Inu-Yasha kikyou or kagome?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Miko, Jul 7, 2003.

?

who do you perfer?

1. Kikyou

32 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Kagome

59 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

She is 15 though and I don't usually mind the way she acts anymore. She's still a teenager and can be whiny, but is a good character.

Kikyou is mature because she's older and was brought up as a priestess. The reasons she's not showing any emotions because she doesn't want her enemies to take advantage of that. She's learned that before and doesn't want to make the same mistake.

Kikyou isn't ruining the relationship between Inuyasha and Kagome. If you must blame someone, blame Inuyasha. He's the one holding feelings for her and he can't get over her. If Kikyou had the intention of keeping them apart, she would join with Inuyasha in his journey and attempt to break them apart. Everytime Inuyasha and Kikyou meet, she's the one who leaves him first.

Kikyou would rest in peace, but her the main reason she's alive is to avenge her death. When Naraku's gone, she will most likely return to where she belonged. She didn't want to be ressurected in the first place. She didn't have a choice. If you don't like her presence, confront Urasue.

2. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

it's not only beginner watchers that think of her that way. even i do, and i've been watching/reading inuyasha since... well, i've been watching it for years, and have many books. (... only 37.) yeah, she's a girl with emotions and can be ... kinda ... 'weirdly' funny, (as in mostly only for her fans) but she's also from our year and doesn't know what it was like to live in constant fear of being killed when she was little (or now) everyday. she's not immature when it comes to fighting, (otherwise you'd get killed) and she's like one of the characters that cried the most. that may not make her a crybaby, but hey, it comes close. and to tell you the truth, kikyo is actually really quite similar to me. (but not when i'm on the computer... i get loud.) like what kikyoulvr4eva said, kikyo was born as a priestess, and most tend to not show much feelings. they're usually neutural, especially in that time. there demons running about, and they may be able to manipulate your feelings. (did that make sense?) look what happened to her and inuyasha. i don't remember kikyo killing innocent characters... or are you talking about people like that monk near the beginning? like when he said she was a demon or something with that scroll that had it's writing disappear when she touched it.... well, that guy had it comming. ^^ etc. kikyo hasn't been ruining kagome and inuyashas' 'relationship.' it's just inuyasha's feelings that haven't settled down completely yet, and he's the one chasing after her still yet.

and, nah. she shouldn't die yet. other 'main' characters should first... muAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! -_-;;

3. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

id choose kagome kikyo is dead =D and she steals the souls of other people to keep her living she should just let herself die and be done with it

4. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

hn. i have a question, since fudge_monkeys brought it up... when kikyo takes other womens souls, are they already dead, or does she steal them from live bodies? like that 'oni no kubi' dude... (or dudet.)

5. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Directed toward Yakamashi: I think she makes an effort to only take advantage of souls that have already passed, but I'm sure that there have been occasions where only live souls were accessible - like in the case of - er- that castle guard you were referring to (can't recall the name..). I guess it's justified, well, not the "steal-dead-souls" business in general, actually, I think Kikyo's arrogance shines through when she assumes that she's somehow entitled to the souls she's pillaging - that, because of her reputation and renowned abilities, she should take priority over the women who've earned their R.I.P afterlives. But, you know, desperate times call for desperate measures and all that....

6. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

... dude. you lost me.

but um, so it's just like those little white worm/fish looking things just go around, looking for any souls lying around? mendoukusai nya...

7. ANIKA1213

ANIKA1213 New Member

Kikoyo Or Kagome

I Cant Stnd Kagome And Dont Like Kikoyo.

8. kikyoulvr4eva

The soul skimmers, in volume 8 take the souls of woman who have already died. In volume 8, the young woman's soul was taken out of her mouth and collecting it before Inuyasha destroyed it. Except I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

9. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

um... i kinda forgot now... but i think what i meant was, like do the shinidamachu (or whatever they were called,) just go around collecting anyones soul? or just dead people's...? i don't know anything anymore...

10. raquazagirl2000

raquazagirl2000 New Member

You know what?? you;r saying is VERY true.. i guess i was a little bbit out of hand, eh??

