Saber Marionette Can you believe some people?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, true. We can't really get an acuurate measurement of the fandom with just one message board as our base, right? And yes, 'fixing.' :p Call it 'balancing' if you will. It's not as easy as it once was, but I'll bring more people into the fold. (Not as easy because I can't contact my friends as easily, since I got out of school)

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

When the SMJ fandom was smaller, I had catalogued every piece of fiction out there on Castle Japoness. I was also eager to find out some more about fans and the first thing that came to mind to accomplish that was to ask them a few questions about their works, as well as about themselves in general.

I arranged live chats wherever possible, as they were more dynamic and allowed for ad hoc questioning when the opportunity presented itself. I also gave the option of an e-mail correspondence to those who opted to go that way.

This is how I first got in touch with many fans that grace our boards, including Xel, Gata Fairy, Lady Aoi, luvweaver,
    and InuYasha.

Mind you, I knew a select few of them before the interview, but conducting the interviews got me to know them a little better.

BakaMattSu,
    Aware that the topic has completely changed, but what the hey!

3. Xel

Xel New Member

Byooooooorrrrg, get that vile thing away from here! 8O The pain, the immaturity... the emoticons!

I noticed for the first time, though, your comment that even finding out my fics were yaoi, you didn't want to put 'em down. That's a great and flattering thing, at the very least. Especially considering what pieces of steaming crap I consider my writing back in the day compared to now. XD;

Speaking of which, there's a possibility I might finish the fifth one in the series over spring break. I can beta-test it on you, BMS! :D

4. Nephiel

Nephiel New Member

Uhh... actually, I'm Spanish :D

Yep, I got into anime thanks to Locomotion. They were airing Evangelion back then. I kind of liked it, kept on watching that channel, and then I discovered SM... and I was hooked. They even aired J to X and the SM Again and SM R OVAs.

Too bad my cable TV provider removed Locomotion from its channel list some time ago :(

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Too bad I didn't start writing a while back, when you were still doing this. :p

Oh. :p Well, then it's like 7 to 5. Oh well. I know that at least two of my friends in reality like it, and aren't Spanish. Neither of them have joined us here, that's all. And, like I said, I'm trying to introduce it to more people. That doesn't come easily, though. :(

You know, we're forgetting BRO! Black Robed One doesn't speak a word of Spanish, and he told me so himself! Even though he's not here anymore, he's still a fan. :D

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Wha...

What is this Locomotion everyone keeps mentioning. I've never heard anything like it before. This some sort of Spanish only channel? From the sounds of it the closest thing we have in the states is the "Toonami" 2 hour anime blitz Cartoon Network shows where they butcher perfectly good anime for the sake of money.

...And what the hell happened to Black Robed One? Where'd he go?

Whaaah~ I don't like being in the dark!!!

~A totally lost wert

7. Reisti Skalchaste

[thread=16419]BRO's departure[/thread] :(:sad:

However, I'm a member of another forum that he's a member to, and he's been thinking about coming back. He probably won't, but he is thinking about it.

Yes, Locomotion is an all-Spanish channel. I've never seen it, but it would be neat, I think.

8. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Locomotion is a All-Spanish channel. It defines itself 'Anime Station'. It have been airing the Saber Marionette series since it was created many years ago.

9. Nephiel

Nephiel New Member