Square Enix Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

For all those FFVII/FFVII AC fans out there. the AC OST is out today, so order your copy!

- Shen

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Had some of the songs (One Winged Angel and Main Theme AC Versions) and rule, can't wait to get it.

I'm kind of having a bit of a problem with my copy of AC. I got the SUB with subtitles. Problem is, subs come in a different file (.SSA), and two things, I need to know how to use them, and how to burn them with a DVD. Help! ToT

-Seishin

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I watched it a while ago. I'm no FFVII fan, but it was awesome. A lot better than I was expecting. Quite the show, anyway. All the major characters from the game showed up at some point. The voices were great; well chosen, matched nicely; and the music was pretty good. Lots of remixed FFVII music, and some new stuff. It shows some great work by Nobuo Uematsu. The remixed One Winged Angel theme was great.

One point that stuck out was...

Right after Tifa beat him up, Loz's cell phone began to ring, playing "Fanfare" as the ring tone. Classic :D

I agree, it was mostly made for the fans. But that by no means means it's bad. I enjoyed it. Ahh, but I suppose I'm less picky than a lot of people. :p

4. Dante

Dante New Member

Eh, it was still a good movie for one of the lesser FF games (in my opinion, which includes most of them).

And unfortunately the only song I would really like to hear repeatedly from AC, as far as I know, isn't on the OST. And that's the remix of the Turks' theme.

Yay for Tseng's return.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Anyone else think the soundtrack was a butchering? One Winged Angel didn't need an electric guitar out of nowhere; it's even worse than the version I heard that included maracas.

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

The crazy electrical guitar was a bit much, but for the high paced fight scene the old school version wouldn't have done. Hearing Tatakau Mono Tachi piano style while Tifa was fighting was a twist, I thought.

Anyone listen to the soundtrack? Some of the songs reminded me of Final Fantasy 8, such as Beyond the Wasteland and Battle in the Forgotten City. It sounds like they got the Black Mages crew together for some of the music too.

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

*shrugs* Maybe they should have left it without music, or done an original composition instead. Having a few bits of One Winged Angel in an overall new piece would have been much better than the original with a bad guitar played over it.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

I think you guys are just too picky. :p I thought the music for AC was pretty well done, as a whole, and it was kinda neat to hear One Winged Angel again. Although a lot of the time I didn't notice the music as much; I think I've gotten to used to always having music on in the background, I tend to forget it's there. I should probably download the OST and give it a listen sometime.

Anyway, AC is a great movie, but I have to say - Air Movie > FFVII: AC :D

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I actually like the new One Winged Angel. I heard the first edition of it (without electric guitar solos or drums and such), and that one was great too. I think the new one fits much more with a fight scene though. Listening already made me imagine it, but i haven't seen the movie quite yet :( (Need subs help!!)

-Seishin

10. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

WHAT?!

Pardon me while I cry my eyes out... I was looking forward to that. Maybe someone on vgmix or OCR can do thier own Turks remix in the same style as AC's sweet little mix. Many ppl there accept comissions.

Also I noticed a large portion of the music was from the FF:VII Piano Collections. Are those songs Feat. on the OST as well, or did they leave them out to make room for the new stuff? Remember Tifa's moment in the sun? That was the Piano Collection's rendition of "Fighting".

For anyone out there who was having trouble getting the Subs to work I'm told that BS Player plays it without any problems. I have the DVD iso's so I havent had that problem XD , but I've used BS player before and it's not too bad. Search it on Google. If I ever figure out how to get the Subs to work on Media Player I'll drop y'all a line on this forum.

Just to throw it out there: if any one here is interested in some good FF:VII OST remixes I can offer you some good recommendations.

~wert <3 FF:VII

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I think it's sad that I'm enjoying this movie a lot more with parody fansubs. If anyone is interested I can post a couple subtitle files. As for a few samples...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I'd like to see more of those parody fan subs. I'd also like to know where I could download the movie! Haven't gotten to see it yet. :(

13. wertitis

Subtitles

Okies about the ebil Subs on AC-

Dummy Check: I'm not sure if this makes any diff or not but try to make sure that both the .avi and the .ssa file have the SAME NAME and are both in the SAME FOLDER.

