Anime Manga or Anime(which is better)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Soitsu, Jan 9, 2006.

?

Anime or Manga

1. Anime!

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Manga!

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Both!!!

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

To me I like Manga better because most of the time they leave lots of interesting stuff from the manga out of the anime!:p

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Manga, lots more curses and voilence. DUH

3. Black Nyoko

Black Nyoko New Member

i do favor manga a little more, but I also like how the anime brings everything together, like you can better visualize the characters, places, and you get to hear character voices which usually sticks with you. Like when you watch another anime you may be like "oh yeah that''s _____ voice from _____".

4. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I'm pretty sure a thread like this has been done before..but I could be wrong..

But alas for me.. It would have to be Anime...why? Cause I have never read a real manga in my life nore held one in my hands to be more specific..but Web mangas are a VERY DIFFERENT THING:D

5. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

I like both. But i prefer the manga. Like Soitsu said, they leave alot of stuff from the original manga out of the anime. Or they twist it. Take Pretear for example. For those who have read and seen both the manga and the anime, in the anime they have sasame become takakos dark knight. In the manga he was just like there and all....

6. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

In the manga in naruto, there is a lot more blood, but in naruto not many things are left out from the manga!

7. Orion

Orion Gears

I like manga better just because I like reading better than watching T.V. Plus, they can put a lot more stuff in mangas than they can on T.V.

>.>

<.<

:p

8. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

So basically in the manga there can be a lot more violence then in the anime, and say like naruto in the manga is 13+, in the anime it is 7+???

9. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Manga for the most part, but sometimes anime is better. Cool special effects (Fullmetal Alchemist) are awesome, and could never be replicated in print.

10. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Well, some animes are better than some mangas and vice versa.

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Indeed. I remember saying this before somewhere, but the Excel Saga manga is, in my opinion, better than the anime. (The anime is just too insane for me), and I prefer Ai Yori Aoshi, the manga, to the anime.

I think it might have something to do with which you see first. Both of those I read the manga first, and every other series I've seen the anime first and preferred it. Iunno.

12. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I agree the anime could be better AT times, but most of the time the manga has more detail.:anime:

13. Orion

Orion Gears

Well yeah. They can put a lot more stuff in the mangas because there are just some things you can't show on T.V. to the general audience, like nudity, swearing, etc. Did you know that Cartoon Network stopped airing the uncut DBZ episodes becuase Hercule let "hell" slip? Yup, they're THAT serious about it.

14. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Do you know that the orginal Dragon Ball show had Goku get naked on multiple occasions...and thiers of course one of the AOV's or whatevert the hell thier called where Gohan is taking a leak right on Krillens head...priceless:p

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

On the manga, Goku isn't the only one to get naked.

Another example on difference. In InuYasha the Anime, Kagura fights, and that's about it, but in the manga, people seem to target her clothes more seriously than everything else.^^

Manga is better, but Anime is easier to take.

-Seishin

16. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Inuyasha I think I the worst so far changing manga to anime...They left out All of the nudity(of course), Almost all the Cursing, and most of the blood wasn't shown either...:eek:

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Aren't you too young for that?
    Well, we could say fu** a lot of times, but the big companies don't like to bleep their anime....
    Decent enough, we don't need 20 pints of blood everytime InuYasha gets scarred....

Still, i find manga more enjoyable for some reason. Maybe because it doesn't get butchered?

-Seishin

18. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I'm not saying I like the nudity(hehehe)it's just that whats in the manga is not in the anime, thats my whole point, and 20 pints of blood thats way to...LITTLE!!!:D

19. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Heh. Watch Excel Saga. There's a poor girl who coughs up a lot of blood, even for anime. Especially at the end....

Still, Anime is needed.

Manga is like a book today, and Anime is like a movie based on a book. Which usually owns, and most of the time the drawing style is better (FMA, FMP, Chrono Crusade,etc...).

Keep in mind though, sometimes it's worse. For instance, I could swear Naru gained a couple a' pounds there for Love Hina the Anime....

-Seishin

20. geishaboy

geishaboy New Member

Definately manga

I'm poor and it's cheaper for a start