Video Games Favorite Online Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Orion, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Orion

Orion Gears

I never got into File # 2 for some reason. I've beaten every other Resident Evil but that one. When I found out it was another Outbreak, I just went meh and left it alone. I never realized that it was actually fun online, because some guys can be total goofs and screw up the whole game experience there, like hogging all of the weapons and first aid sprays. :p

Well, since my X-BOX Live subscription expired on Christmas, there has been no Online console gaming for me in a long time. It's all been computer, with F.E.A.R., Half-Life 2, UT 2004, and Battlefield 2. I throw in some Empire Earth here and there, and I'll start playing Age of Empires: The Conquerers as soon as I install it.

2. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

lol, ok then GW may be gud :p
    and we Brits ador the hunt xD

3. cure of saytan

cure of saytan New Member

i dont care really

4. Orion

Orion Gears

When you say you don't care, does that mean you don't have a favorite online game and play a whole bunch or you just don't care about online games at all?

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

On line gaming? WoW but I also play game games at pogo.

6. Orion

Orion Gears

Yes, online gaming. You know, with the on, and the line? :p Why does everyone play WoW when Guild Wars is just as good if not better and free? 'Tis a mystery... If I don't embaress myself by asking, what's pogo? :confused:

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Pogo is just a place where you play board games on line and etc.

www.pogo.com

8. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

when it comes to stratagy online games, it really has to be online chess, I know you guys will be like "WTF CHESS", but I like chess so I wnjoy it.;)

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Challenge you over YIM sometime :)

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Star Wars Battlefront II for PC or X-Box is dah ownage! Especially with the Content Download that you get. I love the redisgned (in a very small way) levels back from Battlefront I!

Star Wars Galaxies (Massive Online) is also a great online game. This of course not counting the "Starter Kit" which blows. Trials of Obi-Wan is preety fun, and I'm waiting on Empire at War for PC!

-Seishin

11. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I am starting to play runescape a lot more, and it is a lot of fun when you really get into it, really if you just arent good with running around and clicking 1 button to do stuff, this isn't your kind of game.

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

WoW (just hit 58 on my druid on lothar) i have alts all over the pve relms, a couple on kirin tor and earthen ring(rp servers) and won't touch the pvp ones.

guild wars is still installed. it's just so slow paced and repetative to me. if i want that, i can play pso and get fast paced, repetitive and friends to talk to while playing/goofing around. oh, and not get any penalties from death.
    i like wow for the fact that i can control the pace, my friends play it, and i just plain like it more. the pay/free thing doesn't even enter into it, other than that's why GW is still installed...

sooo, WoW and PSO ftw *^-^*

13. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I used to play runescape but now it sux, my name was SanctumDevil xD
    I now play conquer-online, that game kix ass, i also used to play Endless-online.

-.- YES I AM A NERD -.- :D

14. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

WoW.
    I love the world, the characters, the whole atmosphere. The fact it isn't that realistic shows they left room for "artistic input" which only builds further upon the style and heart of the game.

"Why not Guild Wars? It looks better and it's free!"
    Let's see... Gameplay? There's no deep crafting system, everything is crafted by NPC's. The only thing left to do there is to gather the items, and pay the fee.
    If you die, you have to start everything all over again. Sure, it's a penalty for dying, but the game feels more like work than playing.
    Everything is instanced, and it's just awkward, since convenient, LOGICAL movement is limited by the environment itself. (Bob the Barbarous is afraid of slight ledges and gets stuck behind a straw of grass). It also limits the amount of exploration. Ah well, there's nothing fun to explore in after pre-searing until you get to Kryta anyway..
    Graphics are nice, but I just don't want super realism. Also, in my opinion, the characters ain't got much character. The only thing my cousin and I could come up with is "let's find out if this character is gay or not". Also, I like character voices. Apart from grunts. When I press /laugh, I want to HEAR my character laugh.

Maybe the game will be more fun to me when new races arrive.. Though, I doubt I would buy an expansion.. At least, if it'll arrive at the same moment as "The Burning Crusade".

15. Orion

Orion Gears

Well, recently I have been playing Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War online. Fun RTS game that has lots of things to do. I know the game is old, but hey, it's fun. :) Space Marines, at hand! ;)

16. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Mine has been StarCraft. You gotta love the fact that wireless internet, boring lectures and friends with laptops go quite well together with StarCraft.

Although, I personally haven't done that...yet ;)

- Teddz

17. Orion

Orion Gears

Gaming during school hours Teddz? :p One of my favorite things to do in Computer class. We always like to play an online game that is installed in the school's Macs called Cro Mag Ralley. There's a Net Game mode, online in other words, and me and 5 or 6 other guys always set up games and race each other. We also play Survival, which is what sounds like, survive to win. :)

18. shadow_fox

shadow_fox New Member

i usually play runescape,it's ok,but the graphics aren't that good and sometimes when you step away from the computer sometimes it logs you out,it's irritating sometimes but it gets you not being bored

and what's this thing about guild wars,it sounds cool,could someone give me the website name for it?

19. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

I am in love with Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Disc 2 Persistence Online. Best game with so many damn words it isnt funny.

20. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I haven't bothered to check for a website, but its a PS2 game, so just check your local game shop for it, or ask someone who has it about it, thats all the help i can be with that :\