Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese when...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloud, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

...I overdose on Japanese things!

I cooked a Japanese meal (Salmon Teriyaki with Japanese wheat noodles) on Monday and went to a Japanese film (Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence) on Saturday, not to mention my daily doses of DBZ on Cartoon Network Europe and Love Hina!

John.
    --

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

... I make ambitious plans!

to get a Japanese minor, move to Japan and work in a japanese company to get closer to the anime/manga/culture I love!

-UK

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I think I turn Japanese when I switch on Japan Satelitte Television just to see the News and Japanese soap opera(what ever it's called. I don't know I don't speak japanese @_@).

I like to collect small kawaii little things ( keychians etc.) and put them on my backpack... I prefer chopsticks over fork and knife. Rices cakes over chocolate and biscuits. Love all kinds of fish and vegetables... especially broccoli and cali flower. *don't know why but I love them both*
    Read a lot of manga books. Try to learn a couple of japanese words. :dizzy2:

4. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Ah I wish I still had JSTV, Sky Digital don't show it.

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I seriously need to get a hold of TV Tokyo! they have everything on that station... but I think I turned Japanese when I started eating everything with chop sticks a while back, and when everything I watched was anime ^_^

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

TV Tokyo ;.; ... aww...
    I watch anime at RTL II and it's all german. When I watch anime there, I turn more german than Japanese ... :sweat2: There is a french channel called MANGA and I can't gain access to;; Only the promotional channel. It's better than german I agree since I can understand a little. "It shows anime day to night" it says ;.; ... Aww... I want those channels ;.;...

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Japanese culture is creeping up everywhere around me, it seems.
    I found myself watching a Japanese movie on CFMT last weekend (that's a Canadian multilingual network, by the way), and after watching the first hour and a half or so, I turned it off ... I actually thought it wasn't too bad, though ... although the person playing the lead was atrocious. I also recently got one of those tourist books on how to say basic things like "How are you?" and "Is that a Kabuki theatre?" in Japanese as a gift ... I'm even trying to make my D&D game at school as anime-style as possible from a pen-and-paper game ...
    Here's the real kicker: I even got my dad to start eating with chopsticks! We went to a restaurant, and he ordered some Japanese theme meal (which probably wasn't Japanese at all though), and it came with normal utensils and chopsticks, and I made him use the latter.

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Japanese-style is dominating everything, from fashion to comic books. There will be a comic book produced by the marvel comics having japanese-anime-style drawings. This shows the amount of impact the japanese anime became on the manufacturing industries.

9. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

*GO JAPAN!!* thats so cool i love their fashion lol which reminds me(to the theme of the thread!!)--...you look through japanese clothing magazines and although you cant read most of the writing you still go crazy when you find them!!!^.^ the only words i can read are the english ones...they put crazy stuff on their shirts!!one i saw had a girl with a muzzle type thing screaming and had all this english talking about (i forgot what they called it) this place that was 'an orgy of lust where girls are disiplined' or something freaky like that...makes ya wonder what our shirts with japanese writing actually say...

10. UrashimaKeitaro

I'm turning japanese 'cause I see the romanization of a Japanese word before the actual english word in lots of cases... for instance, the Misc thread, 'Dare' I always see 'Who' in Japanese whenever I see it... D'oh

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Boku wa aho da yo.

11. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

...when I go to Japanese restaurants, speak Japanese with my friend(s), watch SUBBED animes, and listen to Japanese songs.

12. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Here here Sachiko! :D ::Does all the same things:: ^^ I never eat with a fork and spoon anymore...I use my chopsticks..ALL the time. I even get importanted chopstick holders from my family ^^ Its great. Oh yeah...and...I have taken up lessons in Japanese for almost 2 years now ^^!!!

13. hellmaster

hellmaster New Member

oyoyoyoy

I know I'm turning japanese when my dad is japanese....hum...yeah. My mum is Arabian (Jewish) and me dad is Japanese ^_^ which makes me glad I wasnt born anytime near the 2nd world war...

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'll get back to this thread when I actually learn how to use the darned things!

Seriously, I've had people try to teach me how to hold 'em before, and they all give up in frustration... I'm chopstick impaired...

As for the original subject, naahhh...I'm far from it...

BakaMattSu, Far Out!

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

when I open my door, and Hello Kitty greets me!
    when I eat Kraft dinner with chopsticks, and wonder why my rice tastes cheesy
    when I respond to my roommates in Japanese
    when I wear mini skirts to school and wave a magic
    wand
    when I swear my rabbit speaks to me
    when I actually pursue a business career
    when I finally go to Japan and BECOME A JPOP HIT
    SENSATIONNNNNNNNN!!!!!

16. Energizer Bunny

hehhehheh im glad i aint the only one!!almost every single time i go for chinese or japanese i try and everyones like 'its so easy' and im like EEK!i dont get it:( i guess its my whole blonde mind thing...oh well, although i can stab chicken with a chopstick and eat it like that...rice is harder though^.^

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

That's why rice comes in those little bowls...!

I've got a big mouth , so I just toss the whole thing in one gulp!

BakaMattSu, "Seconds Please!"

18. Energizer Bunny

well i guess that would solve my problem right there...probably get strange looks from the other people...but i get those anyway so down the hatch!!*grabs a bowl of rice and pours it into her mouth* mmm...good....uhhmmm....ye..ah...hmmmm *thinking:i probably look like chipmuck or something!great!*

19. hellmaster

hellmaster New Member

^^;

Do japanese people do all of that?

I didn't learn to use chopsticks up 'till two years ago... Just one day, I was playing with them and BOOM! LOOK DADDY! I'M USING CHOPSTICKS! *and then the dark clouds parted and the lord smiled down upon us all*

I bet most of you know more japanese than meeeeeee...

Mai engrish ish berry OK, hai! are you UNDERSTANDMENT?

20. UrashimaKeitaro

I've never had a problem operating chopsticks actually, they kinda came naturally to me (strange, I'm of Nordic decent and was raised in the center of the US, you'd think I wouldn't be able to operate something so manual dexterity challenging as chopsticks)

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~
    it's sticky rice so it sticks together, you pick up whole clumps at a time!