Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese when...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloud, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I know how to use them, but not the proper way... something about keeping part of your finger in between the chopsticks.. well I can pick stuff up with chopsticks.. majority of the time its food, so its all cool... I had to find my own way to use them too, cuz all the people I know who know how to use them are right handed, and I always have to think and learn backward if its going to apply to my left-handedness...

anyways, I learned the proper way to eat rice, is having the bowl right next to your mouth and start dishing the rice out with the chopsticks. at least 60% of the rice goes into your mouth and not onto the floor.

Thank you Goku, for showing me the way to eat rice!

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

is there anything that man hasn't taught us?

i rarely use chopsticks even when I eat chinese food, i just can't be bothered :)
    i can lift things with them, but it's slow going. and using the shovel (fork) is a lot faster

3. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

Hmmmmmmm.....

Well I'm totally into Japanese stuff! Whenever I go to the school Library i usually always get a book about Japan. I haven't tried to use chopsticks.... but I think I will now!

I also buy animerica and tons of Manga. right now I am trying to expand my horizens on Anime. Basicly, right now I am into the Revolutionary Girl Utena thing! sooooo..... If there is an Anime or Manga you guys think I should check out come and tell me!

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I was in my Communications class using chop sticks that I was going to take photo's of when suddenly a crowd formed around me and people were yelling "TEACH ME OH GREAT MASTER!!!". So after falling over and calling them all baka's with my friends I showed them how... I haven't been able to convert them to the light side of Otaku ways yet though.
    I'm not sure if I'm really turning Japanese, but I am turning into Vash The Stampede though... especially yelling "LOVE AND PEACE!!" throughout the hallways.

5. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

I dont think it's possible to turn Japanese o.o; But we can think it! :D

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Oh to imbrace the Japanese Culture!

So far ive imbraced a lot of its culture, Ive love to do judo, ive learned to use chop sticks.. but only ever used them once at a friends house when this Lady from Japan made us a Japanese Diner.. (AND MAN DOES THERE RICE ROCK COMPARED TO OURS!)

Anyway one day ill make my way over the pacific ocean to visite!

KaMeKAZi

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I don't think I should try...I'm too impaired any way I look at it...:p

"Hiten Mitsurugi Steak Style!"

8. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

>D Ii've taken Karate for 4 years now...Raimu-chan can kick some ***!!!! Almost to a blackbelt ^^!!!!!!!!!!

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

i'm trying my damn hardest to get into Japanese 5 at the college. Get in the habit of calling my little sister a kaijyuu (monster, my ex used to *LOVE* CCS and made me watch them with her...:anger2: ), call my friend(s) bakas and bakemonos, celebrated White Day (much to the chagrin of my CURRENT girlfriend), talk in broken Japanese (ala Shampoo) to my friends who also talk in Japanese, eat my Filipino corn beef and rice with chopsticks and a bowl, eat a Japanese meal at *least* once a week, have twice as many Japanese .mp3's as english songs, wonder why Saturday morning cartoons have no subtitles, have a picture of myself and my classmates wearing yukatas, know what a yukata *is*, write constantly in hiragana and katakana, call my current girlfriend "usako" ("my little bunny," yeah, got this from sailor moon...my baby sis loves the S movie), cruise through town with the Ranma Doco 1st/2nd soundtrack, have the kanji for eternity across the door to my room, read nutrition labels in the anime store near the college in japanese, actually say "moshi moshi" on the phone, and actually SAID "koko wa doko da" (a la Ryouga) when I got lost in LA, and *finally*

have "I'm turning Japanese" on my cellphone as my ring.

Too much? :sweat2:

10. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

LOL
    Izzy, you should go see a doctor :)

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

oh? why? :D

***imma post *****...:(***
    *giggle*

12. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

I think im turning Japanese when:::

Hehe multiple things here....

1. Most of my computer's 5 GB Hard Drive is devoted to Bemani and JPOP :D
    2. I spend $25 a week an the Japanese music games (Bemani)
    3. I spend $80 to buy DDR Home Version :(
    4. I stay up till 1:00 to watch the Midnight Run on Cartoon Network :eek:
    and finally....
    5. I stay up till 2:00 on saturdays to watch old reruns of Tenchi and Outlaw Star :dizzy2:

13. YokoburiKinura

Whoa... I gotta admire Izzy. He really sets new standards for enthusiasm.

I thought I was getting there now that I understand a lot of isolated words and some cool grammar structures, but I'm only in the second level course of Japanese at my university. I've got a volume of Angelic Layer, the seventh volume of Evangelion manga, a good kanji dictionary, and a Sanseido's Daily Concise - I'm gonna work hard this spring and summer to improve my literacy and listening comprehension.

But that's for after I survive my Japanese final on Tuesday...

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

it's not enthusiasm, nor an obsession. i'd think it's drawn to me as much as i'm drawn to it. and good luck on your final, i have a test that day myself.

15. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Feh. I've got a blackbelt in Tae-Kwon-Do,and am working on one in Kuk Sool Won. AND I'm studying InuYasha's fighting technique! :p BEAT THAT! j/k on the InuYasha bit! :D

Re: Matt's comment about chopsticks:

I'm okay with chopsticks. The problem comes late in the meal when I risk RSI from long-term use of chopsticks...

InuYasha - maybe it's just the way I'm holding them...

16. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I think I am Japanese when you think about it since every one in my family was born in Japan other than me and my sister. The first language I spoke was Japanese too, so I guess I am.:dizzy2:

But, sometimes makes me feel like totally different from the others like my clothing ( I'm the only person I know in America who wares those loose socks), apperence, and interests. but I still do have friends so I guess that's all that matters. :p

Sorry if there are alot of spelling errors in my writing, it's just not the thing I'm the best at.;)

17. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I seriously think that they should have a book on how to hold chopsticks, and stuff. I still can't get it right.:dizzy2:

18. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I wish I was so immersed in it as actual Japanese people...but, I'm stuck being Filipino...which I'm proud of too! :D

19. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

I think I'm turning Japanese when I start saying "Taku!" or "Mattaku!" instead of "Seesh!"

InuYasha - Taku!

20. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I started getting into the Japan thing in 7th grade because that's what they teach about, Asia.

then I like found out that DBZ, Sailor Moon, ect. was made really in japan. and I figured out that it all was mutilated so it could be seen by little kiddies. so I started to research Anime, Manga, Japanese customs, and anything that had to do w/Japan. and started getting into, so I bought books and cds to help me learn it!

some of my friends started calling me a Japanese freak! it was funny cause I know they were joking.

:D