Movies Best non-anime Asain movie you've ever seen

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by WickedThought, Apr 18, 2003.

1. WickedThought

WickedThought New Member

I hold with Legend 2 that was a good one*_*

2. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

What was that about??

3. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

battle royale, or ring would get my vote...

4. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

house on haunted hill
    *shivers* has to be best ever :D

5. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

the korean horror flick 'whispering corridors' is still about the best horror film i've eva seen

6. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Can't decide between BR and Ring.

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Any Jackie chan movies are the best and only asian movies I've seen.

8. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

There are so many good ones since it's hard to compare movies that are in totally different genres.

My favorite action-comedy is probably Shaolin Soccer! It's visually interesting, funny, explosive, and has some nuts CG effects that'll make anime/videogame-lovers go :eek: with hype!

Favorite horror so far (since my brother is constantly buying new ones) would be The Eye, which is Japanese and has a good plot, and lots of spooky stuff! Lots of friends say it's better than Ring.

I can't even remember the names of some of the stuff I've seen, but there is this one Chinese cop-action movie that is so good (the plot/concept is really intricate/clever) that there's gonna be an American remake in a few years or so.

The best Jackie Chan HK-film I've seen was Drunken Master 2 (which I've seen many times, the first time was at a film festival). Best Jet Li HK-film I've seen is New Legend of Shaolin (although it's name was changed in the American release for it...same goes with Drunken Master 2 I think).

And finally, the unanimously most favorite romantic comedy for me, my btother, and his co-workers would have to be "My Sassy Girl" (Yupki Girl)! This is the must-see movie for both guys and girls! Lots of hilarious parts, there are tidbits of Korean social culture, the main actress is really good-looking (probably the most on-demand Korean actress because of her "sassy" role in this movie), and... the main actor is NORMAL-looking (a lil chubby, not too goodlooking) which is COOL cuz all of us normal guys can relate to him! Also, the story is a lil bit complex yet clever and entertaining, the characters are really fun and memorable (my brother's co-workers have already built up jokes and references to the movie when they work!), and if you're one of the many fans of the classical song "Canon In D," the George Winston version is one of the theme songs for this movie! (Canon In D is that really nice classical song that's been redone by many performers, and lots of people even use it as a ringtone on their cellphone). Oh, and it's based on the true experiences written by a Korean guy (it even explains in the movie, sort of, how his writings became a movie).

9. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

THE LEGEND 2 Was THE BEST!! funny with tons of action.

10. negative1

negative1 New Member

i like "Game of Death" one of bruce lee's movies, it's the movie that he fights that old basketball player and he breaks his neck:) gotta love it!

11. Odin

Odin Member

Seraphinx . . . you rock, Shaolin Soccer is so SWEEEET.

I'm also a Jackie Chan buff, though I can't really pick a favorite amongst all of his movies.

One of my top favorite Asian flicks would probably have to be Seven Samurai. Akira Kurasawa is awesome.
    -Odin

12. RedCrow

RedCrow New Member

Legend 2 was good, I'll hold with that one. O yhea.

13. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

Has anyone seen Ringu, the Japanese version of the Ring? I've wanted to see it but I still have yet to rent it. I also want to see the Hana Yori Dango real life movie. (that counts as a non-anime movie right?)

But I've seen Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee movies. Bruce Lee and Jackie can kick some serious butt ^_^

14. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

I saw the Ring (japanese version) I got it off of kazaa and it had pretty good quality. I would suggest getting it there.

15. Snake

Snake Member

Shalion Soccer is a funny movie!!
    i would watch that again and again if the bloody DVD disc hasn't been snapped in half >.<
    i've never heard of Legend 2, i'll check it out =D

over and out

16. Zanth

Zanth New Member

Tossup between Hard Boiled and Seven Samurai. Such different movies, but both awesome in their own.

17. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Oh My..

Uhh....

Battle Royale (japanese), Seven Samurajs (Japanese), Hero (Chinese), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon ( Chinese / Taiwanese ), Happy Times ( Chinese ), My Sassy Girlfriend ( Korean ), The Road Home ( Chinese ).....and the list will go and on and on....

// Teddz [ 100 % Chinese! ]

18. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Ah, this be true. I loved all his movies. But dispite all the cool effects, bizzare fighting and comedy he puts on, I still have to say that The Bruce Lee movies take the top spot in my book.

19. Himura

Himura Guest

ne 1 seen the movie "Endless Love" its a sad:sad: korean movie ive seen its coo

20. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Hey, I'm surprised that some of you watched and liked Shaolin Soccer, yeah that was a funny film. It's a lot more funnier if you understand it (Like me.... Also 100% chinese :D). The new film out called Internal Affairs is really good starring And Lau (singer), it's a gangster film. Won i think 6 or 7 awards including best actor, best director, best film of the year, and many more