Saber Marionette Could you ever become to love a machine?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by kapitanbar, Nov 14, 2002.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

High Tech Wonder Boy

A Bladerunner-esq kind of future? While that seems like a possibility I've got a little more hope for humanity than that. Incase you haven't noticed People (especially in the US) tend to migrate in one of two directions. Either they're ultra uptight about everything (language on TV, Violence in videogames, Greenpeace, ACLU, ect and the like) or they're real laid back and want to change everything (swearing's ok, bring on the sex and nudity-it's only natural, violence is A-Ok, ect...). These two groups are slowly taking over, and people are shifting either more and more towards the left or the right. We're going to be split into two before long.

As much as one side dislikes the other, they're both necessary.They moderate one another. When one goes too far to the extreme the other group lashes out and pulls them back toward moderation. There's a quote I remember that describes this kind of situation perfectly.

"With out order nothing can exist. Without Chaos nothing can evolve."

The two groups will continue to vie for power and as they do, I beleive that they will keep things in moderation and keep us away from that grim future you forsee.

But, if in a future where we can create life out of artificiality, and mutual love can bloom from it, how bad could it really be?

2. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Or, like in Bubblegum Crisis reality, we can artificially create a fully self-aware race of machines… Only to make them our slaves, forcing them to do various dirty work for us, from construction and work in highly dangerous environment to fighting and… ahhh… let’s say, “pleasure duty”. (Actually, Boomers made for the last duty were proclaimed illegal partially for moralistic reasons and partially because they had ability to operate high-tech equipment; although the main reason was probably that these “pleasure” Boomers were so remarkably human-like in both appearance and personality, that it could raise some unwanted questions). And should these self-aware robots break out of our control… Why, then they will be marked as “rogue”, and get destroyed at all the possible haste.

Seriously, Dark Phoenix-sama, I believe that the possibility that we will artificially create a race of slaves far more likely then the possibility that we will artificially create a race of friends and companions.

Black Robed One, ever a pessimist.

3. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Ahhh, imagination, everything is possible. Actually I'm more on wertitis' side, althought I'm a pessimist (What is a pessimist? A/ An optimist with experience :D ).
    And the 'I don't care. I just wanna my Coke' third group. That's the group which keeps us together. Wait, no, I'm lying. We are not going to split. Who said that's our only difference? Depending of which topic we are talking, we are going to be sometimes with these people and sometimes with those people.

My turn! My turn! My future:
    Everything is almost the same, we have advanced tech, some economical problems due to older people overpopulation, the HIV virus is extinct. BUT, androids are in massive production and everyone has access to this tech. Large companies build large private droids armies, most of them in the US. Presidents like Bush are more popular now thanks to the low deaths during multiple wars. Bush VI nukes some countries for silly reasons.

That's my creepy dark future ;)
    Actually, power is not equally distributed. The group A will does stuff for a limited time and then group B takes the power and does everything the other way. That's how we advance. Keep in mind that there even more groups C, D, etc... Some of them are similar and some others are totally different. Not everything is black and white.