Inu-Yasha Inuyasha-Kagome

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Inuyasha_Demon, Nov 26, 2002.

?

Inuyasha and Kagome-couple

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

While I'll fully agree that Kikyo does, in fact, very likely serve some sort of purpose which remains to be seen, I'll have to disagree with you there (but this is all opinion, so don't mind me ^_^).

We do actually have a fair amount of knowledge of Kikyo/Inuyasha's relationship, since Viz created a few filler episodes describing their relationship in greater detail then the sparse flashbacks strewn throughout the series. From what I can tell (and this is my take on it) Kikyo and Inuyasha were drawn to one another simply because they shared a common lonliness - both had been austrisized throughout the course of their lives and in a way you could say they used each other to fill the gaps in their hearts. Both needed someone in their lives, so they found the first person they believed truly understood them and clung tight, but they lacked the unfaltering trust you need to form a substantial relationship. I speculate that - yes - if Kikyo and Inuyasha hadn't been forced to split, there was a developing romance there that *could* have evolved into something truly meaningful, but Kikyo died before that chance was ever given, and frankly I never saw Kikyo/Inuyasha's relationship as being anything incredibly romantic, just kind of depressing.

Kagome/Inuyasha's relationship is leaps and bounds away from Kikyo's, for one Inuyasha has shown Kikyo's little finger more adoration then he's shown Kagome in the entire course of their relationship, but the fact that Kagome loves him despite their disagreements says a lot about them. Kagome boosted Inuyasha's spirit in a way Kikyo never succeeded in, a fact Kikyo herself grudgingly admits, not to mention that he clearly states she's the first girl he's ever truly trusted, and this is proved numerous times (i.e Tsubaki episodes). Their relationship is more sporadic, spontaneous, passionate even (and no, I'm not talking physically here, though that'd be quite a sight o_O), and while they may not have the deeper understanding of one another's loneliness/depression (which Kagome doesn't have enough of to supplement Inuyasha), I think they have a spiritual understanding that runs deeper then Kikyo's ever had.

Regarding your last comment, Tascha, I highly doubt Kagome will hook up with Hojo, simply because we know right off the bat that Hojo was introduced for comic relief alone, and the chances of him doing much to advance the plot of the story are unlikely. Inuyasha's reincarnation? I imagine it's a possibility, though not a very probable one in my mind's eye. Some new guy? Doubtful, still possible. Hojo? I don't think so, but then again Rumiko still has the opportunity to prove me wrong!

2. NoDa

NoDa New Member

spoiler alert for episode 124 and 151 and 159

Jakotsu, in 107, yeah he did cry, but then it became funny (sentence does NOT make sense) But also in 124 (well not cry) mourn for Kikyou cause Naraku supposedly "killed" her (which she didn't), and you have to put into account that they played the very first insert song here. No part after Inuyasha saw Kikyou's bow was funny.

In 151 Kagome saved Kikyou's life, but Kikyou acted kindda b##### and didn't thank her. then Inuyasha came and when Kagome told Inuyasha that Kikyou was alright she mistakes his relife for happyness and said the HATED Inuyasha.

159 Kikyou saved Sango and Kohaku's life, and also helped Inuyasha with the zushi box thing...

Taht all proves that Inuyasha still can belong with Kikyou and can belong with Kagome

3. benard

benard New Member

inuyasha plus kagome make love!!!!!!!

of course they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

if hojo and kagome were to hook up then most people would probaly dislike the series, and im pretty sure that rumiko takahashi knows this. and i am also quite aware that i havnt seen all the episodes yet. kikyo will probaly have a purpose later in the series. and as for the ending of the series, ive heard on another forum what a possible ending may be, the person who got that information knew a person who knew a person who..well you get the picture.
    im not sure if its true, but it seems quite likely. now back on topic, i personaly think that inuyasha and kagome should be together, but kikyo and inuyasha also have a lot in common like kagomes arrow said. kikyos already dead, so should she stay dead, or should she get another chance at love? or how about kagome, she cares and loves inuyasha with all her heart, so shouldnt she be with him? or how about inuyasha, torn between two loves, he wanted to become a human and live with kikyo, but he also puts his life on the line trying to protect kagome, like in the episodes with tsubaki which show how much inuyasha cares for kagome.

