Video Games Kingdom Hearts 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sieghardt, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I just got done with the game this moring at 35 hours (taking my sweet time and even hours of break in there, if you please).

Frankly, this game dissapointed me.

Frankly, this game was what Chain of Memmories was to KH.

Well...Kingdom Hearts 3? Really? Well obiously, they forgot to take care of Maleficient, and Pete as well (who was practically the bad guy for the entire game).

Organization XIII was not spoken of much. And none of its characters were memmorable...not even Xeanort himself.

The only ones who made an effect were Ansem the Wise/DiZ (voiced by Cristopher Lee, and even said some coherent lines that stick with me...take example...right before he dies) and Pete (wanted to beat the utter crap out of him every time he popped out helping a Disney villian.

Another thing. As said before in the thread, the Little Mermaid world was complete waste of time...what'd you get out of defeating a giant-sized Ursula? A spell...heal I think it was...and that didnt fix the crap-fact that heal was a "one bar use".

The entire game was just...ehm...helping people. And they not even one second helped you reach a goal.

Mulan- "You'll find your friend one day" Sora- "Thanks!"

Timon- "You remember your true friends" Sora- "So....Riku should remember me...thanks!"

All repeated over and over.

I hate to say, the pirate world was a waste too.

Oh sure, its fun to play with the unforgettable Captain Jack Sparrow...but, his world was a waste.

The only places that were not a waste were:

Twilight Town (I considered Roxas pointless...not worth a 3-hour intro)

Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden (Practically critical story points happen here....and Sephiroth seems unbeatable!)

The World That Never Was (I LOOOVED how catchy the name is linked to the Nobodies)

And dont try to tell me "Oh! But with every world you completed, the World that never was became more visisble. SO? I didnt even have to finish all worlds in order for hollow bastion to lead me to the end of the game. Even though I did, you'd think they'd give gamers a challenge besides simply bashing O and Triangle.

I mean, one minute Yen Sid tells me that ill be fighting countless Dusk Nobodies, then its heartless the rest of the game....even in the World that never was!

This game ticked me off a lot.

And could someone explain to me why theres time's I turn into a Heartless in drive form?

With that said, I could go on for a while more....a WHILE MORE!

- Kaiyon

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Sora turns into a heartless essentially when you Drive too often. Best case I can come up with, is that Sora turns into his "pure self" when he goes into Drive...particularly Final Form.

The Anti-Form is all the opposite. He isn't fully powered up, regressing to nearly the same stage as he did when turned heartless.

I do agree KH2 felt/feels like Naruto Fillers...just...there. Apparently most of the story got covered in Chain of Memories?

They *could* have made it longer...but Square and probably Disney wanted it out as fast as possible. Therefore, some of the things got pushed to the wayside.

You're lucky. I'm at 54 hours, and I still haven't fought the last few bosses. Had to try out the Hades Paradox Cup. The second to last boss(es) are INFURIATING!

3. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Actually, to me, the point of Atlantica was to get an Orichalcum+ so you can make Sora's Ultima Weapon. :p

4. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Most people havent played CoM some of us gamers dont have a Handheld item its all Ps2 gamecube and xbox!

Final and Antiform are both by chance that you will get them the chances of ANtiform increaseing is +1 everytime you use valor or the other one its +2? when you use master form and -1 when useing final form Final form cant be chosen at first when you use any form at all you will change to final form when the time comes than after that you can change anytime you want In final form you cant turn into Anti Form at all

the story seem kind of stale. and the way they talked too i think KH1 was better. On a Side Note theyd didnt use soras original voice from KH1 they used someone new they did that for a few the the characters too

Playing roxass was fun!

Spoilers!! I think
    I still need someone to teach me the spoiler tag thing

Anyways if you ever played KH CoM than you know why roxass was there of course as most of us know Roxass was a nobody

Later on in the story you find that Roxass is being used by Diz Remeber I dont think Diz is part of the Nobodies he says that he was a servent under someone

i think sora does find his friends according to my strategy book you can use riku later on and you meet kairi later i think you meet her.

Any ways if someones having trouble P.M. Me ill use the Strategy guide FoOs!

But i havent beaten teh game so i dont know im at 18 hours level 30 sumthing (PS. Dont you love strategy Guides?)

5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

A couple of notes...

Final Form, the first time, is completely random but from that point on you can select to go into Final Form.

And yes, it was still Haley that did Sora's voice. You have to remember, it's been three years since the last KH when Haley was still young (about 14 or 15) and he's now 18 so, yeah. Around that age, things change. :p Most of the voices were the same from the first game. Thankfully, Sephiroth's changed to the voice he's going to have in Advent Children.

And as a little side note, nothing to do with KH really, but the VA behind Axel (Quinton Flynn) is apparently going to be doing the voice for Reno in Advent Children dub. Just wanted to throw that out there since I think it seems like a good choice. :p

6. Fudge_Monkeys

hehehe Quinton Flynn must like red heads. and axel and reno seem kind of the same sorta.

7. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

KH2 looks like its going to be sweet but i hear from a friend that you only play as sora for about half the game is this true?

8. Chane

Chane Audience of One

No. No it's not.

9. Luffy

ok good cause soras like my favrite charater

10. Fudge_Monkeys

you play roxass for like 3 hours damn intro is too long but its intresting

11. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Three hours? Hm... didn't take me THAT long. But either way, that's not nearly half the game.

12. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Three hours if you work for that good money.

I was all into Roxas, then three hours later he's like "looks like my vacation is over"...THEN they show the Kingdom Hearts II logo.

That SUCKED!

Who else beside me liked simple and clean so much better?

- Kaiyon

13. Luffy

simple and clean was like 100 times better

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Actually, "Sanctuary" has a nice haunting melody to it. It's not on "par" with Simple and Clean...but I really like it.

15. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Actually, myself and Kara have agreed we actually like Sanctuary more. We were trying to beat Gabe and Tycho (of Penny Arcade)'s record of how many times they listened to it on the first day. :p

16. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Indeed it's a great song, but Simple and Clean is way more catchy, plus it gets a lot of different versions (like the orchestral version for instance)

Great soundtrack alltogether though.

-Seishin

17. Luffy

yea simple and clean is catchy and its true the orchestral version is pretty sweet but the new song is very good as well

18. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i love riku's new look. i got the game yesterday and i'm almost finished with it. i hated the three hours i had to play with Roxas. it was a complete waste of time, none of the bosses we're even anywhere near as challenging as the first game...

but i'm looking forward to that final battle, i'm actually puased in the middle of it right now.

i can't wait to get home from school.

just to see riku and his long hair again.

I like Both songs equally. Sanctuary has it's own unique beauty to it.

19. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

i like how the whole game looks. its great fighting scenes and i like the fact that you can pause the game anywhere! thats awsome! but i was wondering, has anyone thought that maybe rykku got "busy" during that whole year that pasted??? i mean really! i saw him and i was like "DAMN! SOMEONE FOUND SOME BOOTY IN THE RELM OF DARKNESS!" although i do kno he's still a young man...wat ever. the game's great!!!:D