Video Games Favorite Online Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Orion, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Orion

Orion Gears

Be it PC, PS2, X-BOX, or X-BOX 360, online gaming has always dominated the video game industry. Since it has hit, online gaming is one of the most popular things ever to happen in the U.S. and beyond. So, simple thread, what is your favorite online game thus far (yes, you probably should update it if you happen to get a new favorite.)

Just so everyone knows, I did search for this and results indeed did come up negative, or I wouldn't be here in the first place. :p

So, I think my favorite online game (thus far) would have to be either Unreal Tournament 2004 or Halo 2. I've spent much time on them both, probably a couple days worth of total hours for UT2004 and a week or two hour's worth of Halo 2. UT2004 is one of my favorites for its smooth and fast gameplay, sophisticated and varied gametypes, and its general addictiveness.

Halo 2 was one of my favorites for a long time. It's one of the most anticipated shooters of the decade, and was one of the best. Its online offered many different gametypes, with your classic Capture the Flag and Deathmatch to Land Grab and Odd Ball. Plus, with gametypes constantly being created and updated right from Bungie, what's not to love? :)

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

It's between Halo 2 and Socom 3:US Navy Seals. Socom wins by a bit. Online capabilities and stuff you can do is practically the same, except you get 32 players in Socom, compared to a 16 player match on Halo 2. Also, it's maybe because even though Halo 2 has superb graphics, it's levels are just too small....

-Seishin

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

The only game I ever really played online was Starcraft and I sucked at everything except Bunker Wars. :p

However, play against me in Birthright, and guaranteed I'll own your sorry ***. :p

Too bad nobody plays the game anymore and its multiplayer setup is very old-fashioned. :(

4. geishaboy

geishaboy New Member

I used to play Maple Story online quite a bit

But then it got really hard so I stopped, then I lost the game .exe and haven't got around to downloading it again

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

StarCraft, Dark Age of Camelot and...probably Counter Strike, just because it was a blast when it was big :p

- Teddz

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Starcraft I loved. Warcraft III Multiplayer I loved (when we were underway). Counter-Strike Source and DoD Source were also biggies for me.

However at this very moment WoW has taken a firm hold of me and I can't seem to break loose. Damn you World of Warcraft. Damn you~

~W

7. Orion

Orion Gears

Well, can't you have a 32 person match in Halo 2 with Big Team Battle? I might be wrong, but I thought that it was 16 on 16... Anyway, another great online game (for me) is F.E.A.R. That game is so fast paced and intense. It's just awesome.

8. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I don't play any other games than Maple Story, which I don't play that much.

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

No. Halo 2 only supports 16 people. Be it 4 different X-Box's with 4 players each, or 16 systems with a player each. Still, no one's ever had tht much fun since it'll always lag in a game with such a big game.

-Seishin

10. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

shitt! how i miss starcraft!! ;________; i used to LAN..never went online .___.
    as santa knows i was a good gamer years ago! and now i'm with a lvl 46 warior on maple, scania "i play as a sissy gurl nowadays :sweat2: "...used to gunbound ;3 , i hate counter strike..i like MOHA! and i still can kick your ass on tekken!! you hear me teddz ;D mowahaha..
    shitt now i remember that i didnt post some tekken vidz ;X my brother he lives in japan...sent me some pics of tekken5 DR on arcades..aaggrrr..

11. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Id have to say, Warcraft III and Halo 2. But Halo 2 beats Warcraft. It shall aways beat it unless IT comes to change my mind.

12. Zanth

Zanth New Member

Probably Final Fantasy XI, tho I do play World of Warcraft, I just can't stop playing FFXI.

1 person likes this.
  13. Orion

Orion Gears

I see, but Halo 2 doesn't always lag. Make sure you have fast internet and a good connection and you should be good. Never had many problems with Halo 2 online much, spare the ocassional "All of Your Team Members Have Quit".

14. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

These are all my favorite online games...
    Maplestory
    Halo2(of course:D )
    Star wars battlefront2(for X-box, even though I don't have it I played it and loved it)!
    Runescape(It's not so great)

Really Halo is #1, but Star Was and Maplestory are tied to 2nd, then Runescape is 3rd!

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Which is why it's flawed. Unless you have the super fastest ever internet ever, in a 16 player match, there's about 75 percent chances it will lag.

I like Socom better since slow internet (still broadband though) can take up to around 16-24 players.

-Seishin

16. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

My two favorite online games are StarCraft and Ultima Online(before the Rennisance expansion). Ultima Online before the Rennisance expansion was considered the best MMORPG out there.

Text in a sig is still considered a sig. ;)

17. Orion

Orion Gears

Don't you think that most people would have decent internet by now? Oh well. Anyway, SOCOM is pretty fun, but now I'm getting into Call Of Duty 2 for the 360. Awesome game types (headquarters), and fun, intense action. Great game to play even with your friends on the couch.

18. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Not everyone has their X-Box next to their computers, nor can everyone afford those 100 dollar gadgets to play wireless games allright...
    I have a somewhat long running tradition of my sig having a picture. It's been a while since my sig didn't have a pic, nor a link. Besides, saying I don't have a sig isn't really a sig :p

-Seishin

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Technically it's a sig if there's anything entered in the "signature" section of your profile.

If I had clear.gif as my avatar, I'd still have an avatar. :p

PS: If anyone ever does want to play some online game with me, send me an IM and remember I play old games only. Like, pre-2000 era games. :p

20. Orion

Orion Gears

You take things... Way too literally. :p Like, what pre-2000 era games are you talking about? I like Age of Empires, fun to play on Deathmatch.