, I've never really done a real self-portrait. I did a few anime ones with...exagerations...like these two:

http://www.rydia.net/kathy/stuffs/kathy_i.jpg
    http://www.rydia.net/kathy/stuffs/kathy_f.jpg

Yeah, I mean...I don't really have a blue horn *sweatdrop*. And I'm fatter and my hair is a bit shorter and stuff. But I guess they're the closest I've got XD.

And...eeps! I really wish I could see all your self-portraits. It seems like so many people have scanner problems! Good luck getting them fixed / new one T_T!

14. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

aww those are cute kathy i like the colors good choices

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Kathy, your computer art is awesome and kawaii! :)

its best to draw from photos, since its a self-portrait. If its from life, then it gets tricky unless you are drawing someone else. Drawing people is fun. Watch your friends suffer as you draw ever so slowly... their noses, watch them twitch mwa ha ha! :p

I once drew myself looking in the mirror. considering my position changed every time I bent my head down to see what I was drawing. the result was a monster that I ripped up or threw into the void which is called underneath my bed.

16. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I know the feeling. I got the eyes and nose alright, but the rest looks deformed. And not Super Deformed.
    My scanner has ceased to work completely, so I guess I won't be posting any of my pics here any time soon. Ah, well.

17. Chibi Meg

Chibi Meg New Member

ohhh I like everyones pics and the Chibi of you Kathy - kawaii!!!! :):) >.< I wish I had a scanner so I could scan some of the more embarassing one's I've done of Rob lol :shy2:

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hehehe you mean the ones on Rob's closet door in his bedroom? or are those of you. I didn't delve too far into his room. Its quite scary in there.:dizzy2:

19. Chibi Meg

Chibi Meg New Member

lol the ones on his door ;) my personal fav's being the Chibi ones lol (there are some of him, some of me and some of both os us ;) )

20. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

once i can figure the scanner's problem out(it's still being annoying..and we had to format the laptop due to the mouse and the eexternal hd not likeing each other...formatted 7 times!!) but did the mirror thing...my arm went numb from my leaning on it