Manga Ring Project A story fer M2A Manga ring

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Suzu, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Chpter 1

Beautiful Koge ^_^!!! VERY Well done!..
    Now we need to break it down to a manga script "Dialogue", as UFOtaku said. Now the Manga layout designers can start drawing the layout and everything.

Onward to chpt 2...

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I'll work on the character profiles and the manga layout. You guys can start on chpt 2. I don't mind if u like to take a break since skool is starting. :)

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Is it to late to join in? I am game to help out if you guys will let me. Man I should have checked this thread earlier. If no one has started to break it down I could start on it. Let me know.
    B19

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Sure you can join Basher19! ^_^ Are you still willing to join though?

5. Basher

Yeah I am. Sorry about the late post. I finally finished my second job. So I have more free time. Has anyone started to break this up into Manga form yet? I was reading it and there is a lot of detail which I like. It maybe a little hard to break it up but the artist can do a good job with it. Has the second one started yet?

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Good... Blue Crow said he'd work on the second epi/chpt if u pm him and ask him if he's still willing to do chpt 2.

*Puts on head band*
    COME ON PPL! Don't forget Character and plot development. WE need bad guys! A mob! PPL who want to create chaos! We need to plan a plot! SO what Lugata's turned her husband into a seed demon and then he takes over minato's body to cause mischief...
    Is lugata's husband evil? Good? Normal? Is he a victim or the anagonist? Can we have an evil mob after him? Does lugata love her husband? etc...

PUT SOME CREATIVITY IN THE MIX! NO BOUNDARIES! :D

7. Basher

I PMed BC about the 2nd chapter and asked him to post it here if he started it. Okay. I guess Lets start on ideas for the second unless it has already been done. If it has just ignore it.

My thoughts

• After he opens the door. He is greeted by a friendly waitress. He has a seat for one and orders the buffet. He walks to the buffet and grabs a plate. He moves down the line add stuff to plate. But his mouth waters over a piece of sushi. It has a red (or big) spot in it. (This is the seed one). Maybe or maybe not but it will have to be different from the others. He grabs it and puts it on his plate.
    • He sits down and the first thing he eats is the special sushi. He eats the side with the seed on first. He instantly becomes sick. And he runs outside the kitchen door and into the alley. The waitress chases after him thinking he will skip on the bill. He hurls it up. And the waitress asks if he is okay. Lugata's husband is now in control. He says something that makes her slap him. The waitress runs back into the restaurant to get help. So he leaves this area.
    • Lugata's husband strolls around and cannot believe how much (the place they are at) has changed. He hears something that picks up his interest. He goes to investigate. This is where bad guys come in.

Lugata's husband should be a womanizer. Devilish and sneaky. God of something.

Maybe because of his womanizing he went after a powerful mortal’s daughter in feudal Japan it was a disgrace because they barred a child. It brought dishonor on the family and she had to leave. So the father found another woman and these two switched places. That could have been Lugata's last straw with him but it was not known to any of the other gods and unknown to the legend also. Having children with mortals are not allowed. And the child would have been killed. So she hid it away to live a normal life. Minato could be the long lost great great grandchild. The reason why Minato was so drawn to it was because Lugata husband would be his grandfather a few generations back. :D

Okay about the thing Lugata husband/Minato went to investigate had to be a gang that aroused from this powerful mortal. A classmate could be the son of the leader of the gang and he knows all about what really happened. He notices the change in Minato and puts two and two together. Maybe even a rival and he likes Minatos girlfriend. Maybe a pass ex? At first he didn’t believe it was him. So he…

Okay I will end it there. Tell me what you think. If it has already been started then ignore this post.

We can add in that he went home before 6 pm and a conversation or a dream happens and it tells him a god (or whatever) takes over his body from 12 pm to 6 pm. So at school at 12 pm he becomes sick and...
    B19

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Shall we revive this project?
    Basher19 do you still have 2nd chapter? It a long time I know since I posted here. Anyways, I'm willing to start over again.

9. Basher

So am I. I think Blue Crow was supposed to have it.

10. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

hm, forgot all about this. :) Hi guys.

...It seems I'm back for a bit. If you'd like more help with this, I'm up for it.

11. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I wasn't around when this project first started out, but if you need any extra writers, I'm definitely interested in helping out. Sounds like fun :)

12. Basher

I think we need to see who is up to starting again. Is it just us four?

13. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I did not get any reply from Blue Crow. Anyways, so it seem like it just us four.

New Staff
    Suzu
    Basher19
    k0gepan
    Kagome's Arrow

So should we pick up where we left (chpt 1) and start?

14. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

If I may make a small suggestion, you might get more feedback if you advertise on the original m2a manga ring forum, or maybe post an ad for artists on the art forum. I'm not sure we can pull it off with a staff of only four, especially since I can't draw for beans, though I'm assuming at least one of you three can.

But I'm definitely up for it! :)

15. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

i can sketch, i hate inking, i stopped my manga project because i hate to clean up the lines!!

if someone is willing to do it i might help out, sounds like an interesting project :anime:

16. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I don't mind the cleaning and drawing. It is just the story! I wish to have an interesting story developed first, without one this project will cease to be. Once we have a story to begin with then maybe we can call the artists. I'm sure there are lots of them waiting to draw the scenes.

I hope maybe after chpt 3 I'd advertise on the art forum for artist. :) Thanks for the feedback!

17. Basher

Okay Chapter 2. Here we go. On scond thought.

I think we start off with ideas. I think some of you will have to go back and read Chapter 1.

http://www.mangatoanime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5237&page=3

Look for kOgepans post.

I realise we have yet to tell the story how Lugata's husband/boyfriend becomes the seed.

I like what Suzu had or some of it. I think it will draw people in. What was his name?

My thoughts on how he became a seed.
    • Lugata's husband/boyfriend is a womanizer. Lugata found out and she wanted to do away with him before he ran off with one of his woman. She made the food to turn him into a seed. She was going to keep him on a jar on a ledge (or some place else.) But his girls found out and there was a struggle. The jar ended up being casted into the river/lake/whatever we decided.

Eveybody else's thoughts?

My thoughts on the next chapter.
    • After he opens the door. He is greeted by a friendly waitress. He has a seat for one and orders the buffet. He walks to the buffet and grabs a plate. He moves down the line add stuff to plate. But his mouth waters over a piece of sushi. It has a red (or big) spot in it. (This is the seed one). Maybe or maybe not but it will have to be different from the others. He grabs it and puts it on his plate.
    • He sits down and the first thing he eats is the special sushi. He eats the side with the seed on first. He instantly becomes sick. And he runs outside the kitchen door and into the alley. The waitress chases after him thinking he will skip on the bill. He hurls it up. And the waitress asks if he is okay. Lugata's husband is now in control. He says something that makes her slap him. The waitress runs back into the restaurant to get help. So he leaves this area.
    • Lugata's husband strolls around and cannot believe how much (the place they are at) has changed. He hears something that picks up his interest. He goes to investigate. This is where bad guys come in.

Yeah they didn't change. LOL No one said naything about them. :(

18. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Lovely! I think it fits well Basher19! I like how it turns out in the restaraunt!:anime: Great JOB! :)
    Sorry about that, actually I wasn't ignoring you ideas. They were the reason that made me want to revive the project. I liked them!

Let's call Lugata's husband Ein for now.

Additional Ideas for chpt 2:
    These are just bits a pieces of the plot floating around in no order. Just some ideas for optional use.

So Minato, now possess by Ein, stumbles on a bullying gang. Is forced to beat them up. His rival happens to be in the scene passing by, and he see this as an opportunity to get closer to Minato's girl friend, because obviously any girl friend would not want her boyfriend to be involved with any gangs and fighting (dunno if this is true hehe :sweat: just an idea)
    Now that minato had beaten up the gang, his rival tells one of the beaten up members of the gang who this guy really is "Minato". SO that they can come back and have their so called "revenge".

Minato is walking in the streets. And he see's some cute ladies, so he start flirting here and there. etc.

A little development on Minato's girlfriend Satomi. Her excuse for not going with minato to the restaruant was that she was thinking of breaking up with minato, but she really loves him as a friend, and does not want to lose him. Minato is not outgoing, and this might be one of the reason's she want to break up with him. She always admired an upperclass man in the Judo club who has loads of girl fans for his outgoing-ness (is that a word?). (He's just a minor character, no character development required for the Sempai)

Now that the news of Minato flirting with girls and fighting gangs has reached Satomi, she starts to reconsider the decision. Why is Minato acting this way? Is it because she lacked something? She doesn't realize that minato is the person she truly loves. He's the only one that she can act normal around and listens to her.

Everyone at school know this rumour about being beating up gangs and flirting with girls, except minato. Minato does not understand what's going one until Ein wakes up in his subconscious mind and communicates with minato! Ein can only take over minato's body at a certain time in the afternoon.

