Saber Marionette Could you ever become to love a machine?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by kapitanbar, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

*sigh* you two ^^;;; *takes out a small mallet* DONK DONK! There! Problem solved ^^ Lime-chan shall not be bothered now XD

2. HF Strausser

HF Strausser New Member

ow! >< (*on the floor*) whoa, now thats what i call a rollercoaster....

Lime: Oh sweetheart! let me heal you...

Gilbert: ah?.. what?... hey stop it! dont use your beautiful tongue, Lime!!..... HEY I SAID STOP IT!!!

3. Sachiko

XD no dirty stuffies here! besides, lime wouldn't know those things, now would she?

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

>.<

I do believe he's referring to her licking his wounds like she's a cat... yuuuuuuuuuuuck....

While there is actually apparently a slight healing power in saliva, its best to use your own.

You learn this crap real quick when you camp.

Oh, by the way, pee is sterile and can be used to clean wounds.

5. Sachiko

...sokka? XD my bad :sweat:

6. HF Strausser

HF Strausser New Member

whoa... sensing a strong presence of cuteness

Lime: purrrr....

Gilbert: wah! I love kittys!

Lime: mmmmmeow! ; )

Gilbert: Kitty Kitty Kitty!!! here! come here!

Lime: (waving her tail in front of gilbert´s nose) purrrrrrr...

Gilbert: hey wait!....... a-choooo!!

Lime: (sleeps in Gilbert´s arms) zzzzzzz

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

8. Otaru | 182

Otaru | 182 New Member

Ur starting to irritate me
    and that not good belive me my friend

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well, when you are with a woman you must be prepared to accept the good and bad, and that remains true even if they act like cats. Just pretend someone stepped on her tail. :) And you get to kiss it better. :)

10. HF Strausser

HF Strausser New Member

Awwwwww! There´s my kitty!!! here kitty kitty

aw! I love mi Lime... look at that... tongue.... God I wanna kiss her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lime: Well, what are you waiting for? Meow!

Gilbert: noh! I shouldn´t........... you´re just too beautiful.... =)

Lime: well, if you don´t come I will go to you honey... *trip* meoooowww!! *lands-on-gilbert*

Gilbert: oh.... Lime.... be careful, darling

11. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Interesting old thread, back to life!
    I'll make it simple, we are machines too, aren't we? so it would be like loving another intelligent and concious species like elves, ETs, etc. Marionettes are like us, they're as humans, so I don't see any problem with it

BTW, I love Cherry

12. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

The fact is that we're not machines. SM tries to tell about machine that by some reason become sentient, self concious and loving.

13. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I meant 'Biological Machines'
    If they are humans, why aren't we machines?

14. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

The wert makes another pointless point...

Agreed. However in Jedi's defense the human body CAN be regarded as almost... mechanical. Here you have a complex system designed to bring oxygen and nutrients to tiny cells all so that they can pass on thier genetic information to thier offspring. You have a highly complex organic respiratory system which exchanges Oxygen and carbon dioxide with the cardiovascular system, which is essentially a fluid system powered by a tiny, organic 'pump'- the heart.

But the heart and the cells need more than oxygen, you have a complex gastric system designed to take in foreign materials, refine them and place the nutrients the cells need into the cardiovascular system. But in order to get the nutrients the cells need, the body must actually capture and intake the food by itself- thus the muscle system is needed. And muscles cant run without guidence, thus the brain was needed. And the brain is useless without input from the outside world, thus eyes, ears, taste, touch, and smell were also neccessary.

We're all complex organic machines. Little sub systems working together (like a car) necessary to maintain operation. When it comes down to it, we're all made up of carbon. The hearts and souls of marionettes are made up of silicon.

So what's in a mineral? Carbon, Silicon, whatever. If they can love and give love, what's the difference?

By the way: I say Yes.

15. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

necromancing threads o_O? lol... anyway.. as I stated before... if they love me back yes.. would love a bloodberry/cherry mix

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Heh, this reminds me of this thread, which, long ago, I couldn't resist adding to. This was before I had professed my love for Cherry across the boards.

Right here.

Anyway, if anyone can't guess, my answer is yes.

Cherry is a loving, caring being, with real emotions, feelings, and actions. She may be a marionette, but that makes no difference. She is still a real person, and I will still love her. Always.

As has been said. What does it matter what we're made of? Human, machine, elf, heh, even golem. As long as the feelings are there, that's all that matters, right? No matter the race, or species, or whatever, if the love is there, that's all that matters. Even if you're a machine. Even if you're elf, or golem, or whatever.

Simply saying "no" because you're different from them is the same as racism. Does it honestly, really matter what your skin color is? What your skin is made of? Whether you're human or machine?

