Anime Manga or Anime(which is better)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Soitsu, Jan 9, 2006.

?

Anime or Manga

1. Anime!

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Manga!

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Both!!!

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The trouble with manga too, is depending on the artist, it gets REALLY convoluted pages.

A good example would actually be Air Gear. Sometimes, I don't know what the hell is going on, since Oh! Great! has a really epileptic method of drawing comics.

I'm exactly with ZakoSoldier on this though. They're both good, provided in a case-by-case basis. Source material is *often*, but not *always*, better than an adaptation.

+1 for mentioning Azumanga Daioh.:D :D

2. Sango

Sango New Member

I'm happy with both!

3. Fushigi Rockna

(just saw this)

Uh correction, most of the time the drawing style is better for SHOUNEN anime than manga. :p Shoujo manga is ten times prettier than their anime counterparts. I mean dude, every CLAMP anime i've seen the manga has looked SO MUCH PRETTIER. Even when CLAMP's style started going downhill. Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres can't even begin to capture the beauty of their original mangas. :rolleyes: I find I have to say the exact opposite of what you said, usually the manga art is better than than the anime....for shoujo. ;) Shounen manga is usually always ugly XD

Aaaaaaccccccckkkkk, the FMA manga, aw what a sweet love/hate relationship I have with thee. XDD At least Mustang looks his age in the manga (which is given as 29 and i can only assume turns to 30 during the series) rather than some sexy college student I'd love to get screwed by everyday like he does in the anime. 8D Not that i don't love the look of the manga Roy...it's just... I do not know where I'm going with this XD;; Older men either way >}

4. Neji Hyuuga

Neji Hyuuga New Member

Im not much of a reader.....so i prefer anime just for the action and the no reading part even if manga has cusing nudity and more gore i just like anime a little better