Debate How do you feel about the U.S government

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alla Bloom, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

I don't! Even though I'm Canadian I sure as heck don't trust them! Bush has to be the worst president ever! I preferred Bill Clinton! Sure, he might have had a sexual relationship with an intern but he didn't start a meaningless war, did he?

I *really* wished that George Dubbya had choked on that pretzel...

2. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

The government sucks. I hate it, I hate teh way tehy do things, and I hate teh way they are.

But from experience, I can tell ya, that an anarchy isn't much better.

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Re: Re: How do you feel about the U.S government

Meaningless wars? What about the war in Somalia (there's much more to the Black Hawk down story) and the Serbia war? What happened to when Clinton bombed an Iraqi asprin factory, killing a bunch of innocent people, while claiming that he had intelligence confirming that it was a chemical/biological/nuclear (not sure which one) weapons site? Strange how I never heard even the slightest protest against these things, yet all hell breaks loose when Bush uses the military. Here's a piece off the internet that I found true. I know some people will think or claim that it's not legitimate, i'll work on finding something better later. If you think Clinton was such a goody-goody (except for the scandle) president, then you don't know the dirty side of politics. Clinton makes such good material, but almost all of the presidents have some political plot that goes along with any deed. I don't doubt Bush has something of this sort, but thats also not saying that he does.
    http://www.twf.org/News/Y1998/19981219-FitsBill.html

I trust the government with a few issues, those issues depend on what party is in power and who the presendent is. Currently, i'm pleased with the national government, but am eager to knock the teeth out of governer Gray Davis for what he did to our state.

4. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I personally agree with the Bush administration. He is one of the best presidents that we have ever had.

and those of you who say you don't like the way our gov't is. Maybe you should look at other countries, and then look at your high-tech cell phones and your new laptops that you have.

lots of protesters go and protest things like "send your son to war not mine". I hope they realize that those boys who have enlisted into the army are doing it to serve their country. And they do it because they love America. Thats what the Army is for.

I will grant that our gov't has problems but, it's not Because of president bush, and I wave my republican flag and vote for him to return to be our great leader once again.

when the gov't sends troups somewhere I'm going to bet that they know something that we don't. The reason they do this is so that the dumb minority doesn't mess it up for the majority.

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

<insert unnecessary flaming>

<FFS, guys, you all know I'm not going to let this kind of stuff be posted in here. Please stop making me edit and delete your posts. - Ark>

6. Dark_Dreams

Dark_Dreams New Member

Personaly I believe Bush was right in invading Iraq but if he starts to rule over it than I've lost all respect for him. For me 911 was like a wake up call to the gov't about the violence and the situation in the middle east. As for all the secrecy accusations thats been going around I believe in the age old saying the people have a right to know. I don't know and probably no one knows if Bush was exagerating, but I believe there still would have been an invasion eventually.

7. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

I agree with Exiz.

That is all.

8. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Yes, but where your post states problems and doesn't flame, Lepper's post was just flamebait, which is why yours is still here, and his has been burninated.

I've noticed this. It's sad that people undermine their own cause so much by not learning how to organize their thoughts into a coherent manner, and to accept other viewpoints and allow for the fact that no one is right all the time.

- Ark

9. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

heheh, I love you ark :D

10. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

lol i think that the government is going down hill. Plain and simple. i can't trust it anymore from all the stories and different viewpoints i have heard. Truth is i am still young adn i accept that adn i'm not gonna be a stupid know it all kid and say stuff i don't really have thorough knowledge about. but if the government has sides to it like the ones i have heard from toehrs then i really think that the US government is not doing things right at all....i could go into all the things i have opinions on but there are too many and i'll jsut end up rambling lol ^_^

11. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

I hate the US Government, they suck, they can't do anything right. They just sit on their asses doing nothing. Bush is a bad president, Clinton is better, and I think Clinton is funny. That's all I have to say, not much reasons, I just hate the government!

12. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

If you hate the US government but don't have any reasons for that hatred (Other than adolescent stuff like 'they suck'), why in the world should any of us care about a word you say?

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

http://www.kmfdm.net/news.html
    please scroll down to the list beginning at 8-29-03. it's a very interesting read and also illustrates(without me having to type) why i am currently plotting to never vote for a Bush.

14. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

*nods* I feel about the same way....sounds like california right now...stupid Govenor Davis....

Misao

15. c0ke

c0ke New Member

OMG, now I thought I only had a few reason to hate Bush, but that article from kmfdm gives me more of a reason to hate that son of a ***** and tell my dad to vote for the other guy next election (My whole family in fact).

Off subject; You may find me crazy or insane saying this but on the day of the 9/11 attack I told my friends that I think Bush and Osama Bin Laden planned the attack together, either that or Bush is Bin Laden. I may sound insane saying that but that's what I think...

Of course I also made a Blue's Clues episode in my head where Blue would lead that guy in the green sweater in a clue hunt and the answer to the clues is terrorist attack on the WTC and the Pentagon.

16. Alakai

Alakai New Member

Even though I live in the United States, I do not agree at all with the government. Lets start with our past president, Clinton. He was an embarrassment to our country. First he gets high and then he commits adultry. How could we let this scumbag be president? I heard on the news once that people vote for the coolest name on the ballot. People don't take elections seriously; at least here in the US. Now back to Bush. He is trying to make our country the "Global Police." We go into Iraq against the UN's will and now look at us. Everyday American and Britist troops are being killed by car bombs and such. They even bombed UN HQ in Iraq. That goes to show how we weren't prepared for this. The Iraqi people don't know how to work with a Democratic government and the result will be chaos because they will take advantage of it. I can't wait 'till the 2004 elections next year. This time I hope we take voting more seriously and elect a president who can govern this country as it should be governed. Thats my two cents.