Soccer Champions League Thread - Liverpool F.C 2005 Champions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teddz, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

SCANDAL

The Milano Derby between Inter and Milan has been suspended due to firecrackers from the "so called" Inter fans. One of them hitted the Milan Goalkeeper Dida, which made him suffer from an injury. Markus Merk decided to drag the players out and wait for several minutes for the game to continue, sadly, the so called "Inter fans" didn't listen to him, and after 1 min, the firecrackers started to rain down again. Match abanonded, and Milan, despite leading 1-0 after a fine Shevchenko goal, are through.

Inter aren't only out of the European tournament, but also going to suffer alot of punishment. I am a true interista, Inter fan, and I am ashamed over how the fans of Inter are behaving, and I hope that they will be shot.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what are the outcome? Heavy fines, play games without a home attendence or maybe not playing at the beautiful Giuseppe Meazza, but one thing is clear, chance are that Inter might be banned from UEFA tournaments for up to a year. I hope the ****ing ****head fans learn from this.

- Teddz

Oh, Bayern won over Chelski by a great comeback from 0-2, to 3-2. Despite that, they are out. Chelski and Milan are through.

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Really sad to hear and see this. How some people get so hot-headed about it is sometimes beyond belief. Football is meant to be a peaceful sport... Not hooliganism, rioting or abuse. I feel sorry for both Inter and AC Milan players. Unfortunately it seems like Inter will be out of this year's competition one way or the other but with tonight's conduct, the Inter fans may have landed their club a even greater punishment such as a ban for next year's CL competition. It's a real shame...

Tomorrow's game between Juventus and Liverpool could have a similar scenario seeing that the wounds of the Heysel incident remains intact... and (not trying to be offensive) Italians seem to be really wired up to trouble when it comes to matches.

Chelski vs Bayern Munich was a decent match with an unusual sighting of all 5 goals from both sides being one touch goals. Lampard and Drogba scored for the blues whilst Pizarro and 2 late goals by Guerrero and Scholl for Bayern Munich.

- Shen

3. Teddz

Update:

Accourding to Milan dutch midfielder, Clarence Seedorf, Dida is feeling ok after the game. Still somewhat hurt, but he's feeling ok. I am glad that nothing worse happened, imagine that flare two centimeters closer to his face, or that it was a waterbottle instead.

Another thing will be investigated, and it will be Shevchenkos headbutt on the 4th minute of the game which wasn't noticed by the number one referee Markus Merk. If this goes through, Sheva might miss 2-3 games for Milan.

Accourding to authorities of San Siro, the police have found who caused the flares, and it's the, quote: "Same bunch of hooligans as before". Decisions will be made if these "****heads" will be banned for life from Inter's games.

The disiciplinary section of UEFA will look through the report from Markus Merk, and a decision will be made this week.

- Teddz

4. Teddz

And...wow!

Liverpool did the impossible by finishing the difficult game way at Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin against Juventus. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Fabio Cannavaro had the chance to score for Juventus, but failed. Liverpool through, against Chelski.

The match between Lyon and PSV was a huge thriller. 1-1 aggregate, and the game finished with a 1-1 draw, which lead to a Sudden death period. This didn't do anything, so it was penalty shots. PSV came out victorious, and will face Milan in the Semi's.

- Teddz

5. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I sense a Chelski vs Milan Final. Congratulations to Liverpool though, they without many of their key players such as Gerrard and were forced to play unfit players Xabi Alonso and Cisse, both of which havn't played for several months due to injury.

So an all English semi-final, which is good news for me because it will mean TV over here will be forced to show both legs and the finals instead of one leg like they usually do :D

- Shen

6. Teddz

Uefa has punished Inter with a four match ban without attendence. Also, they are fined to pay 200,000 euros for the incident. If any game that Inter play are being abanded it will be another 3-4 games without home attendence.

Milan win by 3-0 instead of 1-0.