If you got the "small" version [movie file (usually avi)+ .ssa file] it's a little different for different players:

OPTION 1

Windows Media Player Classic: Should have a load subtitle option under file.
    Open the movie and then load the .ssa file.
    BS Player: Should be the same way.

OPTION 2

Uninstall all previous codecs you might have and go to here or you can go to here . The second link contains the CCCP Insurgent pack which will help clean up all the old codecs and hunt down any you might have missed. Install it (or both if you fancy). Then play. CCCP comes with 2 players so you can just pick one and run with it, or try it again with Windows Media Player Classic or BS. If anything you'll at least have the latest codec packs update and ready to go.

As always before you do any hardcore software swapouts (i.e uninstalling all your codecs) create a backup point in your "go-back" program or a Restore point in Window's system restore so that if things go south you can revert everything back to the way it was.

If you still have problems post. If there are any problems with the new codec packs PLEASE LET US KNOW so that we can dump the link.

If anyone knows of any other sites for retrieving the Codec pack (or links that DON'T take us to other forums) also let me know.

This will not only help with Advent Children but it also helps on any other movies you might have subtitled AND it helps ensure that your codecs are all compatible and will run the latest file formats. Yum :9

~Good luck all.

14. Reisti Skalchaste

I s'pose it has to be a .avi file, eh? No .mkv's or .mpg's?

And you wouldn't happen to know how it would work with my VLC player, would you? Iunno about you, but I don't feel like downloading six million more programs just to watch a movie with weirdo subtitles. :p

15. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

You referring to that bit of Rude and Reno discussing the power of the dynamite on the bridge nearer the end? That's actually inserted as part of the "The Chase of Highway" track (don't question the english, that's what it says, ok).

The duration of the remix is as long as the brief conversation between them two... It starts on 3:18 and ends 3:48.

- Shen

16. wertitis

Well I'll be dammed. I'm a little dissapointed, but at least it's on there. Thanks for pointing it out.

~W

17. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I just got done watching the movie and now I'm eating dinner (pizza). Due to grease I have to type with my right pinkie and left middle finger only.

*Possible Spoilers Ahead*

I say it was pretty good. I have no problem with the music from a movie standpoint because it adds a certain feeling that is needed at that point in the movie. That or maybe it's because I used to listen rock versions of J-E-N-O-V-A and a rap remix of One Winged Angel. :sweat: However if those songs were played in the game then I would probably have a problem with them. I don't like some of the physics that were used in it, though. If you use realistic graphics you should also use realistic physics. Also I didn't really like it that Cloud never used his Buster Sword.

18. wertitis

The music has a more modern, cutting edge feel to it. Frankly I enjoyed it a lot. Much like the FF:VII Series itself, the music has evolved and taken on a more gritty, serious tone. Frankly in a film staring a guy who rides around on a bike and waves a huge sword around, rock music seems fitting to me.

I got over the fact that he didn't pull out 'ole ironside. Think of it as a memento to the previous game. His newer blades are much more fun (as is his storage and removal systems XD).

Physics?! It's an anime based videogame using realistic CGs. Keywords: ANIME based.

How can someone who watches anime have a problem with the laws of physics being streched and distorted from time to time? At least they don't make it look campy and cheesy like many modern day kung fu movies that try to do the same thing. It looks smooth and natural, almost like they were meant to fly about like they do.

:3

19. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The human mind, when confronted with a realistic image performing unrealistic actions, does the equivalent of a double take. And given how even with the original Final Fantasy 7 people complained about Clouds sword, you can only stretch them so far.

20. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

.......What? That didn't make any sense. It's a CG Movie as a sequal to a video game. It has nothing to do with anime.

I just prefer physics that are good enough so that when a person gets shot in the head at point blanc range they get more then a small scratch.