Recreation Languages.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrunkLeprachaun, Jul 17, 2002.

?

Are you a native english speaker?

1. Yes, I spake prefect englush.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No, I am terrribly afraid my vocabulary is perhaps not as extensive as some.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

english .. spanish(though spoken backwards =/) ^_^ adn currenlty learing german...such a fun language ^_^

2. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

Hah! Deutsch macht kein Spass!!!
    (Aber mein Lehrer war sehr dumm)

Wir hatten nur schrieben Aufgabe, und sprachen nur ein Bisschen deutsch im Klass.

That's why my German is full of holes, my listening comprehension is about the same as that of a deaf man, and I'm screwed on the AP exam.

3. Misao

Misao New Member

~~~
    what i think is that japanese is not really hard to learn. of course... if u are chinese ^^.. well.. ... in case u didn't know.. some chinese characters include in the japanese grammar.. so it's kinda alike.. but the meaning might change abit.. although.. writing in hiragana is easier ^^....

4. Yumi

Yumi New Member

it's true about the japanese borrowing some of the chinese characters, dunno about speaking it fluently:catgirl:

5. Niu-chan

Niu-chan New Member

he he I know what you mean elee! The der die das dem des den thing REALLY makes you P'd O, don't it?:confused:

Oh and about the 'M2A' thing Serephinx...well, everyone else was doing it and I was scared everyone would think I was, you know, different if I didn't.

T'was peer pressure I tell you! PEER PRESSURE!!!!

LUV you all :shy3:
    *niu-chan*

6. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

My 4th year teacher (new, this one's not a moron) lived in Germany (I'm talkin' paid their taxes lived) for 3.5 years with only his wife to speak English to, before he could get the )*#^&)*& adjective endings, and he's a genius.

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I speak English (first language) but was force-taught spanish in High School (I know a bit, but i'm not fluent enough to direct some guys outta a paper bag :p ). I am going to take a language course in College tho and have settled down on three choices Russian, Italian or Herbrew (I know its a dead language, but I'd still like to take it). Anyone have any recommendations? Which one is the most similar to english as far as grammer (I don't know if any of them are, but grammer is what killed me in spanish class [plus a lousy teacher didn't help.....]). Well, N-E-ways, just give me your opinion *thanks*

8. Omnidragon

Omnidragon New Member

I was born in Australia, and I still live there. In other words, I speak fluent English at school.

I was raised in a Chinese family, so I can speak fluent Cantonese and Mandarin.

I can speak fluent Vietnamnese for personal reasons that I can't be bothered to elaborate upon.

I've learnt Japanese for 7 years. Although I'm still not very fluent, I could hold a conversation.

I studied Latin for 8 years - not that I actually speak it. By the way, I'm not being patronising *cough* *cough*.

9. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

:shy3: Hmmm... wait a minute, does that mean you're trying to make a "sucker" out of me? :anger2: Well fine! *begins furiously sucking the lolly, in a disturbing way*

10. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Ack, u nasty (me-thinks). I did not need to read that right now (loss of appitite, loss of eyesight, wanna just go to sleep right now :dizzy2: :dizzy2: ).

11. Yumi

Yumi New Member

....scared about the last two post....

12. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

From what I've heard (Baph knows more) Russian has grammar very similar to English.

13. Yumi

Yumi New Member

really that cool in all but i wouldn't know very much of russian

14. Rebos

Rebos New Member

Me speak...

Me only can speak two language: Swedish and english (some japanese words)...
    Hey Tedz are you swedish?

15. Kirei na kimyou

Kirei na kimyou New Member

Yeah, it's mainly swedish, english and some japanese here :D
    Trying to learn japanese too (very handy when watching anime ;) )

16. Yumi

Yumi New Member

yup yup me speak chinese, english and bit of japanese learning more now woo hoo ^_^

17. Shadowstalker

Shadowstalker New Member

i speak...

the languages i speak are...

english, sign language, a couple words in chinese, and some german. want to learn irish though...:D

18. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

is it a bad sign, I wonder, to randomly mix 4 languages when answering a teacher after falling asleep in class?

then again, the look she gave me was absolutely priceless :D

19. CubeZ

CubeZ New Member

I speak mandarin Chinese fluently (1st language) ^-^ and some English. Plus, a little Japanese b/c I took 2 year Jap. class in high school so I know the basic, but not well enough to carry on the conversation. ^-^'' It helped a little to watch Jap. anime with subtitle. I also learn it from my mother b/c she's fluent in Japanese. ^-^ :D

I only know one French word (escargo) and a couple sentences in Cantonese & Spanish. :)

20. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

i can speak korean and spanish. i'm currently learning japanese. booya you lazy americans who insult the rest of us.