Saber Marionette Can you believe some people?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Dec 30, 2004.

1. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

?Donde estas Sachiko y Señora Aoi? Anyone have any idea where they went off to?

you can still find sachiko on AIM... but I never knew personally Lady Aoi so I can't say for sure

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Sachiko's around. I know though, that, were I in her place, I'd be forgetting about this place most of the time, because I hadn't been here in so long. But, it's probably like BMS said, she probably hasn't found a whole lot she wants to post in yet. Don't worry, I'm sure she'll turn up again.

And, back to the GameFAQs talking about people liking SMJ there. (Wow, horrible grammar)

Topic

4 pages already! Not a single person said they didn't like it. One guy has apparently read the novels! :eek:

3. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Heheh, I know what an active forum is ^_^ just reload it's new posts page and 'wow'

Anyway, I guess that some kind of people go to certain places and other to another places. What do I mean? Well, I don't think that I'll find a George Bush fanclub in Iraq :D

4. Xel

Xel New Member

I think dear Aoi has left the fandom, sadly. She's got her own real-life stuff, so...

But the plus side is you have me to take her place. 8D <333

5. Reisti Skalchaste

I was thinking something a bit more grim... Let's hope that, out of our two thoughts, yours is correct. Maybe we just need to find her, and bring her back, in that case?

Hehe, well, if you were around more... :p But Lady Aoi is unique, and, realistically, no one could take her place. It is good to have a Hanagata fan around though. ;) Someone to balance everything out, at the least. We're mostly Cherry fans, these days. Not that that's a bad thing... :D

6. Xel

Xel New Member

I'm just telling you what I know. I keep in contact with her, so...

And I'll just have to be around more then, won't I? ;D

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Really? You've actually contacted Lady Aoi? That in itself is miraculous! (From what I know) :p

Jedimdo and I have found another forum! This one's totally SMJ-based! :anime: And it's new, too! Only 33 members. Problem: It's aaaaaallll Spanish. Good thing I have Jedimdo to help me translate, and I've learned how to use Babelfish in a way that makes me understandable.

If there's any interest, I'll post a link.

8. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Problem? :p I think that more or less a half of posters here understand and speak Spanish :D

9. Reisti Skalchaste

I can think of 4 people who will (probably) think of that as a problem. :p No wait, 5.

But the main reason I say it's a problem is because this is an English board, and the majority of users are anglophone. (English-speaking) Therefore, a Spanish board would be a bit difficult for them.

10. Xel

Xel New Member

Make it six. XD; Alas, for I speak but French. Which is kinda similar, but not enough.

I guess it's good that it's around, though.

11. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I am surprised they did not have SMJ as a Thread. Kinda sad, it's a cute show :)

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You don't really want me to hold you to that, do you? ^^

Well, if we're stuck with the lesser of two evils, it's not too bad - one is greater than none, ne? It's good to see you bringing your... unique brand to the forefront again Xel and nobody else would make a better channel than yourself for Aoi-Chan's spirit and general emotional display. (Quick, rewrite that last sentence to make sense!)

WB! ^_^

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Actually, I was including you in that number. :p The list I was thinking of was:

Me, BakaMattSu, Xel, Wertitis... and I can't remember who the fifth person was. :p

Glad you're still onboard, though. Or rather, on boards... dot jp :D:p;)

14. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

You could include BRO but he is not a regular poster for now. Include Nephiel and Cherrygirl (Although she has her personal translator ;))

The other team is:

Luvweaver, SaberJ2X, Stardustphox, kapitanbar and myself

So, it's 5 and 5

[/OFFTOPIC]
    Anyway, there is people who is just too blind that cannot see how really great the series are. What do we have to do? Convert'em all :p Turn the world into a Saber Marionette discussion, or just continue our lives and talk about the series to our nearest friends.

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I have enough grasp of Spanish to be able to communicate slowly (i.e. via a board system). I just don't have the time to add another board to my collection at the moment.

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, it's the same here, except I did have the time to stick a third message board in my repertoire. :p

Anyway, regardless, it's more of a problem for us, being in Spanish than it would be in English. We can all communicate in English, but not all of us know Spanish.

Anyway, here's the link, since we've talked about it for awhile and not done anything.

Twilight

17. Xel

Xel New Member

Whoa, how'd I miss this? :O

And sure, feel free. ;D The only way I ever do anything is if people nag me, so...

(On an unrelated note, I found that interview we did a few years back and promptly GROANED at myself. gkglsjla;d.)

But you know, the interesting thing about coming back to a fandom after you've grown up is that it really forces you to reevaluate a lot of the characters and their relationships. They get a lot more complex. I learned that when I was rewriting "Unspoken." Hana's thoughts went from their former "I love you more than anything in the world Otaru-kun and I'm so sorry you're in so much pain and I just know the girls have to come back soon" to something more like "I love you even though you're shutting me out and I kind of resent you for that especially when the girls might not be coming back and it's almost a relief that they're gone even though I never wanted it to be like this because I did love them after all but I am really not a good man for thinking about you and most of all myself in this situation right now and I am twice as not good due to the fact that I don't really care that I'm not good."

Or something like that. 8D As you say, rewrite that last sentence to make sense!

18. Reisti Skalchaste

So, let's see, we've got:

Spanish-speaking:
    Luvweaver, SaberJ2X, Stardust_Phox, kapitanbar and Jedimdo

English-speaking:
    Shinryu, Xel, Cherrygirl, BakaMattSu, Nephiel(?)

Wait, what about marc_alvin7? Hmm... he's Filipino, so I would assume he does speak Spanish, but I'm not sure. And Sachiko? She's pretty much back, now, so we have to consider her, as well. Even if she doesn't post much.

By my estimate, it'd be 6 and 6. Considering that at least two of us english speakers can communicate in Spanish, with some difficulty, that would be at least 8 to 4. Weird how so many of the fans are latin-american, though. Maybe it's because it aired on Locomotion? With voices that are at least fairly decent?

I don't think this is off-topic, though. We're discussing fans of SMJ. Which are, apparently, mostly Latin-american in origin. I'm working on fixing that, though. ;)

Interview? Hmm... you know, sometimes curiosity is good, but it can still be a lot of trouble. (hint, hint ;))

Hehe, I think you beat BMS for long run-on sentences. :p Quite an accomplishment, that. :D Given [post=4699]this[/post]... :anime:

19. Xel

Xel New Member

FINE, don't acknowledge my French-speaking skillz. >O (They're not actually that great, though. Not to mention totally useless in a jointly English and Spanish-speaking fandom. :p)

Indeed, interview. When I was younger and none the wiser... silly 14-year-old fangirl incarnation of me. That kind of thing is always cursed to be embarrassing, though.

And, eheh. I do like my stream-of-consciousness stuff.

Man, one of my wisdom teeth is poking through.

20. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Hm, this forum is not the appropiate source for this kind of information. But, considering the latest posters it's like that. Go, go Chica Marioneta J :p :D Locomotion has been airing Saber Marionette for many years, I don't know how many, maybe that's the reason. More people watch the tv and discover the series, while in the northern hemisphere they're just watching much more new series. SM does not longer sell. That's my guess.

Fixing it? Right :p I don't care from where the fans come as long as they exist. Yes, yes, I know what you meant