It would be really funny if minato was in class and suddenly he starts arguing outloud with himself(inner Ein). His teacher will ask him to leave.
    "Yesterday was great" - ein
    "Who are you?" -minato
    "yawn...The girls were great!" -ein
    "Girls? Who is this? How? What is this?" - Minato
    Minato slaps himself, somethings is wrong with is brain or the way he's thinking or functioning.
    "You really don know anything do you?Anyways I just wanted you to know that I'm taking over, and partying again tonight! Haha "-ein
    "NOW your listen to me! Who ever you are GET OUT!" Yells Minato out loud
    "An who do you think you are asking to get out Mr.[Gakugawa]? I think you should stand outside in the hall until I finish this lesson!"-Teacher

Ein will tell him about lugata etc etc. And this is where he'd decide to search for lugata. Lugata and Ein's mistress are also on a quest searching for Ein. Some point in time the two will meet Ein.

19. Basher

Loving it, loving it Suzu.

It would work perfectly if Ein (if we use it) told Minato about how it happened.

More thoughts.
    Satomi could hear about what Minato did by a couple of her friends. They run up to her and tell her.

Next day at school the girls Minato flirted with him try and talk to him. Then their boyfriends get mad and he ducks inside the the boys bathroom. He wonders what is going on.

I think it would be interesting if Minato leaned foward while in class and Ein started to talk to him and say Ein in the mirror of a female classmate who was checking herself. He could yell. And then Ein would talk. Then he would slap himself. Class would laugh.

It would work great. Then Ein talk. Minato yells "Shut up." The teacher thinks it was him who Minato told to shut up. Minato has to leave class. End of Chapter 2 with Ein taking over.

Does anyone have any ideas on names? I like Ein. Hmmm Fiore maybe.

20. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Actually, "outable" isn't a word. ^^

I see a lot of talent and discussion being passed around in this thread, yet it is somewhat hard to follow. It's a mixture of actual writing, suggestions, and comments and sometimes difficult to sort out what is being kept and used, and what is just an interesting comment that is noted.

In other words, I'd love to help out with the project some (more in the writing aspect - I like writing humor and/or action fiction), but still unsure of what's going on.

If it's not too much trouble, could I get an up-to-date summation of the story details and what tasks are underway?

1) Characters

There is some nice artwork concepts together, but I think he heart of any story is the characters, their personality, and development. A good character can be a tale in itself. Since this is a group committee effort, I suggest a thread be opened for each major character in order to work out the details - unless of course this has already happened... Do they adhere to a stereotype such as jock or nerd? What do they believe in? Are they open and aggressive, or close-minded and quiet? Basically, what makes them tick, and what goals do they strive for. When the writers have worked out and agreed on the character types it makes writing scenes that much easier to do.

2) Overall Plot

In a simplified form, leaving out the sub-details along the way, what is the base plot of the story? The summary Basher gave me for the News item post would fill this nicely. Is it still a valid overall look at it?

"This Manga is about Minato a shy highschooler. He accidently eats a seed containing the God Ein. Ein takes over his body at certain times of the day and changes Minato into a womanizer. Unfortinately for Minato his girlfriend (Satomi) likes him better while Ein takes over. "

3) Chapter Summary

With those out of the way, a good next step would be to work out the main points of each section of writing. A good, quick listing in point form would suffice.

Example Format:

Chapter 1 - Upset Stomach
    -Minato reads the Legend of Lugata
    -Minato walks home with Satomi
    -Ein is fished from the depths of the sea
    -Minato stumbles into an old Restaurant

4) Working out the panel script

From the summary points, the story is visualized by the writer as it would appear in the final presentation. Visualize what's happening in the scene and what's being said.

Example:

[The page panels resemble and old scroll, aged as they unfold the scripting tale.]

[Large assortment of tempting food, perhaps laid out in a banquet table?]

#1 Caption: Lugata, the food goddess was renowned for her perfected dishes and their perfect taste, sight, and smell.

[Table with a symbol of love upon it - A delicate card with a flower bouquet?]

#2 Caption: While she was much sought after, her heart belonged to a sole demon - an unusually handsome one known as Ein.

[Ein courting a woman, but done in a silohuette so as not to reveal his appearance.]

#3 Caption: However, it was far from a fairy tale ending. Ein was promiscuous and oft courting, despite his union with Lugata.

Anyhow, it doesn't have to be done that way, but I'm suggesting a little more organization than what has happened to this point.

I think that's a great attack plan - unless of course, the story is set in stone and planned out already?

Edit: If it would help to organize things, we could probably set up a subforum in Arts to cater to the group Manga project?