Manga Ring Project M2A Manga ring

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Suzu, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Caution: M2A rules! Let's not forget!

Bad mod Skuld has to say something +____x: Writers may you post your stories at the thread I've created at the Fiction section, I think they belong there. I'll add a link at that thread and this one so that we can go back and forth. We don't want to break the rules even though the stories are EXTREMELLY imporant and relevent to creating our Manga.

2. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

whuups. My bad. Sorry, forgot. Can it be moved, or do you want me to post it there?

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

May you post it there K0ge ^_^. It's also my fault for not being clear.

4. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Right, I'll go get started on that draft now! W007! What date are we shooting for? Not necessarily a deadline, but around what time should we be 'ready for production?'

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I'm not really sure, it might take a while. I'd expect that we work really hard now and have the story done then take a small break and then start on the character design, manga layout, etc. Ofcourse during this break I hope everyone get aquainted with the story and try their best. :)

Writers> You have till the end of March to develop a story
    Everyone>During April, May and June, I'd expect that you have read the story. This will be a break for us since some of us might have exams and school stuff. I'm extremely busy here, so I'd be absent.

By the end of June and the beginning of summer we'll start the drawing and Manga planning stages. I guess everyone has some freetime during summer...

Is this reasonable? Input please! :D:)

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Sounds great! One more question...^.^, the main points of the story, the name of the boy, the restaurant, the demon, the girl, I know that's posted somewhere, so I was just wondering where.

7. MrPig

MrPig New Member

summer's fine. a bit of a relief actually ;)

but i dont know, ill cketch out some character designs whenever i get bored (i.e. VERY frequently).
    thing is im going to Japan in september, so that doesnt give me for one a lotta time to work on things :(

bah well, ill do what i can :)

8. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Boys Name: Minato
    Restaraunt: Drunken Dragon's Flaming Wok
    Girl: Lugata
    Girlfriend: Satomi
    Demon: Tenkadamachi

We need last names for Minato and Satomi,though.I'll think of something,or you could.Lugata is simply Lugata.

9. MrPig

MrPig New Member

Satomi Sasaki and Minato Nakamura?

10. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

How about chosing one of the RPGs?? Or one of the fanfics??
    Or merging some of the fanfics or some of the RPGs or even merging the fanfics with RPGs? :p Or something like that :sweat:

or..or..or.. :sweat:

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

skuld, can i be moved to just edit and character design? been very busy with my computer not working...and homework...sigh...stupid puter...i'd kick it..but it's new...and i have ppl to kick in it's stead. thanks *^-^*;;

12. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

There your go BB! :) I think we have a enough Character Designers. We need more Mangakas.

So far we have discussed 4 main characters. :dizzy2: or was is 3? no, that's right it's 4 . Minato, Satomi, Lugata, and the Demon Tenkadamachi.

Question Demon> Female or male???? :dizzy2:?
    Finding surnames> go to this site Doujiart has a whole list and it really hard to decide ^_^!

Volunteers ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Story Writers: k0gepAn_LuFF3r, _Teddz_, User18, Nephilim_X,

Meaikoh_Takashi, Blue Crow, Bloodberry

Editors: Zanza, Tooma, Skuld, Meaikoh Takashi, Bloodberry

Character Designers: Tooma, Blue Crow, Inu-Girl, Misao, BloodBerry

Manga layout Designers: Inu-Girl, Skuld

Mangaka: Misao, MrPig, Skuld

Inkers/Cleaniner (outlining): Misao, Yuna

Toners/CGers: Skuld, Yuna

13. MrPig

MrPig New Member

or you can be awkward and insist on using surnames beginning with either L, Q, V, X or Z :p

14. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I think the demon should be male.Let's face it,men are more vicious than women.

15. MrPig

MrPig New Member

no, you've obviously just got lucky with girlfriends ;)

16. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I read the story in the fiction forum done by koga .. and I love the story, but why was Minato the choosen one ? For what reason does the demon posses his body ? and btw who is Lugata ?

suggestions:-

-Minato found a ticket to a resturant, he was thinking of asking Satomi out for dinner. When he was sleeping the demon had tricked him into signing a deal with him. So the next day, everything seemed normal, and he went to school. At 12, he felt dizzy and went to the nurse. Then he saw a person that looks like him walking infront of him. He thought he was hallusinating so he went to the bathroom to wash his face. The person appeared again and told him that he now posses his body till midnight. For twelve hours, Minato turns into a ghost where no one can hear or see him except for the demon.

-Why the demon possed Minato's body? The demon wants to break the curse, by having someone accepts and loves who he really is and he believes that Satomi is the one.
    --Curse: He was cursed with a hideous appearance by a demon lady. She liked the demon, but he mocked her about her looks. To break the curse, someone should tell him that she loves him after seeing his repelling face.

17. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Lugata is the girl that aids Minato on his journey to find the Loaf of Esao.She's te fabled "Chef of the Underworld".

And about the suggestions:they're great,but I don't think that's what we're going for here.We want to focus more on the possession and the journey to find the loaf.Your suggestions sounded very serious,and we want a little more humor.Hence Lugata's food powers,like turning farts into swords,etc.

18. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

My life is full of drama and i guess its affecting my creativity :p .. I guess Im a bit confused, cuz this is confusing me .. Is this the offical story ? cuz lugata isnt mentioned in it ?

19. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

No,it's not official yet.It's just Koge's rendition of the story.Or part of it anyways.The other writers may submit rough drafts of the story as well.

P.S.You shouldn't appologize for your creativeness,because I love it!

20. Misao

Misao New Member

jmm.. wonderting.. am i in it??:eek:

if i am.. then should i start with the char. designing?

i've got an idea in how they would look it.. wait till i scan then