Manga Ring Project M2A Manga ring

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Suzu, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Writing>The reason I've allows a lot of ppl to be writers because it's takes a long time to generate ideas and write a good story. So I'd be expecting that we have at least 3 short stories to begin with. Remeber that you writers can either team up or work alone. We'll selects one story to draw out a manga. If this projects is sucessful, we might as well create another manga out of another story.

Character Designers> I think 4 ppl are enough. Remember that the character you design are close to the ones in the story. :)

Editors> Room fer 2 more ppl

Manga Layout designer> Room fer 2 more ppl

Misao>^_^ I'm happy that you joined.

Volunteers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Story Writers: k0gepAn_LuFF3r, _Teddz_, User18, Nephilim_X, Meaikoh_Takashi, Blue Crow

Editors: Zanza, Skuld, Meaikoh Takashi

Character Designers: Tooma, Blue Crow, Inu-Girl, Misao

Manga layout Designers: Inu-Girl, Skuld

Mangaka: Misao, MrPig, Skuld

Inkers/Cleaniner (outlining): Misao

Toners/CGers: Skuld

Any more volunteers?
    Any suggestions or ideas for a good short story?
    am I reasonable or do I ask fer too much?:sweat2:

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

ok could I be also an editor :) heh aby kel banat el 3arab ekonon el meshrefeen

3. Yuna

Yuna New Member

I want to clean and CG other people's drawings:
    Pwetty please add me as:
    Inkers/Cleaniner
    and
    Toners/CGers

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Tooma-san> Wella yehimish yel '3alia! A-kh-aleesh editor!:D

How about I post a couple of tutorials.
    Tutorials
    CG tutorial
    Applying Digital screentones

Volunteers
    Story Writers: k0gepAn_LuFF3r, _Teddz_, User18, Nephilim_X, Meaikoh_Takashi, Blue Crow

Editors: Zanza, Tooma, Skuld, Meaikoh Takashi

Mangaka: Misao, MrPig, Skuld

Inkers/Cleaniner (outlining): Misao, Yuna

Toners/CGers: Skuld, Yuna

5. MrPig

MrPig New Member

im sure this is no problem, but i dont have a scanner of my own, i have to use the one at school, and i have no idea how to resize my pictures, nor do i have webspace to upload them onto :(

so would it be okay if i attached them to an email to somebody to resize and (maybe) clean-up if need be? I only do pencil sketches and (very bad :p ) water-colouring after all...

happy to be on board!

Skuld- ill get to the scanner tomorrow and email you a few thingies :)

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

^_^ This sounds great. What direction do you guys want to go in for the story? Something that speaks about M2A?

I also think we should put a Sticky Note up in the Manga forum so people can find the manga webring easily.

I hope you don't mind that I might submit a character sketch or two anyhow, but I'll try to leave the job to our highly talented character designers.

7. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Glad to help!Storywriting is no problem.A character designer is no problem either.That is....when I get a new scanner.That should be very soon.I will try the hardest I can,but I will let you know if I can't get one.

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I've been thinking about a more....how do you call it "romance + Comedy" Manga or this "fantasy" story.

A young man named (Haven't think of a name...yet) aged 17 goes to Fujishima High school, and one day while he was playing soccer at school, he was tripped by a metal object on the ground. He realized that this was a glove and it had magical powers. His grandfather, told him about the glove. The Gloves name is "Il Mardoire", a glove that can transform to all kinds of shapes, and posses with a magical rune stone which makes the glove full with the power of Fire...

The whereabouts of this glove is unknown, but his grandfather, who is a fortune teller knew that this glove would bring great danger to earth, and that the boy had to destroy it. But evil creatures from outta space heard where this glove has "landed" and comes down to earth to take it to their use...

Well...this is what i've been thinking of...but i'm gonna do some final adjustments so that it will be good :)

9. MrPig

MrPig New Member

hm, good story. i believe its been said, but WEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D

i think maybe baseball instead of soccer, after all, this IS Japan. And considering how its powers only fire, i cant see how it will bring such great danger to the Earth... and are the monsters going to be big bugs, or human-sized people with bogglingly big foreheads? :p

great ideas though!

10. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I think the story is great, however lets not forget that it must be short and not very complicated. Usually space, and monsters are just too big a theme for a short manga; may not? I can't really say anything until we read the story.

Any other ideas?

