Video Games Kingdom Hearts 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sieghardt, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Merrick

Merrick New Member

Wow, that's not out here yet, can't wait for it. Is it going to be worth my €60 then?

2. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

It's not released over here yet -.-

is sephiroth still in it??? he was the only sort of challenge in the last KH :)

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Yes, Sephiroth is there.

And unfortunately no, he's once again not crucial to the story.

*sigh*

Poor guy. Still, once again, he's hard to beat....

-Seishin

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I thought Sephiroth was a cakewalk in KH1. Even at a low 50-ish level, he was ridiculous as long as you had Super Glide.

I always thought that Heartless Amor Riku was harder than he needed to be at that point in the game...as well as the already aforementioned Malificent.

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Maybe it's the ridiculously high amount of health that Sephiroth has that makes him hard in the first game.

Though, my friend that played it already told me that this time, he actually talks!

o_O

Thank goodness, I just hope the cast doesn't suck, because whoever goes in KH2, goes in FFVII:AC DUB.....

-Seishin

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Aeris sucks. She sounds like she has a cold. Yuffie was actually decent. Cid...sounds like he's from Texus.

They really should have kept Mandy Moore.

On the plus side, they did a decent job for the Pirates, with the exception of the faux "Miss Swann". Jack and Will were semi-half-good.

Oh, is anyone having trouble beating Cerberus Cup? I'm trying to beat it right after I finished Halloween Town. I can't get enough time to beat Cerberus, because the fat Heartless takes forever to beat....oooo, just gave meself an idea...which I will try shortly!

7. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

lets not forget the mass damage he deals out and then some. at lvl 50-ish sephy would kill you in close to if not 1 hit. so i call BS on that.
    besides, superglide is only really goo for avoiding his inferno attack.

8. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Well, I've beaten it once. I think I will go back through one more time for that Keyblade War scene, possibly fight Seph this time and his 15 hp bar BS-ness. :S

9. Merrick

Merrick New Member

Yep, I had a go at him on level 55, a mistake I'll never make again. I lasted about 3 seconds ie. the time it took for him to come over and hit me.

10. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I heard that this game is better then the original...and that surprised me since, I have a reputation for hating sequals since they are usually worse:p

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

They're not really worse.

They're mostly an improvement of the first game, but it only lives up to yesterday's standards, making it kind of bad.

For instance, games like Parappa the Rapper. I still love it, but the second one isn't as good, it's more like an extension pack...

Kingdom Hearts 2 is definetly not it. I know there's lots of people especially waiting for this game just to play Port Royal (Pirates of the Caribean), who thankfuly, uses the actual actors for the voices of Captain Barbossa, Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and Elizabeth whateverherlastnameis...:p

-Seishin

12. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I borrowed it from my friend the other day and started to play it. Now I rarely play video games and the one's I do play have to be really good. I could NOT step away from this game. The first one was good but this is one of those ones I'm gonna have to play all the way through, that I am.

13. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

It's a nice game, I'll say that much. But, they could have gotten the real voice actors. Mushu is one of a few who do not have the real people behind the character. Otherwise, it's a real sweet game. I've only now completed two worlds, so I can't complain, as long as it lasts long, it's all good.

14. Seishin

Seishin Guest

When reaching the Port Royal part, it felt really good that they even used a bit of the soundtrack to the movie.

Though it sucks cause a lot of people that didn't watch the movie won't get it.

Voice acting by the actors was allright, Geofrey Rush though tried to overdo the pirate accent, and kind of killed some of the moods, overal great though.

Though, I hate how it's around 4 hours until you even play with Sora....

-Seishin

15. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

Yeah, the 3 hour tutuorial with Roxas was pretty lousy. If you played CoM, you should have already known most of the story, so it wouldn't matter what happened with Roxas and everything. It was still a fun tutorial to start with though.

16. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Mushu, Timon, Scar, Maleficent, Barrel, Sebastian, Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth, Will Turner, Barbossa, Shenzi, that I know of... and the VA for Simba was only the one from Lion King 2, I believe.

Pretty sure those are right.

Anyways.. just recently beat the game (and Sephiroth). Kind of disappointed, it's really short.. maybe KH3 will be better.

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Eeek!

You forgot my hero, James Earl Jones, as Mufasa!

Let's see *checks up*, here we go!
    Copied straight, so it's compliments of www.gamespot.com

As far as this with Advent Children goes, Yuffie's voice is allright, since she doesn't have many lines, Cid is kinda lame, and Cloud fits in well. I've yet to hear Sephiroth's.

-Seishin

18. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I was listing ones that weren't the same, so no I didn't. :p

19. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, gotta hand it to boss designers...some of the bosses in this game were hard.

Like the Heartless Dragon. Did anyone else have a tough time on him, primarily because it was pretty hard to stay on? I pretty much beat him, staying on the ground.

Some of the Organization was especially hard as well. That dude with the cards, and the guy with the multiple lances especially.

Sephiroth was fun, although it's almost just keeping away until he tries to do his "Heartless Angel" to peg him with something.

And who knows where the last freakin' ORICHALCUM+ IS!?!?!? I have six...and I can't seem to find the last one. I cleared everything, but I just need one more. I have a feeling it is in Twilight Town, but I searched high and low for it...and I cannot find the stupid thing!

And Fenrir looks like a car key. =P

20. Chane

Chane Audience of One

There is an Orichalcum+ in Twilight Tun, in Sunset Terrace. There's a place where a train runs through on a track, and there's a rail-type bar that runs over it. You're gonna have to get on the rail and then get onto the train and jump up onto a low rooftop for a chest and it's in there.

As a check list, in case you already got that one, here are the other six:

One for completing 100 Acre Woods
    One for completing Atlantica
    One for completing Goddess of Destiny Cup
    One in Brink of Despair (The World That Never Was, second save/entry point, in a little niche to the left of the ice-like path that goes upward into the structure)
    One in Space Paranoid (I forget the room name, I think it's Central Computer Area, right before the boss fight with Sark and MCP)
    One for gathering all 50 types of Synthesis Materials.

For the ones in TWTNW, Space Paranoid and Twilight Town, you can check your treasure list to see if you've gotten those.

A fun fact too that I recently found out (well before I beat the game), it's possible to get Goofy and Donald's weapons upgraded (Save the Queen+ and Save the King+) but you need to have made the original weapons first. The only real difference is the fact that it has a different ability (for example, Donald's Save the Queen gives Hyper Healing while his Save the Queen+ gives MP Hastega).

And hey, I think Fenrir looks pretty sweet. But my favorite keyblade is easily...

The Bond of Flame that you get after Axel dies right before The World That Never Was... God I miss him :(

I didn't have that much difficulty with bosses. Some where more tedious than hard, like the second boss in the Pride Lands (Groundshaker I think his name was). Xigbar was a pain in the butt (the Freeshooter, the guy with the guns) and so was the one with the Lances (forget his name). Luxord wasn't that hard. Saix got annoying towards the end since he seemed to always be infinitely Berserked, but eh...