Movies Best non-anime Asain movie you've ever seen

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by WickedThought, Apr 18, 2003.

1. psyeudkev

psyeudkev New Member

If you look back through the years, there's a whole lot of Chinese movies for judgment.

I suppose I'll say these few: (no order)

- Seven Samurai (Japan) - Can anyone recommend other Japanese films like these?
    (Chinese) - Hero , Legend of Zu, Storm Riders
    - 'Once Upon A Time in China' series, anyone remember these? Just plain great.

Shaolin Soccer (and *almost anything* by Stepen Chow) is tremendously hilarious.

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I haven't really seen that many asian films but the one's i have seen they were pretty good.

The best were perhaps Ringu 2. Cause it scared the living bejesus out of me (especally that bit in the hotel or inn whatever the place was).

And the other good one was Battle Royale. I'm not sure why it was kind of disturbing but it was still a good movie.

3. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Well, the only non-anime Asian movies I've seen are the Godzilla movies and Onmyoji. The Godzilla movies are unusual, to say the least, especially with their plotlines and whatnot, and there were a few that bored me (namely Vs. Megalon, Jebus, a half-hour long fistfight scene between four guys in costumes who can't move very fast, *snore*), but Onmyoji was awesome. Definitely sweet.

4. jindo

jindo New Member

Return of the Dragon and BRII.