Cosplay and Conventions Have you ever been to an Anime Convention?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Vash - T.S., Nov 8, 2002.

?

Have you ever been to an anime convention?

1. Yes.

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. No.

38 vote(s)
    45.8%
  3. Yes, I cosplayed.

21 vote(s)
    25.3%
  1. ABSOLUTE AZN

ABSOLUTE AZN New Member

I haven't been to an anime convention, mostly because my friend tell me that people cosplay as neon genesis characters... and i just loathe people who shame that great anime by their lack of work into their costumes..

2. whaddadumsheet

whaddadumsheet New Member

never been, jus missd a big1 a week ago, but i have been to several hunting and gun conventions... :anime: :sweat: but if i did go, id cosplay as a ANBU ninja(so i could wear a mask and noone could say i dont look like the character

3. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

Nope. I have never been to one. Does that stuff ever happen in Alabama? heh for some reason the idea of wearing a costume bothers me. My friends did manage to get me to dress up for the Georgia ren fair though. heh this booth tried to sell me shoes... I'm guessing because there were no medival tennis shoes :sweat2: of course there were no medival L.L. Bean book bags either, yet no one bothered me about that.

4. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I WILL be going to one. It's going to come England :D Going to be held at Leicester University for 3 days commencing 11th August 2006 (until 13th)... I've got 3 friends who have agreed to go... just waiting for the online registration to open -_-

Anyone interested should check out Amecon 2006

- Shen

5. sakura05

sakura05 New Member

yes i went to the biggest anime convention on the east coast the otakon convention

6. Battousai1

Battousai1 New Member

Kenshin

Yeah i went to 2005 Anime Central in Rosement, Illinois. I cosplayed as Kenshin Himura, the Battousai.

7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Last convention I went to was ConCon up here in CT. It was rather good for a smaller convention. I mean, I loved the dealers room for it. Mostly manga..>.> And we all know I am a manga fiend! *dances* So yeah, the tournaments were adorable and I got third in their SC2 tourny. Made my week really. I can't wait for it this year...

25-27 of july in hartford, ct.

=)

8. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I just realized, only time I ever posted in this thread was telling someone else it was okay. XD Pay attention, Baph!

I've been a regular volunteer at Nan Desu Kan in Denver, CO for the past three years and plan on doing it again this next October. I worked security at Ikasucon in Cincinnati, OH this past year in July (if I remember correctly). Also, last March, I was at AniZona in Phoenix, AZ. I have cosplayed at all three, as both Shino (Naruto) and Reiji (Dragon Drive). I have also been asked to work security at A-Kon in Dallas, TX but could not due to time constraints; I might actually be able to do that this year.

9. Warsaw Pact

Warsaw Pact New Member

I just went to Megacon. Pics will be posted in the pics section.

10. Nat's Revenge

Nat's Revenge New Member

Definitely Been to One

I have only been to one convention solely for Anime/Manga. It was the Big Apple Anime Fest. Went to the last one ever. :sad: However, there are a lot of mini comic conventions in NY that has a big anime/manga vendors. Not many artists attend.

I went to NY's 1st Ever NEW YORK COMICCON in Feb 2006 & it was the best ever. It was so packed at Jacob Javitz Center the fire dept had to turn people away and ask people to leave. :cool: People actually came from surrounding states to the convention. There was a lot of Costplay and a lot of anime/manga. VIZ, Del Rey, Tokyo Pop are a few publishers that were there. Screenings of a lot of new and upcoming anime. It was great. I am looking forward to next years comic com. :anime: :D

If anyone's interested, www.nycomiccon.com

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

For me, going twice, once inexeperienced/confused, then the second time going to all the talks/venues/masquerades etc.. it was enough for me to experience 'the convention experience' I know in the future I'll go again, but for now I'm happy and it's cheaper for me to find what I want online...

It was nice being able to dress up and have everyone yell your character's name and take pics of you though ^___^

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Indeed.

First convention, I was completly lost.

Second, well, there was a lot of hugs :p I love how people recognise Mustang and Hughes so easily, and when together, pwn3d.

XD

-Seishin

13. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I went to one in my city. Actually it was an anime + comic + everything else convention. I felt lost in there :( No cute anime, no free anime being played, just merchandise T.T

14. BSaphire

BSaphire New Member

Awww

That's terrible ^^( I hope that you try it again.... and it turns out awesome!!

Just a quick update...
    2006 cons.....(for me that is *giggles)

Anime Los Angels ~ January ~ Los Angeles California
    Sakura-Con ~ March ~ Seatle Washington
    Sac Comic Toy & Anime Faire ~ every three months
    Fanime 06 ~ San Jose California
    Sac Anime Con ~ Sacramento California
    Anime Expo ~ Los Angeles California
    Anime Overdose ~ August ~ San Fransico California
    JTAF 4 ~ Sept ~ SF, CA
    ?Nan Desu Kan ~ Denver Colorado
    ? AniMagic ~ Lancaster California
    Yaoi Con ~ October ~ SF, CA

& 1/2 a dozen other get togethers....

15. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

never been to an anime con , but i bet its funny as hell watching the cosplay ppl xD

easily amused

-rai-

16. RikaLin

RikaLin New Member

I've been to two this year, and hopeing to go to another one the end of July! I can't wait, Aaron Dismuke, Jeff Nimoy and Quinton Flynn are going to be there! Along with a lot of other super awesome people! *does her happy dance* Can't wait, can't wait, can't WAIT!!!
    ~Eri

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Tsk Tsk Tsk. Unfaithful one. :p

It's Anime Festival Orlando.

And it also happens to bring Vic Miginona (Edward Elric!) and Chirstopher Sabat (Alex Louis Armstrong; Piccolo on Dragon Ball Z), and the guy that played Nicholas D. Wolfwood!

PWN3D

-Seishin

18. RikaLin

RikaLin New Member

Dur! I know that you silly goose! lol You guys are going right? I'm trying to get my friend to drive me up there, because i wanna go all weekend. it's so exciting! I can't wait! Thank god I work 5 days a week now. More work equals more money which equals more things to by at AFO!

19. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Never been to one but I really want to go to one

20. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

ConnetiCon is coming up. I'm kinda happy for that one. =P

Edit: 700th post.