- Teddz

7. Hades

Hades New Member

hi

the is gonna be chelsea rigth now is the best tema in the world go blues and congratulation for the championship

1 person likes this.
  8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Though I don't support Chelski, in fact I detest their financial part of the club, but I admit I do enjoy watching them play. However I'd like to see them lose tomorrow, otherwise Mourinho is just going to be cockiest manager. He's won 7 trophies already in 3 years... including 5 on debut years (out of those 3 years), can't ask for much more really.

Come on Liverpool!!

- Shen

9. Teddz

Exactly. I really hate the fact that Chelski is "buying" it's victories. Hell, why won't Abrahimovic just bid for the Champions League instead.

Hope Liverpool and it's trusty anfield supporters kick Chelski's ass.

Note: Haven't said Chelski by it's real name since Abrahimovic bought Crespo from Inter...

10. Teddz

LIVERPOOL IN THE FINALS!

Luis Garcia scored on the fourth minute for Liverpool, and the game turned awfully one sided, with Chelski pressing and pushing for the equalizer. But Liverpool, with Traroue - Carragher - Hypiäa - Finnan, at the defence, stopped everything.

Liverpool will play either AC Milan or PSV Eindhoven. Both teams face up tomorrow, for a place for the Champions League finals in Istanbul, 26th May.

"...You will never walk alone!"

- Teddz

11. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well done Liverpool!!! Chelski couldn't get past their defence. Jamie Carragher was amazing, I'd say the MoM.

So, Ac Milan vs Liverpool in the finals? We'll see

- Shen

12. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Despite losing 3-1, AC Milan will join Liverpool in the finals of the Champions league. After winning 2-0 at San Siro last week, AC Milan conceded 3 goals but grabbed the vital away goal to see off PSV.

So, will i be AC Milan or will it be Liverpool? I'm rooting for Liverpool fot this one.

- Shen

13. Teddz

My money is on Liverpool. I am an Interista, and that's the reason :)

- Teddz

14. Hades

Hades New Member

Champions league thread

liverpool how you make you eliminate the best of the world i so angry chelsea was the champion oh liverpool you are going to lose go milan destroyer the reds.

1 person likes this.
  15. Teddz

Well, Liverpool beat Juventus, Leverkusen and now Chelski.

It's all about determination, teamwork and courage. Plus, Liverpool must have one of the worlds greatest fans, and not to mention the best midfielder, Steven Gerrard and defenders Hypiiä and Carragher...

16. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Ill have to go with Liverpool on this one...I just feel that there will be a fault in the AC milan defense that game...a fatal one that will cost them the game. And its because of that feeling that Im going for Liverpool. Actually I wouldnt really care...since my team Toluca got eliminated from the liguilla :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: that was more important to me...

1 person likes this.
  17. Teddz

Well, teams usually hit back in a good time when they are eliminated from tournaments or leagues :)

- Teddz

18. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Yes that is true...but with the problems we faced this year...it seems doubtful. I mean...Cardozo (our best striker) was not able to captitalize and injuries just brought the whole team down. Even our coach abandoned the team :mad: But yeah...being a supporter of this team..I think we can bounce back.

Does anyone have the predicted line-ups of the Liverpool Milan match?

19. Teddz

I'd say they will use the same formation against the chelski match. Baros and Cisse up front if possible, but I think Benitez will play Cisse instead of Baros, who sadly, hasn't done that 'great'.

As for Milan, their best formation. What else? :p

- Teddz

20. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Liverpool usually play 4-5-1 with a lone striker. Seeing that Cisse is now fit and bagged two goals last week in the premiership, he'll probably start. Baros might leave in the summer and will most likely be on the bench if he doesn't start. The key to Liverpool's game is holding midefield possession and quick counter attacks. Their defence and goalkeeper is good enough withstand Milan's strike force.

However, their premiership form has been sporadic. I'm not totally convinced that 4-5-1 is the formation is for them... as the striker is quite often isolated from the pack. A lot of Liverpool's goals have come from midfielders rather than strikers. I'd say look out for Gerrard, Luis Garcia and Riise more than anyone else.

- Shen