[EDIT] A mix of Bloodberry and Cherry? What...? Wouldn't she be rather conflicted inside? :confused:

17. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

For me it’s quite possible to love a being different from myself, even if this being is artificial, not biological. If the machine will have emotions and personality ( the kind of personality I could fall in love with… Ahhh… *Daydreams of Cherry* ), I could easily fall in love with her. Under VERY special circumstances I believe that I could even fall in love with machine that isn’t made in human form, like a computer or ship’s AI that has emotions and personality ( but NOT the kind of personality Mesopotamia had! ). However, unlike Soemon Obiichi and Yan Min, I don’t think I could love an emotionless machine that could never understand and appreciate my feelings, let alone return them; no matter how beautiful this machine would be.

P.S.

To add my 2 cp to philosophical discussion of “Are the humans machines?”, I’ll say that I see some subtle differences between “biological machine” and machine. If we get technical, I guess we can call ourselves “biological machines”, but personally, I rather prefer to use the term “living being”. :p

But as about “What is so important about being human?” Well… I guess anime like “Ghost in the Shell”, “Bubblegum Crisis MegaTokyo 2032-2033” and of course “Saber Marionette J” answered this question for me well enough.

P.P.S.

I guess a mix of Bloodberry and Cherry will be somewhat like Tiger – strong and determined, yet caring and gentle. But then again, after a brief consideration I realized that Tiger seems to be closer to Cherry then to Bloodberry.

18. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Machine, am I?

No offense but, Humans are nuts, crazy, wackos, whatevah. Yes! You are, I'm not! I'm chobitsu! Heh, . . . . -_- :sweat2: Gomen nasai

I just finnished watching Chobits, which involves many questions in here, if not all. In the case of SMJ, what would we be loving? Certainly not marionette's bodies, right? It's just like a shell for their hearts but they cannot live without them, the same for us. So we are not too much different, physically speaking. Materia we are made does not matter (as I could be less human if I have had a plastic leg) as long we interact with other people and learn and LOVE them.

I insist, we are machines. Each piece of us is an amazing engineer design which fits with other ones as a single and complex engine, the human engine. What's wrong with it? Inmediate quote:
    1. A green apple and a apple. All green apples are apples but not all apples are green apples. So you can not 'compare' a biological machine with a machine because a biological machine IS a machine
    2. So, machines are not living beings? Therefore marionettes are not living beings. (But if we go strict to the meaning of 'Bio', greek 'Life', and the study of Biology, then they're not alive)

And finally, Chobitsu. I think we're going to a future like that one. As a human, I could fall in love with a machine, uh, I've already done. We don't care who, how or what our loved is as we can be, at least, near her/him. See people in comma, already dead, or evil conquerors as Faust was.
    Heh, like water and oil :p lol
    For me, only Cherry, perfect

19. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Waaaark

A Bloodberry/Cherry mix? You'd end up with someone who would cook, clean, call you master, then kick the ass of your annoying neighbors moments before getting completely blizted off of cheap Sake while trying desperately to make love to you.

Good times.

A machine is something designed to serve a purpose or to perform a function. As it so happens humans are desgined for one thing- reproducing like rabbits. Think about it.

Now the question I believe being asked is- Could you fall in love with something created by man? Something artifical?

Methinks the general consensus is yes.

20. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

LOL, actually, I also don’t have a high opinion about human race in general (although some humans are definitely an exception). Some say that human race is a peak of evolution, but personally, there are times when I cannot help feeling that human race is actually evolution’s greatest mistake.

My bad here… [​IMG]

In physical sense of the word, marionettes are not living beings, they are artificial beings constructed by human hands and made to resemble human female. However, marionettes with Maiden Circuits have remarkably human-like personalities; I believe we can say that they are artificial beings with living personalities/souls.
    So, if you had marionettes with Maiden Circuits in mind, Jedimdo-san, I believe that the answer to your question will be both yes and no.

I couldn’t agree more, Jedimdo-san! But as about…

I don’t want to sound overly grim, but personally, I have a nasty feeling that we are heading towards the future like that of Cyberpunk reality ( seen in anime like “Bubblegum Crisis”/”Bubblegum Crush” and “Ghost in the Shell” ); all-powerful corporations control nearly everything, dividing the Earth into their spheres of influence, while division into nations becomes less and less important. Law-enforcement almost non-existent, and when people or small organizations get in the way of VIPs, they get stepped upon, crushed and forgotten. Technology is highly advanced, but most recent achievements are made in the fields of cybernetics, advanced medicine (naturally, available of to those who can pay for it, i.e. VIPs) and of course weaponry (what a surprise); and when it comes to weapons, walking around with a gun is perfectly legal, and most civilians actually prefer to do so.
    A grim future, but as I have already said, I cannot help feeling that this is where humanity is heading.