I think I missed someone!
    BB> Sorry !!! @_@;;;; There fixed ^_^!
    Please tell me if I missed anyone....
    Volunteers
    Story Writers: k0gepAn_LuFF3r, _Teddz_, User18, Nephilim_X, Meaikoh_Takashi, Blue Crow, Bloodberry

Editors: Zanza, Tooma, Skuld, Meaikoh Takashi, Bloodberry

Mangaka: Misao, MrPig, Skuld, BloodBerry

Inkers/Cleaniner (outlining): Misao, Yuna

Toners/CGers: Skuld, Yuna

11. MrPig

MrPig New Member

when will we get a script/some characters to design?

i wont have a scanner for the rest of this and next week because college's out (half term), but on the plus side, ill have the best part of 9 days to just draw :)

skuld - can you pm me your email address so i can send some attached piccies for you to "judge" :rolleyes:

... and oh yeah, checking your profile for an email... im a whole 4 days younger than you, gosh darnit ;)

12. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

Hey, Skuld, just another question. Are we planning on making more than one of these so that the story would be "to be continued in next issue" type thing, or are we going to do this all in one fell swoop? :)

13. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I think we should make it all in "one fell swoop" as you said. This is our first attempt. Maybe if we successfully produce something good, then we might start doing serious and complex mangas.
    That's why I'm insisting that the story should be simple and short. I don't expect us to produce large mangas similar to Fruit Basket and Ranma. :dizzy2:

I want to hear what you guys say in this.
    Should the story be long and complex? or simple?
    Feedback is highly appreciated!:)

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, i think for starters, simple would be good. this way, we can get used to working like this.
    first off, basic story ideas. we've got one thrown out. oro are we gonna go with that one and refine it a bit then?

15. Meaikoh

I think short and simple is a lot more fun, and easier to work with too! It should have funny parts too.

16. MrPig

MrPig New Member

funny parts envolving the main character getting beaten up... a lot :D

My friend and i said maybe we should do an IRS (Inland Revenue Service) version of the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, they fight crime with a boiling kettle, a stationary holder, a keyboard wire, and a "revoked" stamp.

Man we get bored in college... :p

17. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

How about this:

After an all-you-can-eat buffet,Minato(a boy) feels sick,and goes home.When he goes to sleep,he has a horrible dream about
    a food demon(no name yet).It talks to him and explains that he will be taking over his body from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM everyday for 5 months.He causes death and destruction while in Minato's body,and leaves Minato with the blame and hate.He also explains,that during these 5 months,he must search the globe for the fabled "Loaf of Esao".This is a magical loaf of bread that can cure the worst of infections(like food demons,for example).After he embarks on a journey to find the legendary loaf,a beautiful young girl meets him and tells him that she has been ordered to aid him on his journey.She is the legendary "Chef of the Underworld" named Lugata.She has assorted food powers,like:
    turning things into asparagus,converting "gas" into weapons,and making a mean shrimp gumbo!Basically,it's about Minato and Lugata traveling and helping people with their problems while searching for the loaf.As well as dealing with the food demon's late night possesions.

Well,what do you think?I thought it sounded good.If you don't use this one,I'll make my own manga out of it after I'm done with my present one.

18. Meaikoh

Oh! I love that idea! We could really work with it! I vote for Blue Crow's idea!

19. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Refinements

According to several posts, I see that the Manga should be a Comedy type. Thus we have to look at the two stories we have so far and try to refine, add ideas, modify.

Editors> We need your feed back on the two stories.

Story #1
    1- What can this glove do which makes it a threat to the world?
    2- Why creatures from outer space? Why do they want the glove so much?
    3- Can we replace creatures from outer space with ambitious government officials, mysterious companies, or demons?
    4- Is the story sci fic? Isn’t it romance?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story #2
    I like this idea. We could refine it a little more.
    1-How about that Minato is a High School student who finds a coupon to this restaurant on the street returning home from a stressful day at school?
    2-We need to focus on the type of restaurant. Let’s say a Chinese restaurant that serves ancient Chinese food. (Probably cursed food)
    3-Let’s say Minato has a Girlfriend who suffers from the possessed Minato. IT would become a greater conflict with Lugata coming into the picture.
    4-“Demon causing death and destruction” @_@ Violence? :eek: Since we want a comical manga it’s preferable that we focus on this demons intentions to ruin Minato’s life, reputation, and relationships rather than kill all people and become a threat to the world.

I think Blue Crows story is very original and probably suitable...

Any suggestions, input, opinions, feedback are highly appreciated!?:)