Cosplay and Conventions Have you ever been to an Anime Convention?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Vash - T.S., Nov 8, 2002.

?

Have you ever been to an anime convention?

1. Yes.

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. No.

38 vote(s)
    45.8%
  3. Yes, I cosplayed.

21 vote(s)
    25.3%
  1. Vash - T.S.

Vash - T.S. New Member

Has anyone ever been to an anime convention??

I was wondering because im supposed to go to one on the 16th ... well actually im going because my mom is a star trek fan and she's going to a star trek convention, but there's and anime convention going on at the same place. I just wanted to know if there's going to be a whole bunch of weirdos dressed up as characters and screaming KAME-HAME-HA or is it cool??

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Screaming "Kamehameha" isn't cool? Damn, that's a new one on me! ;) Seriously though, doesn't that depend on you? Here, in LA area, we have Anime Expo (isn't it the biggest anime con in the US?) every year and LOTS of people dress up in character. Personally, some people look dorky, and some people look GOOD. I'd just like to think it's part of the anime atmosphere and to take it in stride and try to enjoy it!

3. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I went to one of the anime Expo things once. I also went to a anime festival thing at Japan. The 16th... I'm going to LA on the 16th. But I'll probably end up going to only Little Tokyo for a while to buy some mangas & CDs. Izzy, have you ever been to Little Tokyo, at LA? It's the coolest place, sort of.:p

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I've been to two, had a blast at both...

In the second one I ended up singing Fly Me to the Moon as a kareoke in a bar at 3 am (as part of the con)...

LOL fun times fun times.

They're great.

And there will be geeks, sure, but there'll be awesome people as well. All walks of fan-dom are present.

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Actually Inu-girl, I don't go to LA that often, and I haven't been to Little Tokyo at all. Although, I probably will go there soon, to get myself some stuff. :D I really should though, pops always said we'd go, but either parent or me ends up busy as the weekend comes...:(

6. Kyo935

Kyo935 New Member

Ive been to couple before, I love dressing up as a ninja(and look good) ^__^v

7. auska

auska New Member

Hello I have a question

Um I live in the United Kingdom, and was woundering were I could get ant cosplay costumes from Does anyone know?
    xx :shy3:

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Cosplayers usually make their own costumes, or rip off other halloweenie costumes and modify those to look the way they want to.

9. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

Auska, you live in the UK too?!
    :D I never met other cosplay fans in the UK before
    (my friends do dress up as anime charachter for halloween, but cosplay is pretty much alien ^_^')
    It's really hard to get the right stuff for costumes here hu?
    The best help I can think of, is to find the style of thing your looking for and dye it ^_^

10. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

I havent been to an anime convention yet.....
    Otakon was in my town this past July.I would of went,but I had no idea it was there until a few days after it was over.

Next time Otakon stops in my town,Im going.I wont cosplay though.....:sweat2:

11. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Have you ever been to an anime convention? If yes, what was it called? When was it?

12. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Yes i have been to 2 anime conventions they were: Anime North and CN Anime. At anime north I cosplayed as Wolfwood from Trigun.

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

yes I went to this year's AnimeNorth in TO. went as Quistis. anyways. baka me. didnt look at the program. next year I'll be more into knowing whats going on and where. maybe do some karaoke next time too! ^___^

14. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

yes I have I have been to all three years of BAAF, AXNY and AnimeNEXT (If you want to DiaKiaju I went to a very small convention of that which sucked)

15. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

No... *pout* But! I'm hoping I get to go to one (or two, or THREE, maybe! ^_^) if/when I get to college in New York (not City) next year. (Edit!) I think it's called Big Apple Anime Fest. ^_^; If I do cosplay, I want to go as Ritsuko from Eva. ^_^;;

16. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

OTAKON! I go to Otakon, it's only a few hours away and it's tons of fun. I should tell some M2A-ers to meet me there next year! I can't wait... I missed it this year though, and the year before I went as Mononoke Hime. Otakon is in Baltimore, Maryland.

17. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

It is called Big Apple Anime Fest or BAAF i have gone for the past 3 years which is all it had existed.

18. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Nope, they are mostly in America, are they?? :confused:

Anyway, I plan to see if there are many people who love anime or even manga, and maybe do one of my own [that's like, in lots of years :p]

19. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

NO.....but I really wanted to go to the one in New York...*sniff*

Misao