Full Metal Alchemist Fullmetal Alchemist~!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by *Fabee*, Jan 20, 2004.

1. ShinigamiSenshi

ShinigamiSenshi New Member

is the series still being subbed? i figured all groups would stop since it got licenced.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

it seems they stopped after episode 32...

3. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I saw episode 34 and its one of my favorite episodes so far. So many things happened in it ^o^ I would love to have the show keep the same pace, but after watching the preview of the next episode I was extremely disappointed. It seems like a filler episode :(

4. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

From what I've heard and seen, there are a filler episode or two near the end, but nothing that bad. I still need to see 26 on though, I caught the train too late... heh.

5. NoDa

NoDa New Member

Well, I haven't seen it yet, but my friend in Japan told me it was really good. I hope i can catch it sometime. So I technicaly only know the base of the story, but it sounds REALLY cool! :D

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I hear it will come to Cartoon Network in October this year. So there's that chance to see it before it comes to DVD. I really need to see 33+

7. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I'm rather unhappy that it's coming to CN. *grr* Just like my precious Kenshin, soon, all my FMA havens will be swarming with stupid fans. -_-

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I know what you mean.. but maybe we'll get stuffed Al and Ed dolls from Wal~Mart!

9. UFOtaku

OMG! *insanefangirlscreech* You're RIGHT! :eek: Must... have...

I'm so obsessed that my sister and I have delcared ourselves brothers! I call her Al, and she calls me Ed. When we grow up, we're gonna be the Jafri sisters, and do experiments to make transmutation possible. *nodnod*

10. SexehSeacow

SexehSeacow New Member

quote UFOtaku:
    OMG! *insanefangirlscreech* You're RIGHT! Must... have...

I'm so obsessed that my sister and I have delcared ourselves brothers! I call her Al, and she calls me Ed. When we grow up, we're gonna be the Jafri sisters, and do experiments to make transmutation possible. *nodnod*

I just hope it goes better than it did for the Elric brothers... good luck :sweat:

11. UFOtaku

Eehee, thank you. I've actually been looking around my room and picking out things to put my sister's soul into, if necessary...

12. SexehSeacow

SexehSeacow New Member

you better find something more durable than those wal mart dolls....

13. UFOtaku

xD I think I'm gonna use those little wooden model figures you have for drawing, y'know? But... it would be scary if she didn't have a face. Blind, deaf, and mute. o_0

We'd probably do it in the garage, though...

I could turn her into a lawnmower! Would it be able to talk, I wonder?

There's really nothing else quite like a suit of armor, eh? Wonder what would've happened if they didn't have those.

14. ghoul

ghoul New Member

Talmud

"You are a creature of magic; go back to your dust"--talmud circu 75 b.c.

Perhaps you arn't familure
    with the old jewish legend of the golem.
    The word golem is said to be dervived from gelem meaning "raw materials".Psalms 139:16 Sounding familure yet?
    In the Talmud its a man made man, that therefore lacks a soul. In the jewish faith this meant free will. Its a creature that only exist to fullfill the wish of its creator.
    In its most recent incarnation a variant of "the golem of Prauge" the creature goes haywire and the rabbi deconstructs it, turning it back to clay. This story is used in the second ghost in the shell movie "Truth," should be marked on its forehead; to destroy the creature, the first letter must be obliterated, forming the word met, whose meaning is "death." Remember how the major used the story to help him solve the puzzle (she was playing with letter blocks).
    When I say recent incarnation, im talking after the days of blood libel (the christians would plant the dead bodies of children in jewish homes and claim that the jews used their blood for passover).
    The other version of the story inspired superman (where they got the flying and lazer vision I'll never know). Superman is the inspiration for dragonball z.
    The story of the golem combined with the true story of an alchemist who sought eternal life in frankenstein. The man was digging up bodies from the frank estate and experimenting with preservitives. He sought eternal life, wound up using mercury and arsenic on himself. This kept the body limber and preserved, this mixture was later used by embalmers, who would spread it on the skin. It would still be used today, if it wasn't so dangerous to be around. Heavy metals and poison.
    Youd be suprised how old these plots are, I guess there realy isn't anything new under the sun...perhaps thats why they call them plots (as in land to plant bodies in). Old stories dug up and reinterperted to fit modern day.
    I'm just happy to find orriginal "elements" in anime these days. The most orriginal one I've ever seen is Akira... what does that tell you.

15. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Uhhh..eh..erm? That's one long...statement. Anyway.
    If siblings could be turned into something better then I'll be sure to use alchemy as well. =o

16. Sword Alchemist

Sword Alchemist New Member

I love Fullmetal Alchemist. My favorite characters are Roy Mustang, Maes Hughes and Ed Elric. I've only seen up to episode 26 on Adult Swim. Episode 25 had to be the saddest episode so far.

17. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

ah, roy... *drool*... *looks at sword alchemist's avatar...* *drool's some more...*

18. i_luv_shuichi

i_luv_shuichi New Member

New to FMA

undefined im new to full metal Alchemist (saw it through a friend ) ive seen up to epidode 13 plus ive seen the last episode, and i find myself a lot like Ed (espsiclly the fact that im super short and take it very personally lol) anyway i'd love to find out more about it, it ROCKS!!!!!

ps. the part with Nina is SOOOOOOOO sad i cried .. :(

19. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

FullMetal Alchemist is awesome. I own a lot of it's merchandise also. Maes Hughes is the best, and Roy Mustang is kinda cool. I can't wait for the next new episode.