( FROM THE BOOK THE ART OF INUYASHA, OPENING THEME CHANGE THE WORLD) inuyasha sees kikyo behind him and starts running tword her, but slowly kikyo disapears, and inuyasha is shot with an arrow, then it shows inuyasha in agony over the misunderstanding with kikyo

QUOTE FROM THE ART OF INUYASHA,OPENING THEME CHANGE THE WORLD
    frames (pictures) 23-28 imply the realationship between kagome, kikyo, and inuyasha using mood. kikyo is very importent to the story, as her presence lays heavy on inuyasha, and kagome as her reincarnation.frames 27 and 28 show inuyasha in agony over the misunderstanding with kikyo.

QUOTE FROM THE ART OF INUYASHA, OPENING THEME CHANGE THE WORLD
    frames (pictures) 29-34 show a lonely inuyasha. then kagome and her friends appear. kagome smiles at the lonly agonizing (agonizing about kikyo) inuyasha, and inuyasha smiles back slightly. this sequence suberbly establishes the relationship between kagome and inuyasha.

i recomend you buy the art of inuyasha if you fully want to understand what lays hidden. so inuyasha has a choice between kikyo and kagome according to the book, but it leans more twords kagome, if you dont believe me buy the book, look at the pictures, then you will understand. like i said i think inuyasha should be with kagome, cause if you look at the opening theme kikyo seems to bring inuyasha pain and angust, while kagome brings him happieness and relief from his agoinizing over kikyo.ill post the translation of the opening theme later, it relates to the love triangle between inuyasha,kagome,and kikyo. i also recomend going to adult swim.com, going to the clips section, click on other and find inuyasha opening theme#1 that also gives loads of information on their realationship.

well ive said my part, and now i shall leave .

1 person likes this.
  5. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I think they would make a better couple later on, but for now, nah. Both of them are still annoying together.

6. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I nthink InuYasha and Kagome would make a pretty good couple.I also think InuYasha and Kikyou would make a good couple too!Im a Kikyou fan but i have to say that InuYasha and Kikyou wouldnt last that long because she cant stay alive forever!Or can she,if she can then InuYasha should go back with Kikyou because nobody forgets there first love I think InuYasha kinnda needs Kikyou to get his head straight.Then he can thinkn about everything and do the right thing!(wich I hope is stay with Kikyou)

7. rosesinthewind8

rosesinthewind8 New Member

Hmmmm

I know more than a few people will have something to say about this, but I flat out DESPISE the Inu-YashaXKagome coupling. Personally, I think Kagome is way to whiny to get a guy, and Inu-Yasha is way to aggresive, and I think he needs to go into counseling. Let's just hope couple's counseling isn't with Naraku... ;)

8. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

I think Inuyasha/Kagome would make a great couple. Inuyasha really needs someone like Kagome in his life. It seems like Kikyo couldn't really accept Inuyasha as a hanyou(Im not bashing Kikyo) Kagome loves him as he is and wouldn't expect him to change for her. Kikyo is Inuyasha's past, Kagome should be his future.

9. Kagome's Arrow

First of all, the idea that all people end up eternally with their first love is ridiculous, if that's the case then why do so many divorce, remarry, and end up with perfectly ordinary, fulfilling lives? Second of all Kikyo and Inuyasha cannot exist together in this world, as stated by Kaede in episode 48, because not only is Kikyo a souless being based entirely on malice (not that Kikyo was originally this way, and I'm not suggesting that no good remains inside her, I'm just stating that the Kikyo we're all familiar with is by no means the same girl Inuyasha once knew), and second of all Kikyo doesn't belong in this world. She had her chance, and thanks to a misunderstanding and lack of trust which was by no means her fault (or Inuyasha's at that), she was tragically taken from this world. It's depressing, but Kikyo really does need to move on once she's served whatever her future purpose is to be. I see no reason that Inuyasha should follow her into death either, I mean it isn't as if they're going to endure an incredibly romantic relationship in the depths of hell. While I don't see Kikyo's situation as entirely just, well, that's just the way the cards are dealt, and I see no reason why Inuyasha should have to give up all dreams of happiness and longevity (forgive my misspelling, it's been awhile) to follow her into the afterlife.

10. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

they'd make a junk couple. don't ask why, but they just are.

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Why?

You shouldn't say something like that without reasons, yakamashi. Some people, like Kagome's Arrow, will soon come down on you like an avalanche of falling rocks for a post with no reason, only insult behind it, right, KA?

