Soccer Champions League Thread - Liverpool F.C 2005 Champions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teddz, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Milan has a worldclass midfield. The likes of Kaká, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Pirlo, and Gattuso tells you that Liverpool will have a hardtime, but I think it will be hard for Milan to break the solid 4-5 "defence".

Up front, Milan have the Golden Ball winner, Andrij Shevchenko. Hyipiä or Carragher will have to mark hard on "Sheva" cause he's one hell of a striker.

I think it will be 1-1 after FT and ET. Penalties will decide the game.

Final is on the 25th May, in Istanbul.

- Teddz

2. Teddz

Game starts today! Only 4 hours left!

We will soon know who will win Champions League! Critics say that the real pressure lies on Milan. They didn't win Serie A, nor the Cup, but Champions League is their final goal. Liverpool on the other hand, do feel the pressure too. They can defeat Milan. David vs Goliath anyone?

Good luck Milan. Good Luck Liverpool.

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!

HT: LIVERPOOL 0 - AC MILAN 3

FT: LIVERPOOL 3 - AC MILAN 3

ET: LIVERPOOL 3 - AC MILAN 3

Penalties: LIVERPOOL 3 - AC MILAN 2[/b]

Wow... what a game. AC Milan 3-0 at half time with Paolo Maldini scoring in just 50 seconds with a volley. A shell-shocked Liverpool continued to play not at their best and conceded a further 2 goals by Crespo in a 5-miunute interval. Hernan Crespo scoring at point blank with a well worked ball and later chipped a fine ball over Dudek after a great pass from Kaka. It seemed all over, but after half time... skipper Steven Gerrard scored with a superb header on the 54th minute from a Riise cross. A few minutes later Vladimir Smicer struck a long range effort which went into the bottom left corner, and to equalise on the 60th minute Xabi Alonso struck a penalty after Gerrard was tripped by Gattuso. However the penalty was saved by Dida but Xabi Alonso restruck it on the rebound into the roof of the net.

The rest of the match was a tight contest with chances at both ends. AC Milan I thought had the better of Liverpool in extra time though. In the dying minutes of extra time, Shevchenko had a point blank shot saved by Jerzy Dudek and saved again on the rebound.

The penalties had to be done to separate both sides.

Serginho blazed it over for Milan's first, Andrea Pirlo saw his shot saved by Dudek. Kaka rescued one back and Tomasson scored the 4th. However European footballer of the year Shevchenko saw his goal saevd by Dudek. Riise of Liverpool was the only victim of missing the kick (saved by AC Milan goalkeeper).

A fantastic win for Liverpool and I think they deserved it!

[​IMG] <--- Liverpool and England midfielder Steven Gerrard, easily one of the best midfielders in the world.

- Shen

4. Teddz

LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL!

Despite Milans fast 1min goal, and the two goals by Crespo, Liverpool, with their ****ing **** workrate, made 1-3, 2-3, and 3-3 through Gerrard, Smicer and Alonso.

Later on the penatlies, Dudek saved two of Milans, while Smicer, Hamann and Cissé scored for Liverpool.

[​IMG]
    Dudek saves Shevchenkos penalty

[​IMG]
    The Liverpool players go insane!

[​IMG]
    *Chu* Liverpool Captain gives the trophy a kiss...

[​IMG]
    ...and rises it up to the sky. The clouds are the reds now. Liverpool are Champions!

Congratulations Liverpool F.C!
    Champions League Winners 2005

Pictures taken from Aftonbladet, DN, and Expressen.

5. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Didnt I say that Liverpool was gonna win? And that Milan will make an error that will cause them to lose? LOL I was watching the game in a pizzeria so when I was cheering Liverpool on the guys were giving me a wierd look. The people were I was at were somewhat pissed at the penalty line-up that Milan had. But oh well...LIVERPOOL WON.

Well, thanks for the coverage of you two guys (Shen and Teddz) It was great hearing the stats and results from ya guys. Who knows what the next Champions League will have in store...

6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Liverpool to play in next season CL fair?

Ok, Liverpool has won Europe's greatest prize but as it stands they are both worth and not worth being in next year's competition.

Each country only allows a maximum of 4 representatives in this competition, meaning teams ending up in 5th place or beyong at the end of their domestic season cannot partake in the Champions League. Liverpool finished 5th...

But, they won the CL this season and traditionally the winners have the rights to defend their cup for the following season.

So, there's been much discussion regarding this matter but both FIFA and UEFA has come to a conclusion that Liverpool are allowed to play in next year's competition, but have to play from the very beginning... i.e. the qualifying stages.

Do you think it's a fair decision? I think it is.

- Shen

7. Teddz

Personally, a team needs to defend it's championship no matter what. Making Liverpool qualify to the Champions League is better than not competing in the worlds finest tournament at all.

- Teddz

8. Teddz

Tomorrow the games begin!

Who will will the Cup again? This season looks really exciting with big teams back in place again. Will Liverpool defend the title or will a new team shock the entire tournament? Will Udinese, Villareal and even Thun manage to qualify? Will it finally be Juventus year to lift the cup? Will Inter and it's hooligans win this season?

Join the discussion, and breathe football again!

These are the following games that will be played on Tuesday:

19:45 Artmedia Bratislava - Inter
    19:45 Chelsea -Anderlecht
    19:45 Lyon - Real Madrid
    19:45 Milan - Fenerbahce
    19:45 Olympiakos - Rosenborg BK
    19:45 PSV - Schalke
    19:45 Rangers - Porto
    19:45 Real Betis - Liverpool

And on Wednesday

19:45 Arsenal - FC Thun
    19:45 Benfica - Lille
    19:45 Club Brugge - Juventus
    19:45 Rapid Vienna - Bayern Munich
    19:45 Sparta Prague - Ajax
    19:45 Udinese - Panathinaikos
    19:45 Villarreal - Man Utd
    19:45 W Bremen - Barcelona

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Yes, yes... it's THAT time again. We have seen 2 of the more unlikely winners from the past 2 years. Those being FC Porto and Liverpool FC. Unlike Porto, Liverpool has retained pretty much all their players who won that CL cup on that final against Milan - quite easily one of the best finals ever. (0-3 HT, 3-3 FT, 3-3 ET, 4-2 Pens).

Liverpool has added to their squad this season. Introducing £8 million keeper Reina, winger Zenden and striker Crouch. Gerrard has also had sensational performanced in their qualifying rounds. Scoring 7 goals in 6 games and their wins have been very convincing. I believe they will put up a fight and can get far... but not far enough to win it again. Besides they have to play Chelski in their group unfortunately.

I'm going for Barcelona, Juventus or Man Utd to win it this year.

- Shen

10. Teddz

And this is how the playoffs look like...

Bayern - Milan
    Benfica - Liverpool
    PSV - Lyon
    Real Madrid - Arsenal
    Ajax - F.C. Internazionale
    Werder Bremen - Juventus
    Chelsea - Barcelona
    Glasgow Rangers - Villarreal

- Teddz