Inu-Yasha Inuyasha-Kagome

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Inuyasha_Demon, Nov 26, 2002.

?

Inuyasha and Kagome-couple

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

well, yeah. but kikyo's not really exactly dead. she's still walking around, talking, and taking dead peoples spirits for herself. anyway, there's lots of other people that inuyasha can go with besides sango and kagome...

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Umm, yeah, I'd say she is. She died 50 years ago, and was given a new body by Urasue. She exists, but she isn't alive. She is forced to take those dead spirits to stay in this world. If she didn't she would cross back over to the realm of the dead. Because she is dead.

Like who? Rin? Miroku? Sesshomaru? Please explain who else you think he could go with. I don't see any other than Kaome or Kikyo that he has feelings for.

3. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

she's still kinda alive....

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Only in a physical sense, my young friend. She is alive, but she doesn't live. She is living in the sense that she has a living body and she interacts with the living, but she is dead in that she has to feed off of the souls of dead maidens to remain "living," and the fact that she is supposed to be dead. It's a kind of un-life, really. She's more along the lines of a zombie (although one that looks and acts quite alive) than a living person.

5. Dorky_azn

Dorky_azn New Member

Wow, my head kinda hurts, this is all confusing. We just went from talking about love from talking about the dead, anyway I thought Kikyo wanted to kill Inuyasha so he can stay with her in hell forever not because Inuyasha wanted the jewel.

6. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Well I don't think Kikyo ever actually desired Inuyasha's death (at least before her own). She let her emotions take total control over her, assumed the worst, and "murdered" Inuyasha, which eventually led to her own death. After her ressurection she's nothing more then a pile of bones caked with clay and a sliver of Kagome's soul remaining. Technically, she's a zombie (the dead wandering amongst the living), although as Shrinyuu said, she appears and acts very much alive. After Urasue revived her, her initial goal is to freeze time and force Inuyasha to continue with her to the depths of Hell, but this gradually changes as she learns the truth about her own death and the role Naraku took in it.

7. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I do think that InuYasha should be with Kagome but the only thing wrong with that is that Kagome will die soon before InuYasha and Kagome cant live in the his time forever.InuYasha does love Kagome and you would have to be blind not to see that ,but he still loves Kikyou and you can see that also.He should be with
    Kagome for the time being but when she dies Kikyou might still be alive thats if she doesnt die some how or if she doesnt die from old age(Well does she still age after she came back).

8. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Yeah, I've been pondering that too. I suspect Rumiko either hasn't thought of it and plans to overlook it completely or plans to introduce a surprising plot twist (maybe something that allows Inuyasha to inject demon blood into Kagome [don't ask how, go read fanfictions and figure it out yourself *shudders at thought*] which would in turn allow her to live out a demon lifespan, or at least a hanyou one). I've seen that scenario played out in loads of fanfictions (usually crappy ones, but that's beside the point). Maybe Rumiko will take a leaf out of her fans' books, though somehow I find that unlikely. Guess we'll just have to wait 'n see, but I don't think Rumiko plans to get them together only to kill her off after everything's resolved.

IMHO it isn't *love* Inuyasha feels for this ressurected Kikyo, it's a mixture between guilt, remorse, and nostalgia. I think Inuyasha's exaggerating his previous relationship with Kikyo (within his mind), trying to convince himself that it was something truly special, when actually his relationship with Kagome is almost more concrete. I can't say I haven't done the same myself at times (though not in this particular situation, but it's a fairly common defense mechanism against growth and change). Plus he's torn between his feelings for Kagome and his guilt for allowing Kikyo's death, because we all know Inuyasha has one heck of a "loyalty" virtue. His pride won't allow him to move on because he feels it would be unfair to Kikyo, though it was really only Naraku's fault anyway.

Anyway, I don't think Kikyo's body is aging, though her mind certainly is (you can't permanently prevent yourself from maturing mentally). Keep in mind that her body's made entirely of clay, which means it isn't going to grow and change as Kikyo ages, which she can't considering she's dead.

I'm starting to wonder if Inuyasha's some sort of necrophiliac XD. Twisted thoughts over what he plans to do to Naraku's remains once he's through with the live version.

9. Circe Yami

Circe Yami New Member

To me I just think that Inuyasha and Kagome should be together and if she doesn't want him I'd be more than happy to take him.