[EDIT]Anyway, I think Inuyasha and Kagome would make a prime couple. It's been alluded to so many times in the series, for one thing, and, it is true, they just kind of... belong together. Never mind the time difference. Every time they get to a really emotional scene, I expect Kagome to remove Inuyasha's necklace. Anyone else? [/EDIT]

12. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

well heres parts of the song, if you read carfully it gives a lot of information about the love triangle. if you watch the opening theme you may look at the words, then see the same thing happen on TV.

this probaly relates to kikyo,

"We keep swimming in the same world
    untill the day we reach our dreams
    All of us bear the same worries
    When you stop and look, I'll be right here
    gazing at you"

well we know that inuyasha and kikyo have similar pasts, this scene was played out in the opening theme, but different words were said, inuyasha was looking at kikyo.
    this is what it said
    "When i met you i found my true place in life......."

this is probaly comeing from inuyasha to kikyo. inuyasha was never liked or wanted because he was a half breed, so when he found kikyo he probaly thought that he finaly found his place in life, someone who had the same feelings, same worries.

this part probaly realates to kagome

"I want to change the world
    I wont hesitate again. If i can shape a future with you
    then i can fly anywhere."

this part probaly realates to kagome, because in this scene inuyasha and kagome smile at each other and those words were said. but what i dont get is the part where it says "hesitate again", does that mean inuyasha was hesitant to have a realationship with kikyo before, and is willing to have one with kagome, or has he been hesitant with kagome before. oh another reason i thought those words went with kagome is because it said "shape a future" and future goes with kagome, and kikyo is in the past.

well thats all i have to say...for now....and i hope i get good karma for this one.

2 people like this.
  13. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i'm still sticking with my answer.

14. *~Inu-kagome~*`

*~Inu-kagome~*` New Member

!

InuYasha and kagome are made for each other! not no kikyo! :mad: I hate her! :anger2:

15. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

hahaha well anyway, that's just your opinion. why does everyone want kagome and inuyasha together anyway?

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Because they belong together? The whole show centers not only around their plight to kill Naraku, but on Kagome and Inuyasha's relationship. I think the creators of the show wanted Inuyasha and Kagome together. If not, then the show would be very difficult to execute indeed. Who else should Inuyasha love? Sango? Kikyo is dead. She was merely reanimated. I think main purpose, after realizeing that Inuyasha didn't betray her, is for him to let her go. To let her stay in the past, where she belongs.

17. Kagome's Arrow

Well said Shinryu ^_^, saved W_G and the others from having to read another infamous ten paragraph defending post on why Inuyasha and Kagome make the best-est-est-est-est-est couple ever!

But yeah, I think whatever company that creates the anime knows perfectly well what reaction they'll get if they kill off Inuyasha/have him somehow end up with Kikyo, so (if they value their lives, anyhow) hopefully they'll have enough common sense to give us a decent ending. (ONE THAT CENTERS AROUND INUYASHA AND KAGOME I MIGHT ADD! *pulls back purification arrow* RIGHT, INUYASHA-ANIME-CREATOR-PEOPLE?)

18. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

yes good couple she cares about him but plays hard to get. kikyo ....well.....she is not the way she once was. i mean if she loved him so much how was she so easily tricked....not a good couple if she is trying to send him to kill him.

19. Dorky_azn

Dorky_azn New Member

Hmmm.... Inuyasha and Kagome.... um... lets see.... uh....DEFINITELY A YES!!!! It's either that or he's with me, I don't why they make Kikyo still love Inuyasha since she did try to kill him, in my opinion Kikyo should just go to the afterlife already and move on he obviously doesn't need her anymore, Inuyasha I mean.

20. Kagome's Arrow

Well you'd have to look at it from Kikyo's perspective. She spent the majority of her teenaged/early adult years centering her life around the protection of the Shikon Jewel - so obviously any threat to it is a much bigger deal to her then it would be to some viewer who doesn't truly understand the jewel's maximum power and just what exactly would occur if that power were released into society (especially if it fell into the wrong hands). Plus, at that point in their relationship, it seemed a bit more of infatuation then love (they didn't seem to know each other very well, and while the fundamental trust was being layed out, it certainly wasn't cemented), and so when Kikyo saw her prized possession and life's ambition was being threatened - no matter who the perpetrator (agh..can't spell), she couldn't just sit back and let Inuyasha make off with it. Plus you have to take in the context of death in feudal Japan - not nearly as much of a big hairy deal as it is now - and (at least in the Inuyasha setting) neither is murder.

I don't think Kikyo still *loves* Inuyasha, though I think she has the capacity to feel love, I just don't think her feelings toward Inuyasha would ever have the opportunity to grow and develop enough for anything real to blossom given their current situations and frequent boundaries that would need to be overcome - especially with Kagome in the middle of it all.