Inu-Yasha Inuyasha's Father

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Zero Enna, May 29, 2003.

?

Good guy or not?

1. Good

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Neutral

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Bad

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I would have to agree. Inu wouldn't want to see his parents like that

2. shohen

shohen New Member

His sword fang thingy was used to protect mortals so he has to be good.

3. Muse

Muse New Member

Yeah, both of them really. I have a question, in the second ending clip with Fukai Mori, is that dragon the one who killed their father? And is that his fang in the dragon?

4. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

No... well i dont pay atten tion to that thing that much even though ive seen all eps but personaly I think that dragon thing is just there

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I think that it is because why would another dragon just be there
    Hmmmm i can not say about that fang thing

6. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

Yes, that is Ryuukostusei, the dragon who killed Inutaisho. I think it's supposed to be a fang sticking out of his chest (the one missing from the gigantic skeleton in Inutaisho's grave). If it's not, then it's a claw, but fang makes sense to me.

7. Muse

Muse New Member

So Sess could make a sword from that, right? Or does it have to be from a specific tooth?

8. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

Well, seeing as Naraku melted the fang to free Ryuukotsusei, I believe that would be a moot point.

9. Muse

Muse New Member

Oh he did? ....nm then. So they had to fight it!? And it killed their dad... did they team up? Inu and Sess? That'd be nice.

10. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

***SPOILERS***

No, they didn't team up. After Goshinki broke Tessaiga and Inuyasha had Totousai fix it with one of his (Inu-kun's) own fangs, Tessaiga was too heavy for Inuyasha to wield. So Myoga told him that in order for it to get lighter, he had to become stronger than his father (which meant killing the demon/dragon/whatever that mortally wounded Inutaisho). Inuyasha was only supposed to run Tessaiga through Ryukotsusei's heart, but Naraku showed up and melted the fang/claw/seal, thus releasing Ryukotsusei. Sesshy was nowhere near for this. So Inuyasha fought (and beat) Ryukotsusei all by his lonesome, and Sesshy showed up much much later after the fight to see where the dragon thing used to be.

::takes a deep breath:: Want a better idea of what happened? Watch episodes 51-53 or so.

11. Muse

Muse New Member

That is awesome!! I'm gettin it. Sounds like his father wasn't as powerful as I thought he'd be, or maybe I'm missing a chunk of the details that explain how he got killed... I would say they need to make an episode on that, but it's almost cooler having to guess, its like Cowboy Bebop in a sense, guessing about Spike's past with Julia and the Red Dragon Syndicate and what not... I kinda like it.

12. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

Well, if you want to know without having to wait for them to say it in the course of the episode(s)....

***SPOILER WARNINGS AGAIN***

Inutaisho was fighting Ryukotsusei, who was this really big, nasty, mean youkai (probably terrorizing Inutaisho's lands or something). Inutaisho managed to seal Ryukotsusei after a terrible battle by piercing him through the chest with a fang/claw. However, Ryukotsusei managed to deliver a mortal wound to Inutaisho during the battle, and Inutaisho shortly died of this wound.

At least, that's what I recall them mentioning. If anyone has better details, they're welcome to tell me.

13. Sesshi's Angel

Sesshi's Angel New Member

Uhhhh.....Jamaica? Actually, i think his father was a good guy, havin the soft spot for humans an all.

14. Sesshomarusama

Sesshomarusama New Member

Inuyasha's dad

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Inutaisho is THE most powerful. Think about how powerful Sesshomaru is....then times that by a thousand. The size of his skeleton says it all.
    He was a "Tai-Youkai" or "Great Demon."

Alot of people misunderstand exactly how power Ryukotsusai actually was.
    Inuyasha couldn't even defeat the dragon with the Kaze No Kizu. He had to learn a new attack. Bakyruuha. This attack uses the energy from an opponents blast and returns it to them along with the added power of the Kaze No Kizu. It's more of a redirecting move actually.

Inuyasha literally used the dragon's own power against it(with added potencey)to defeat it.

Let's not forget, Inutaisho defeated the dragon with his(Inutaisho's) fang. He bit him(or something like that) and sealed him. Inuyasha had to use the dragons own power in order to defeat it. Inutaisho didn't need to.
    The dragon did however manage to fatally wound him.

Also he was definately a person with compassion for humans. He was no doubt a good guy. The two swords are proof of this. Tessaiga and Tenseiga. Both used for good. Tessaiga(protects humans), Tenseiga(Raises the dead).

See. Isn't Inu and Fluffy's dad great?

Fluffy Sama :anime:

15. fluffyofthewind

fluffyofthewind New Member

well........i think inu yasha's father was bad turned good by love. i say think because the tetsaiga was made to protect inu yasha's mother. so i think the stupid demon went soft^^

16. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i dont think that Inutaisho was a good guy and kind to humans, he was kind only to one human(Inuyasha's mother). If he liked humans then he would give western lands(or half of them) to Inuyasha, but he left everything to Sesshoumaru(his full blood demon son). So, inuyasha was left,well, homeless?! And, if Inutaisho was a good guy then how come he has such evil sons as Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha(when in his full demon form).

17. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

First, Sesshy's mother was a youkai, not a human, so he probably got a fair amount of dislike for humans from his mother as much as his father, at the time.

Second, Inutaisho wouldn't give half his lands to Inuyasha because Sesshy's still the older son. If I recall correctly, it was tradition in feudal times to give all of the inheritance to the oldest son. The rest of the boys got to fend for themselves, serve in the king's army, serve their older brother or live off of his charity, etc. Any daughters got married off. So Sesshy would inherit all of the western lands and become the next Lord of the Western Lands upon their father's death.

Third, obviously Inutaisho ended up liking humans before his death. The swords he gave his sons prove this. Tessaiga only works when protecting humans (though later in the series, it seems that if Inuyasha's protecting himself, there's enough human blood there to count). Tenseiga can't kill. So Tessaiga was to teach Inuyasha to love and protect humans, and Tenseiga was to teach Sesshy not to kill and, apparently, love humans himself.

Fourth, Inutaisho died when the boys were fairly young, it seems (in youkai terms). He wouldn't have had much of a hand in raising them. Inuyasha was raised by his mother until she died, and then apparently fended for himself (judging from the few flashbacks there are). Sesshy was probably raised by his mother or servants, who would most likely be youkai and not like humans. The parents aren't always responsible for the outcome of a child's personality.

Fifth, as for Inuyasha being so evil when he's full youkai.... His youkai blood takes over and is very bloodthirsty. Inuyasha has no control over it himself. When he's hanyou, he's mischievous and violent at the most, never actually evil.

18. shippou

shippou New Member

inuyasha's father was a nuetral..........FEH..........he loved inuyashas mother .......
    but i'd say he killed 1 or 2 humans before that

19. fluffyofthewind

fluffyofthewind New Member

they never said he was good. but because he was a demon i would say he is evil. but like said. he was an evil demon who was in love. i don't think is neutral, maybe lawful evil.

20. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

Not all youkai have to be evil. Shippo's not evil. Neither is Kirara, or Hatchi, or Ryourakan (the wolf-demon who guards Inuyasha Forest), or Jinenji's father, or Shiori's father.... The list can go on. I wouldn't say Inutaisho is quite lawful evil (at least, not after meeting Inuyasha's mother), though he's probably not completely neutral either. If only there were an alignment between the two (and I don't mean chaotic neutral).