Inu-Yasha Inuyasha's Father

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Zero Enna, May 29, 2003.

?

Good guy or not?

1. Good

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Neutral

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Bad

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

So Inuyasha's father good guy or not?

I belive he's a neutral cause ya know he did have a soft spot for humans but he did kill them at one point, but he did fight other demons too.

2. Yonaki

Yonaki New Member

I agree with you.

3. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

yes he does'nt really do anything bad

4. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

I think of him as a wise, fair ruler who once lived and liked humans and didn't think them different from demons.

He probably DID kill humans at first but then liked them for some reason and then fell in love with Inuyasha's mom. Maybe he liked humans cause someone (a human obviously) did something good for him and then he thought them not all that bad.

And THAT'S why I think they need to make a movie based on that! Or at least an ep!

5. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

Yes thats true but i mean when u thonk about it he had that MISSUNDERSTOD son sesshomaru and hes o_O evil and inuyasha was not very evil but he opend up the that witch kikyou and opend up mere and usualy the Children take after the parents and yeah but there is a chance that Flufs mother could be the real skrew in the family and it can be on the count of inuyasha's mother she was nice

er its confusing

6. Inu-loves-Kago

It actually shouldn't be. Think about it in this perspective:

Sesshoumaru also had a mother, who later died. How, we don't know. We don't know anything about her, so who's to say maybe he didn't get his human hate from her? I would think he did. Also, he must have beeb angry because his proud father married/mated with a human, and because humans don't like demons too much, he looks down on them whenever a human hates them or does something to them. So when his father mated a human, he thought his father as a betrayer to demons since demons can't mate humans as far as I know. It's the same thing when a girl or boy looses their father and then the mother remarries. The child won't be quick to accept this (not all of them anyway).

As for Inuyasha, it wasn't his parent's that made him think humans should be something to be careful around. He DID have a human mother after all. It was because his parent's died and he was forced to live in solitude with no friends and no one to care for him and about him. Wouldn't you hate humans also if you were a demon and they did that (throws rocks at you and call you names and such)?

So that's why we can't blame the father. He loved humans and wasn't really that bad according to Myouga I think.

7. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

i was thinking about that but i forgot to put that in
    yeah he could have his human hate from good ol mom
    but still inuyashas father did kill humans

8. Inu-loves-Kago

Actually, I doubt he got his hate FROM his mom, more like that because of the humans doing what they did to him and his mom, he began to hate them.

And where did it say that Inuyasha's dad killed humans? I don't remember hearing that.

9. Myoga0909

Myoga0909 New Member

hard to say i mean he did love a human but then he killed some but maybe not on porpuse so you never can tell but i say good good at heart

10. Inu-loves-Kago

People keep saying he killed humans. When did this happen? I don't remember hearing the anime or manga mention that he did. All I heard was that he fell in love with a human, married her, then had Inuyasha, then died from that one dragon.

11. Influences

Influences New Member

He loved a human and was true to her because he gave his sword to inu-yasha also part human therefore claiming his true love and not being neutral of bad only good!

12. Inu-loves-Kago

Whoo hoo! Go Influences-san! Course, my question still wasn't answered about him killing humans ~_~

13. username

username New Member

!!

i say hes bad because thats probably were inu-yasha got his Demon side.

14. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

Well my vote went to neutral mainly because I don't know a whole lot about Inuyasha's past or his family history. But I do agree with Inu-loves-Kago when you said in a preveous post:

I do think that his father was all about treating everyone equal and maybe he was also under the belief that Demons and Humans could all live together in a 'civil' manner.

But there is still so much I would like to know about why Sesshoumoru is the way he is. I mean there are so many different scenarios as to why he'd be the way he is. I don't know....

But I wish that they would make an episode that just focuses on their family history....
    :glazed:
    It drives me crazy that I don't know much about it!!:dizzy2:

~Washu

15. Inu-loves-Kago

Sesshoumaru probably got it from his mom who was probably an evil "demon" (let's pretend I said the b word though) and thought humans needed to be treated inferior.

Hopefully Rumiko-sama WILL make an episode. I hate it when anime's don't explain family history cause many times it's important to the story.

16. Muse

Muse New Member

Im sure she's planning on it, but look, in the ep. when you first meet sesshomaru, myouga tells abouat inuyasha's dad and it goes to a small clip showing his father, there were people shooting arrows at him, right? He probably killed some of them, I'm sure, although they may have been demons, but I think they were the chinese.

17. Inu-loves-Kago

Oh, yeah, THAT episode. I remember now. He probably did, but just because he did doesn't mean that he's bad. They were attacking him.

'Course, for him to be good, I guess you can say that it would have been better if he had just hurt them (like Vash does) for attacking him and not kill them

18. Muse

Muse New Member

YEAH, that would be kewl, and he could have a...fang...arm?...............nah.

What would be REALLY cool is if Urusei didn't die, and went to WalMart or something and bought a HUUUUGE (huge) baking dish thing and baked us up a ginormous clay mold thing for InuYasha's dad, stole InuYasha's right pupil and brought good ol' daddy back to life......... ok maybe that would suck too. BUT we'd be able to see what he looks/sounds/acts like (though we already know what he looks like...sorta?) possibly in human form?

19. Inu-loves-Kago

OMG That would be cool!!!! Too bad she died then. Inuyasha could have had good ol' dad and mom back. But then again they would be walking zombies and the souls probably crossed over....he has too much experience with Kikyou to NOT want his parent's living that kind of life with no souls.

20. Muse

Muse New Member

This is true.