Anime It all comes down to this...

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Lime, Feb 22, 2002.

?

Which Is Better?

1. Sub

41 vote(s)
    87.2%
  2. Dub

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

the only 2 dubs that i can think off at the moment that are EXTREEMLY good is the Original Record Of lodoss Wars and Cowboy Bebop..

Those were the best ive seen.. there are some other that are not half bad.. but for the most part Anime should always be subed...

KaMe

If you know A girl who thinks anime is silly get them to watch the Subed Vision Of Escaflowne... They will Want to see what happens next!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

2. Ikari

Ikari Guest

Dub/Sub

I could never say Dubs were better after seeing what had been done to Ranma 1/2, the people who did that should be hunted down and tortured... :p

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Did you know???????? :confused: ?? That in Vampir Hunter D Bloodlust the film was actualy done in english before it was done in Japanese... But they realy did a good job with this anime...

Vampires Killing Vampires IS COOL!

KaMeKaZI

4. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

Did they ever even do a Japanese version for VHD: Bloodlust? There wasn't one on the DVD and the fansub I downloaded was English with Japenese subtitles.

5. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

easy!

SUBBED! SUBBED! SUBBED! THIS QUESTION IS A NO BRAINER! When people like Dic make dubbed they like screw it up SOOOOOO much! It is an awful thing when they destroy a wonderful Anime, and turn it into a knock off of the Care Bears!

Ok I was wondering if ne one could tell me where I can buy a sub or dub of Revolutionary Girl Utena. if anybody knows please tell me! email, im me something!

I know asking for dub is like a contradiction of what I just said, but I'll take whatever I can get about tht anime at rhis time. b/c I will eventually go w/ all subbed right now!

thanx email me!

1 person likes this.
  6. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Half.com..

7. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

ebay. i love fansubs just avoid the ones from Singapore.

8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I think they Have a Sub of Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust now.. But it came after the dub. Not sure why it was done that way i guess it must have had something to do with the big contract dispute and an english company got the rights first I think.. something like that. Because the film itself was finished a year or too before the release...

KaMeKaZi

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

gurgle

the sub and dub for trigun was really close i htought...tho the dub had more emotion...americanized i guess...i'm more of a sub person...i stiwched lovehina to sub when forst watching it on dvd cause the sound quality was horrible on the intro...god , that sucked...tho, my fav dubs are cowboy bebop and the big o...just because the man i adore and love is there as a va!!! *^-^* david lucas is my small god(if i could insert little hearts floating about here i would.) umm other than that i just find it hard to watch dubs...i like more faithful translations.

10. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

i voted for Sub ,, cuz once i bought a dubbed tape and i wanted to cry cuz i spent my money on this peace of ****

11. Lime

*gets a tear in her eye* That was beautiful...:(

12. Saiyanchild

Saiyanchild New Member

i feel like a dope i dont no wut subs or dubs r. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME OR ILL LOSE MY MIND huh ok im glad i got that out of my system.:eek:

13. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

Subs, subtitled, the original japanese voice tracks with English subtitles

Dubs, Dubbed, think any anime you see on TV.

14. Lime

You know..The bad stuff ^.^ Hehe

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

...with the crappy voice acting(except david lucas, cause he's a god...<cough>[hearts off])
    *^-^*

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'll agree with Bloodberry that Spike's voice was *perfect* for his role in the dubbed version of Bebop. Actually, that whole series was great in either language.

But, in all, it comes to subs for a few reasons. A lot of the voices are just natural in Japanese. *cough* SMJ *cough* Lime *cough* And lastly, it's a great way to study Japanese! In fact, turn the subs off altogether! :D

17. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Lime's voice is awful. Awful.

The only problem I can see with dubs, is they're tiring to watch. I watched the 1st 9 episodes of SMJ back to back yesterday, and I was bloody knackered.

18. Yuna

Yuna New Member

I prefer Dubbed anime

Why??
    Cause I don't feel like missing most of the anime just reading the sub titles! I enjoy watcing every single seen then reading every word and miss all the great art or hard work they put into this specific anime!

19. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, my friends have a general rule to watch it twice, once to read all the subs then to watch EVERYTHING with some small idea of what they're saying.

All I say is to take some speed reading classes.

20. Lime

Re: I prefer Dubbed anime

Good Point!!! :D Thats why sometimes I usually go for dubbed, but because I have been taking japanese for a while now..I can tell whats going on, without reading the subtitles. But thats just me..But, Good point!!