11. krazyme

krazyme New Member

i like them both buh if i wud have to pick i wud say kagome. kikyo is too serious sometimes n i luv how kagome has dat easy goin n fun lovin personality. and i wudnt say she's immature, wen it comes time she relly takes the time to think n find herself (ie: ep 48 wen she decides to stay wit inu). ppl get her easy goin personality mixed up wit immatureness n its not the same thiing. another reason why i pick kagome is dat to me, kikyo seems to old to be wit inuyasha. like her personality and seriousness makes her seem so much older. but like i said, i styll like kikyo and i admire the person she is inside (helpful, kind, caring n so on)

12. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

you don't know how right you are. ^__^

but krazyme, like you said, kagome may infact be kinda easy going, (not so much though) but she also has an immature side. (meh, what 15 year girl who gets to travel through time and hang out with a freakin spexy half breed dog demon not be?) blah, but she's still kinda sweet. sometimes a little self centered, but still sweet. in some... way... yeah. she just needs to be a little more mature about the things around her. esspecially considering the fact that she's in the fuedal era. i mean, inuyasha won't always be there to protect her, so one wrong move, could easily cost her neck.

13. krazyme

krazyme New Member

ya, tru say............theres been nuff times she came close to death. i guess she can be immature at times

14. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

O_O i never really realized that she came 'close' to death so many times... like that witch person... nevermind. anyway, everyones immature sometimes. well, at least most of them are.

gawd, i wanna see sesshoumaru acting immature... o_O

15. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Yea, Kagome is a dweeb as in most lead female characters. You're talking about Kagome, right?? Anyhoo, Sesshoumaru is already Immature. How can he be so "Mature" and hang out with a little girl (eww) and a frog. talk about weirdo.

16. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

meh, he's not immature.

he's very mature, thank you very much.

17. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

I see no reasons to back up your statement, Yakamashi! ;)

tehehe

18. kikyoulvr4eva

It's mostly his caring side (I think) that chose to revive Rin and let her tag along. I believe Sesshomaru acting immature would scare my other half away. It would be unexpected, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sesshy crack a smile (not a smirk, a smile) sometime.

A bit off topic there... ^_^; My vote still belongs to Kikyou. Can't change my vote and I don't have much intention of changing it either.

19. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I like Kikyou. Kagomes is my second favorite. I just think that Kikyou's character is a bit more complex and she isn't as easy to read as Kagome can be.

Kikyou is a lot more understanding then most characters in the show I belive. She came back and all that stuff. ( Really don't feel like writing a ton. lol.... "getting lazy..but hey it is 4:13 AM here) and then sher accepted it all. So there I made my point! :p

_____

Lets now talk about Sesshoumaru image him dressed up like a woman and taking care of a child like he was her mother and they had a little pet frog or something..wouldn't that be funny! Oh wait a sec.....*SNAP*! LOL, just messing with you guys and gals.. haha. It would be a bit wierd seeing him act more care free. Like the next time he see's InuYasha to rub his head and say,"SUP, lil bro!" lol... ah, I kill myself.. but really. What was I talking about....Oh yes.. I stoped talking about Kikyou because I didn't want to write alot... and now look getting on a whole other topic... bad Kaleob! Well, seeing as it is now 4:17 and over a minute has passed.. I am off to bed, and have no clue why I am telling you all... but I am.

20. Ninja Yuffie

Ninja Yuffie New Member

Kikyo definatley. She is my favorite character, and I hate when people say shes "evil" and the sort. Shes independant, strong, brave, and graceful--- not to mention powerful. She is also very beautiful. Kagome, I despise. My site is even about hating her, lol. Shes just so weak and whiney... and she complains far to much. There are a million reasons why Kikyo is just so much better, these are only a select few.

She killed the monk for a perfectly good reason. He was trying to kill her, aka "put her to rest". Kikyo felt it wasnt her time to go, and so the monk lost his life.... She even apologized to poor sayo, who saw it happen. Thats not cruel at all.