Recreation Explain Your Name!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Crow, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I'm sure that we've all wondered were some of us get our user names for this forum.Well,here's your chance to explain.Where's your name from?Does it have a special meaning,or did you just make it up because it sounded funny or cool?My name comes from the episode of Cowboy Bebop, "Jupiter Jazz"(well,it's 2 episodes,but,you know).It's supposedly the place where Gren plays sax.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Izzy Izumi...hmmmm...he's a Digimon character. More precisely, he's the small dude carrying that laptop around. He has a mop of messy hair, has an orange shirt, yellow gloves and khaki shorts. He's the nerd of the whole operation. Err, oh yeah, he's better known in Japan as Izumi Koushiro (Koushiro Izumi, for those who read first name first.)

Anyway, ever since I got my laptop, I just went by Izzy on the net. It seemed credible. Also, I didn't know what to name the computer...so I named it PineAPPLE like Izzy. My hair's also messy and people tend not to understand what I'm saying.

Well, another reason I *kept* the name is my ex-girlfriend thought a picture of Mimi and Izzy was cute, so...it just kinda stuck after that.

Attached Files:

3. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

(cute pic Izzy)

My name, was origionally, Anubis the Jackal. And then I thought that was too long and now I am just simply The Jackal.

4. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Cocaine does a body good... You can sniff it, smoke it, swollow it, and pump it! It's the ****. That's where my nick originates from Coke, only with a 0. It just came up so I changed it. I used to be Uncle_Sweetie but **** that name.

5. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

I've had this nick for about 2 or 3 years, it's my games nickname. I have long hair and everyone says it'd looks good with dreads, but I can't be bothered putting them in.

6. Knives

Knives New Member

As the first of the Trigun Four to reply to this thread, that joined up at the same time, I'd like to say it was kind of a joke that we all went for names from the same series. Alas that is only partly true as I know there are reasons for Wolfwood, Vash and Legato.

In my case it really was that Legato forced me to choose Knives but the name is stuck with me (here at least). I guess the reason behind us all being Trigun characters stems from us all watching Trigun around the time we joined M2A.

7. Odin

Odin Member

My avatar is of the Odin from Final Fantasy VII, though when I first came up with the name it was because I was into Valkyrie Profile, another RPG which takes place within Norse Mythology.

Odin is the son of Bor who gradually replaced Thor as the leader of the Aesir. He is the sky god, the All-Father. His wives were Jord and Frigga, and Wednesday is named in his honor. He is the patron of culture and the inventor of runes. He is blind in one eye, having given that eye to drink from Odherir, the magic cauldron or potion of wisdom in the care of the giant Mimir. His other eye is the sun. He will be killed at Ragnorok by the wolf Fenrir.

-Odin

8. ed_is_ed!

ed_is_ed! New Member

i have my name....

9. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

_Teddz_ Is a enchanced version of "Teddybear"

One of k0ges friends called me Teddybear, and later it became Teddy, and Teddybrat (Thanks k0ge :D), Teddz0r, and finally Teddz.

But People still call me that...execpt Teddybear and Teddybrat and Teddz0r :D

I use it as my NetRadio Dj name.."Dj.Teddz"

10. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

Well Chowmein is one of my fav types of food, so i stated using it as my gaming name, then it changed to Chow out of lazyness, but i still kept it Chowmein for message boards/irc ect.

11. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

I love to write my own fantasy stories and Reign-of-Dreams happens to me my newest saga. I chose Reign-of-Dreams because I personally thought it was cool and original. I love my new story to death! My nickname on this site was going to be The-Secrets-Within (my very first saga I ever created) but I decided to go with my newest story Reign-of-Dreams.

12. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

Well my name is pretty obveous:sweat:

I guess when I started watching the Tenchi Series I found out that Little Washu was the *CoOlIsT* **Clap Clap** ^_^. Anyway she's my, and will always be, my favorite characture from the Tenchi Series so that's the main reason why I chose her name Hee Hee (*^_^*)

~ThE OnE AnD OnLy LiTtLe WaShU~ ^_^

13. Tomo-chan

Tomo-chan New Member

My username's Tomo-chan because well... the moment I saw her in Azumanga Daioh, I was like, "Holy ****, she's exactly like me!!!!" XD (Even though there ARE more characters JUST like that ^^;;) and I'm really getting accustomed to being called Tomo :D

14. Tailki

Tailki New Member

Tailki, well, my friend gives nicknames from animes to her friends, so when I met her, she said I was like Tailki from Sailor Moon, at the time I did not know who Tailki from Sailor Moon was. My friend was in love with Tailki so it was flatering to be called Tailki. I finally researched who he was abd found out about the whole changing his sex and becoming a sailor Scout thing, but the name still stuck, it is also my Animale Crossing name along with my name and all my characters names on M2A.

15. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Well...back in 1999, i started playing a MMORPG called Graal, and i was an Anti-PK (a person who hunts player killers...I never was any popular with their clan, tbh.). Then a newb called me their guardian angel or some **** like that...So I used that...and the Amada part comes from Gundam 08th MS Team's Shiro Amada. Cuz he rules, nay, he pwns.

16. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

My user name means Dark or Shadow. Ya know it's from Yu Gi Oh. I choose it because I love Yami Yugi. (I mean the character not if anyone is useing the name in any forum here) This is why I choose it. So togeather it means either Shadow Girl or Dark Girl. It sounds better in Japaneese.

17. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

My name, Meaikoh_Takashi, is because back in the day, I didn't know 'Takashi' was a first name! Meaikoh is pronounced 'Mee-ko', but I thought it would be funny to watch people try to say it, something like 'Mee-eh-koh'.

Plus, I started writing stories about 'Meaikoh_Takashi', when I was about 11! Soooooooooooo long ago!

18. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

My name would be SORT of obvious to those who have watched Slayers: TRY. My name is based of the little fox guy you see as my avatar. His name is Jiras, a minor character that is extremely loyal to whomever he owes a debt to. Even though he might be extremely obedient to his masters, he uses some of the most contrived plans to please his masters' ambitions and goals, not to mention he is one of the only characters in Slayers to primarily use technology like guns, bombs, and traps rather than magic.

19. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I've used the name Ark for about .. 10 years I think? I don't remember where the hell it came from, I think I just made it up at the time.. kept it ever since.

- Ark