Video Games Favorite Online Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Orion, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Meh, I still enjoy it. :p

I'm talking Birthright, Bedlam, Starcraft, Warcraft 1 and 2, Diablo 1... Empire Earth would ahve to the the newest game I play.

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ahh, the days. I'd play a lot of computer Online games, but unfortunately, my copmuter isn't capable of cooking up such graphics.

I'll see if I can get Diablo I though, but it's been a while....

-Seishin

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Should probably mention I don't play these games online, mainly due to lack of a proper opponent in the strategy games and lack of interest in the Diablo style games. The single player was always more appealling.

Although a decent opponent might convince me to set it up again... ;)

4. Orion

Orion Gears

I'm playing Empire Earth as well. Lots of fun gametypes and eras. I love the Nano age. Mechs, dropships, lazers, etc. What's not to like? :p

5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I play World of Warcraft mostly (Gnome Warlock, level 29, on Dark Iron. Penny Arcade Alliance FTW, Disciples of DivX, baby!)

Though I also have Guild Wars which I play every once in a while.

6. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

FFXI i luved that game :p
    Until i forgot to pay ... buuut who cares ... fact is i luv that game xD

7. Orion

Orion Gears

Which do you guys think is better; Guild Wars or World of Warcraft? I say Guild Wars. Btter graphics, easier to play, nice little missions and great battle effects. Plus it's one of my favorite online games. :p

World of Warcraft just seems too big for me. Since there are millions of players, I would feel lost. I do like the enviroments and missions (I played a demo), but it's just too big.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

I'm a fan of the middle ages myself, up to the modern age. What can I say? After that it gets too complicated. I can't imagine the Space Age though, should give it a try...

Thing is I'm not very good at building from scratch. I'm awesome in the campaigns but I crash and burn in random scenarios. :p Still, p'raps it'd be worth a go?

9. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I know for a fact WoW is absolutely huge in terms of players and world size, but I heared Guild War's is totally crap from someone before... not sure if this is true, but it just looks like an mmorpg version of Champions of Norrath.

10. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Runscape. Me Jeremy, CJ, Hayden, and a few others get on their everyday..and do weird stuff..I LOVE THAT GAME ^_^

11. Orion

Orion Gears

Guild Wars is definately smaller, but it's deffinately not crappy. GW is nice and small, very manageable, and very fun to play. Online is always a plus, and if your not one for story mode, you can always play Player vs. Player (PvP), where you customize your hero and play against other countries for the championship. :p I've been to the finals a few times as an Elementalist, but we get crushed by Korea and the UK.

Shijin: "Oh man, we lost to the UK. AGAIN!"
    Shen: "He he he, the silly Americans. They'll never know..." :p

12. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Really X-box is really bombing on new online games...Star wars battlefront 2 was new one that I heard lots of good comments about...bad thing about Xbox live is the fast internet you need to play all the games...:eek:

13. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

i CHoose Warcraft 3 FT and CS Source... Starcraft is just getting boring. Whens SC2 comming out.

14. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

StarCraft 2? The only StarCraft thing that's coming out is StarCraft Ghost for PS2 and I think Xbox too. I doubt they'll ever make another expansion for StarCraft. :(

15. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Starcraft was a massive cashcow for blizzard. Right now the focus is on WarCraft, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start to shift gears back towards Starcraft. They made an obscene amount of money off of it and it would be idiodic of them to not to try to try again with a new product.

Ghost has been so "It's on, it's off, we dont know what it's doing" that I'm not going to hold my breath about it. If it's a badass game and it does very well then odds are favorable for them to delve back into the SC universe. God knows they left several things unanswered in the expansion pack.

~W

16. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Battlefield 2 - Love it. You get so involved.

I don't know how many times I've stated Wolf: Enemy Terrirtory in this forum. May it be one of my favourite games, favourite online game, favourite shooter or whatever... Wolf:ET is definately in there, was in my opinion the first successful online co-operative shooter which can host 64 on one map... It being free gave it extra bonus points too.

- Shen

17. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Ghost was suppose to come out in 2003 =p then sc2 was suppose 2 be made. They pretty srue they will make a SC2 since ALOT of people will want it if they do make it. I dont think ghost will be as good as other blizz games =/ im sure once tey done with WoW exp They will shift towards SC a lil bit more doubt a w4 will coem out =p cause if it does it will screw the WOW universe and if they make aWOS i will laugh my ass off Anyone hear of a D3?

COD2 Looks Like ass

18. Orion

Orion Gears

Battlefield 2 is indeed a great game. Very fun, maps, gametypes, and the like, but sometimes it felt like I was running the Mogadishu Mile or simply being shot when I respawn. I like online and all, but it's laggy for me, and I have a LAN-speed connection. Kinda depressing, but hey, right now I'm playing UT 2004, and no problems there. :)

19. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

In battle front 2, heres a cheap trick, if you want to play around with your opponent online...tell your friends to stay as far back from the last respawn gate the enemy has, not to capture it but to kill them when they come, it's hilarious!

Anyways that game was awsome...but once again you NEED high speed internet...lucky for me I have bright house internet...

20. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Currently, I've been playing a TON of Resident Evil Outbreak File #2...And some 25 To Life when the servers aren't packed so full that they disconnect you ever minute or so. -_-
    My XP is broken so no more Conquer Online or Jedi Academy.